+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Okay, so I have my Schedule A ready and the police certificate for Canada, but I haven't heard anything from the FBI for the police certificate from the US that I sent that off in September. When I sent it off, the website said it should take about 10-12 weeks, but the processing time on the site seems to be increasing more and more.... now it says 14-16 weeks, and that isn't including the amount of time needed to mail it. :/ I got the letter requesting for the documents in October and it said they need to be submitted by December 11th. It doesn't look like I will be able to get it in time. :( The letter says if I can't get it that I need to write a letter and submit proof like a payment receipt or a tracking number, but I don't have either of those since they still have not charged the credit card and I don't have tracking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
I sent mine to the FBI in late July and it took 14 weeks, hopefully you'll get yours soon too. In case you don't I think it'd be better if you at least submit Schedule A + the certificate that you have and an explanation that you're still waiting for the one from US.

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
I sent mine to the FBI in late July and it took 14 weeks, hopefully you'll get yours soon too. In case you don't I think it'd be better if you at least submit Schedule A + the certificate that you have and an explanation that you're still waiting for the one from US.
I'm definitely submitting what I have and already have them uploaded! I'm just not sure what I should do about the FBI one since I don't have a payment receipt from the FBI or tracking. I tried to dig around and found the receipt from the police for the fingerprints that were part of what was sent to the FBI, but I don't know if that's enough proof.

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hi,

I just got AOR last week and was able to link it online the other day. Can I link the OWP or i have to wait for a few days to do it. Tried it but linking the OWP was not possible, it says App not found.

Thanks!

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I just want to say a huge congrats to all those who got updates this week!!!!! Whether it be AOR, OWP or passed medicals!!!!!!!!
I know this process can get a lot stressful and takes a toll on everyone involved. Seeing the success stories and following everyone’s updates makes this process a little more transparent!!!!

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
I submitted my inland spousal sponsorship and was received (sent via courier) last October 24. I’ve yet to see an acknowledgment of receipt. What’s happening? What should I do?

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

I just got AOR last week and was able to link it online the other day. Can I link the OWP or i have to wait for a few days to do it. Tried it but linking the OWP was not possible, it says App not found.

Thanks!
Congrats on receiving your AOR. I hope you don’t mind my asking, when did you send your application or how long before you got your AOR? Cause I sent it mine October 24 and still haven’t gotten anything back. :(

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
I am confused, once again.

On the letter I received with the AOR it says:
"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life bla bla bla

On the instructions to upload the police certificates it says:
"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more.
[...] You will be advised if you are required to obtain a police certificate for Canada."

I am Inland, I currently live in Canada. According to the letter, am I being requested to submit a police certificate for Canada?

I don't understand.

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
I submitted my inland spousal sponsorship and was received (sent via courier) last October 24. I’ve yet to see an acknowledgment of receipt. What’s happening? What should I do?
According to Facebook page and spreadsheet, they are currently processing applications received the first week of October. I wouldn't worry.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
I am confused, once again.

On the letter I received with the AOR it says:
"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life bla bla bla

On the instructions to upload the police certificates it says:
"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more.
[...] You will be advised if you are required to obtain a police certificate for Canada."

I am Inland, I currently live in Canada. According to the letter, am I being requested to submit a police certificate for Canada?

I don't understand.
No you don't need to provide the Canadian, I had the same confusion but it is very clearly stated

Reactions: Mt80

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
No you don't need to provide the Canadian, I had the same confusion but it is very clearly stated
Thank you! Cause in the meantime I had submitted the certificates, and realized you cannot upload further documents, or edit the submission. Lol. Panic.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hi, thanks a lot for replying!

I'm pretty sure his profile had multiple fields for countries, something like "all countries you lived in since 18 years old". We can double check again, although he just got notified that his Canadian police certificate is ready, so we might as well send it too.

Another question: do I, as a family member, have to fill out Schedule A? The form says "you and all family members must provide their own copy". I was advised earlier by an immigration consultant (an acquaintance) that I need to provide the form too.
The thing is though, you can only upload 1 file in the profile, and these forms can't be combined into one PDF as they are complex files. We thought we'd print them out, scan them and attach as one file.

Does anyone know if I have to provide it? Maybe if there is no option to upload multiple files, I don't have to submit it.

Thanks!
Double check but anyway if you have it it cannot hurt to send it as well, I personally applied for it then realized I didn't need it and didn't want to wait to apply.
Regarding your other question I'm sorry I can't be 100% certain but I'm pretty sure you don't, as you are the sponsor, for example my partner/sponsor, who is a Canadian citizen, did not fill her own copy of the SA. Family members would be if you had kids etc... Like the 1st step of the application, when you had to fill out the IMM 5406, it says the same thing, each family member has to do their own, but this does not apply to you Sponsor even if it is quite confusing. I'm 100% on that one

Reactions: Shannonbella

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Thank you! Cause in the meantime I had submitted the certificates, and realized you cannot upload further documents, or edit the submission. Lol. Panic.
I know the feeling so well my friend! Any way once it's done, thinking back and getting all stressed out is not good, I have done it many times haha! We shall just wait and see! Hopefully all goes well for al of us!