Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi, All,

To update and share, RAMQ will only cover for 2 reasons, whichever one comes out first:
1. PR or AIP comes out;
2. Full-time employment. You will just need to submit a certificate of employment for this.

:)

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, All,

To update and share, RAMQ will only cover for 2 reasons, whichever one comes out first:
1. PR or AIP comes out;
2. Full-time employment. You will just need to submit a certificate of employment for this.

:)
Thank you for the updates! You meant either any of two reasons or?

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
i need help guys or explanation. Yesterday i was checking mycic. nothing same old same old. after few hours i checked back again to notice UPDATED under details section. SO i clicked on check messages but there was no update?

anyone know what does that mean?
It doesn't necessarily mean that you got a new message. It could mean that let's say your Background check was Not Applicable and it changed its status to "Processing". I'd suggest looking closely at the table that shows up after you open your application. In my case when my background check and review of additional documents have changed their statuses I didn't even get an email. It did show the "Update" status though. I would suggest rechecking your application Profile Details.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Does AOR means Sponsor Approval? I thought it just meant that the application was complete and CIC will begin processing/reviewing it. In either regard, CONGRATULATIONS! AOR is the first exciting step towards the end game, all the best!
No, it does not. It's Acknowledgment of Receipt. If you google that term "AOR cic canada" it will show you the whole definition. It basically means that you have paid all the fees right, gathered the right/updated documents/forms and they are proceeding with processing the whole application. The only good thing you get from there is your Application number so you can link it in your CIC account to check on its status. Sponsor's Approval is a totally different thing and from what I've read here it comes after medical request (sometimes people would get AIP before SA or even land before obtaining Sponsor's Approval). Sponsor's Approval is something that you get at the very end of your application.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
Any updates on your OWP ?? I applied on July as well, and have not heard anything.
hey, no news yet!! :( This is crazy. I wonder whats happened to the July applicant's.??
Have you tried to contact anyone or find any info on what the delay could be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Amsadek4u

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
hey, no news yet!! :( This is crazy. I wonder whats happened to the July applicant's.??
Have you tried to contact anyone or find any info on what the delay could be?
If you don’t have a valid temporary resident permit as at the time they are processing your application, they will have to wait for your AIP before issuing your work permit, and that’s one of the reasons why it usually take longer than 4 months.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi, and join this thread.

I've been in Canada since 2012, came here as a student, received my permanent residency through Express Entry this year.

Now I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, who is here from the UK on an International Experience Open Work Permit. We applied inland as we want to stay together in Canada, and extend his work permit as well.

- We mailed the application on September 17, it was received on September 19.
- Confirmation of receipt arrived on November 12.
- Invitation to link the application, and request to upload Schedule A and police certificated arrived on November 15.

Currently waiting to receive his Canadian police certificate to upload everything to the account. Should have done it earlier!
Also waiting for my sponsorship approval, and his new Open Work Permit.

Did anyone here also apply for the OWP? What is the timeline currently like? His permit expires on January 11:oops:

Thanks everyone!

Are you sure you need to provide the Canadian Police certificate? I did not, and I'm pretty sure you do not either.
When you are logged in your CIC account and you se the lost of documents you have to upload (SA + Police checks), there is a little "?" button, just click on it and read the first paragraph, it should clearly states "You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more.

If so just apply today!
Hope this helps

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
It doesn't necessarily mean that you got a new message. It could mean that let's say your Background check was Not Applicable and it changed its status to "Processing". I'd suggest looking closely at the table that shows up after you open your application. In my case when my background check and review of additional documents have changed their statuses I didn't even get an email. It did show the "Update" status though. I would suggest rechecking your application Profile Details.
THanks for your reply. I check my application almost 20 times a day every day lol. But i am confident nothing is changed so i was wondering if that means some one was actually working on my file or not

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi friends, Our application was returned this morning as we left one of the signature papers out somehow. So I'm resending in the morning. I am wondering if it goes faster the second time? And do I send it to the same place?
Make sure you send the updated forms since they changed some forms around October 27th.

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
For anyone having trouble linking their application to their online account, you should use the "Report a technical issue" option on the website. I tried to link for 3 days and it never worked, so I messaged them. Initially they gave me the generic responses but said I could send them all of the answers I'm using (screenshots) and the error messages. When I sent the second error with screenshots and explaining that nothing would work, they were able to go in a fix whatever issue was preventing the app from being linked. It worked on my first try after that! This is a much less frustrating option than trying to add random spaces, etc.

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys, I (primary applicant) submitted on Oct 3, 2017, and just got my AOR this morning sent to my own email instead of sponsor's. I have linked my application successfully on my first try. I noticed my application status changed from Pending Registration to Your Action Is Required, while no message available in the table. Does it happen to everyone or should call them for explanations? Thanks in advance!