Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Quick update:
As many, after submitting SA and PCC, my CIC account still shows "Your Action is Required". After reading some posts I decided to message CIC as well and explaining them my situation. Here is their answer:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.
We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that everything appears to be in order with your application.
Rest assured that you will be informed if additional information is needed.
Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Some people thought that by doing so it could accelerate the start of their background check, I can't comment on that as for me nothing changed and the status of my application still shows "Your Action is required"

As always, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quick update:
As many, after submitting SA and PCC, my CIC account still shows "Your Action is Required". After reading some posts I decided to message CIC as well and explaining them my situation. Here is their answer:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.
We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that everything appears to be in order with your application.
Rest assured that you will be informed if additional information is needed.
Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Some people thought that by doing so it could accelerate the start of their background check, I can't comment on that as for me nothing changed and the status of my application still shows "Your Action is required"

As always, good luck to everyone!

ah I'm in same situation and thought that may have been the case.
We applied around the same time as you too

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
SQUEEE! We just received our AOR for our application we sent in on Sept 12, 2017. I've been approved to sponsor my spouse.
Does AOR means Sponsor Approval? I thought it just meant that the application was complete and CIC will begin processing/reviewing it. In either regard, CONGRATULATIONS! AOR is the first exciting step towards the end game, all the best!

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi, and join this thread.

I've been in Canada since 2012, came here as a student, received my permanent residency through Express Entry this year.

Now I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, who is here from the UK on an International Experience Open Work Permit. We applied inland as we want to stay together in Canada, and extend his work permit as well.

- We mailed the application on September 17, it was received on September 19.
- Confirmation of receipt arrived on November 12.
- Invitation to link the application, and request to upload Schedule A and police certificated arrived on November 15.

Currently waiting to receive his Canadian police certificate to upload everything to the account. Should have done it earlier!
Also waiting for my sponsorship approval, and his new Open Work Permit.

Did anyone here also apply for the OWP? What is the timeline currently like? His permit expires on January 11:oops:

Thanks everyone!

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi, and join this thread.

I've been in Canada since 2012, came here as a student, received my permanent residency through Express Entry this year.

Now I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, who is here from the UK on an International Experience Open Work Permit. We applied inland as we want to stay together in Canada, and extend his work permit as well.

- We mailed the application on September 17, it was received on September 19.
- Confirmation of receipt arrived on November 12.
- Invitation to link the application, and request to upload Schedule A and police certificated arrived on November 15.

Currently waiting to receive his Canadian police certificate to upload everything to the account. Should have done it earlier!
Also waiting for my sponsorship approval, and his new Open Work Permit.

Did anyone here also apply for the OWP? What is the timeline currently like? His permit expires on January 11:oops:

Thanks everyone!
Currently the wait time for OWP is 8 weeks he should get it in time but IEC DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR IMPLIED STATUS. So if his approval hasn’t come before his current one expires he is not eligible to work until it’s approvwd. My spouse is from England and we had the same problem we are currently waiting on AOR.

rahul89

Oct 28, 2017
did you receive AOR for your OWP yet? We sent ours back a few weeks ago due to lack of payment of the $155, but no AOR yet.. Not expecting it for a while still :(
No. We havnt received any AOR for Work permit. I linked my application online. I received my work permit approval message yesterday and waiting to receive it in our mailbox. It almost took 3 months time

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Hi friends, Our application was returned this morning as we left one of the signature papers out somehow. So I'm resending in the morning. I am wondering if it goes faster the second time? And do I send it to the same place?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi friends, Our application was returned this morning as we left one of the signature papers out somehow. So I'm resending in the morning. I am wondering if it goes faster the second time? And do I send it to the same place?
It would definitely not go faster, your app will be put to the back of the queue so your new app timeline is when they receive it again.
Yes you send it to the same place

sue_mc

Oct 23, 2017
No. We havnt received any AOR for Work permit. I linked my application online. I received my work permit approval message yesterday and waiting to receive it in our mailbox. It almost took 3 months time
Hi Rahul, when was your owp received? Congratulations!

adam86

Feb 16, 2012
Can someone help me with this linking application? for some it doesn't work with me - I submitted a use of representative for my spouse so do I the sponsor enter my info or my spouse's info when linking up?

I been trying this for months and still no luck :(

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi there,

I'm not sure if it could help but you can try my way. I just got refuse for application of free French courses in Quebec, as I didn't send a right document (which I actually guessed so, but I just wanted to try that way, then I will send them a right paper as soon as I get it). Then I called the service and told them that please keep my online account as well as don't close my application, I will send them a right paper when I have it - estimate from 1 to 2 weeks. They said Yes, they will keep my account, and as soon as they receive my new supporting documents, they will keep processing my application.

I'm not sure, but I think like my account are being kept the same numbered wait-list, and it helps me to save time. I hope this way can help your situation.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Can someone help me with this linking application? for some it doesn't work with me - I submitted a use of representative for my spouse so do I the sponsor enter my info or my spouse's info when linking up?

I been trying this for months and still no luck :(
Are you sure that you used a representative for your application? Please check this link out:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I meant CIC requested my spouse to submit the use of representative (happened to be me) because they said sending mail to her in her home country would be hectic.
1. For linking application:
- You can follow these steps:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-242#post-6534210

2. For Representative:
- If you sponsor your wife, and you don't use any representative then CIC service might get some misunderstanding from your application, so you should contact them to say that you do not use any representative. You can contact them to explain your situation here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
(It happened to me once, then I just explained my application clearly to them and it was fixed)

- If you used a representative, then both the representative and your wife can link and check the application.
-> Can I ask who is your wife's representative? A lawyer?

Last edited: