+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi, do you know if all the work permits they give out restrict working in healthcare? (At least what you know) I haven't got mine but I'm just wondering because I'm a nurse and I've worked as a healthcare worker here in Canada before sending out our application.
From what I know, the default OWP has those restrictions already on them i.e can't work in healthcare, with children or as a sex trade worker etc. Those are normally the 3 restricstions on OWP. Since you've worked in Canada as a nurse maybe it'll be different for you? How were you working on a nurse, on a different permit? Is that permit still valid?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Thank you so much for the time you took to explain all this mate, it is truly appreciated!
The whole idea of doing them upfront was just based on the fact that I don't wanna have to wait almost a month between the time they request it and the time I can finally see a doctor, but I completely understand and you're right, I'll wait!

Quick survey for whoever has the time:
How long did it take you to get your appointment with a doctor once IRCC requested the medicals and where are you applying from in Canada?
You hopefully won't have to wait for a month! Since most sponsorship now request you to wait until you get the request, the load on the panel physicians is lower so they're usually more available. It depends on where you live! I know that people who live in the GTA (Toronto, Missisauga, Brampton etc) were able to do their meds like the next day or 2 days later! Since there's quite a few panel physcians in that area so you can call around and ask them all for the soonest availability. If you're in a smaller area it might be different. I live in a smaller area where there's only 1 panel physician clinic (with 3 docs) for 3 cities, so I got my appointment for almost a week later. So your appointment will probably be within a week or so max!

Reactions: naturalG

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm just finishing off the schedule A form and was wondering what has to be included in personal history?

Do I need to list schooling in personal history even though I've listed it in a seperate section already?
Do I print the form off to sign it and then scan it to upload to our application?
If I need extra room how do I go about adding extra boxes?
If you are going to upload it to MyCIC, then you do not need to print it. You fill it out, and type your name in the signature box at the bottom and then validate it and then upload it to your MyCIC account and then when you submit online it asks you to sign your name there electronically.
If you're going to send it via webform or by mail, you'll have to print and sign it.

The latest version of the form lets you add rows through the +/- on the sides. Make sure you're using the latest version (June 2017) and NOT the 2012 version!!
Link to latest version of Schedule A form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

All these instructions are already on the guide (see below): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#expect

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Got an email yesterday saying my OWP was approved!! Yay! expiry in 2 years
So do I have to flagpole to activate the new permit?
My partner hasn't received any correspondence yet and he is my sponsor. I am in BC not Quebec so that would probably be why our timelines are different! :)
Can you explain more for "So do I have to flagpole to activate the new permit?" -> I thought we will have work permit when they mail it to us? Do we need to do something else?

And yeah, maybe different provinces so different timelines. But from what I heard before, applicants from Quebec take longer time to get PR because we have to work with all the papers like the rest of provinces + we have to work more for CSQ - I passed that step and I was so happy. Now I'm worried for Medical request. I read that people from May just got it now.... It takes such a long time!

Last edited:

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
If you are going to upload it to MyCIC, then you do not need to print it. You fill it out, and type your name in the signature box at the bottom and then validate it and then upload it to your MyCIC account and then when you submit online it asks you to sign your name there electronically.
If you're going to send it via webform or by mail, you'll have to print and sign it.

The latest version of the form lets you add rows through the +/- on the sides. Make sure you're using the latest version (June 2017) and NOT the 2012 version!!
Link to latest version of Schedule A form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

All these instructions are already on the guide (see below): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#expect

Thank you so much for your help. Can't believe I was using the old form and didn't notice.
Thank you!!!!!

Reactions: naturalG

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just got my OWP yesterday and wanted to share my timeline with you. :)

Application sent (PR+OWP): August 11
Application Received: August 17
AOR received: October 3rd
Police check/schedule A requested: October 3rd
OWP received: Nov 24

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
From what I know, the default OWP has those restrictions already on them i.e can't work in healthcare, with children or as a sex trade worker etc. Those are normally the 3 restricstions on OWP. Since you've worked in Canada as a nurse maybe it'll be different for you? How were you working on a nurse, on a different permit? Is that permit still valid?
I was actually on a study permit for 3 years with a co-op work permit and was studying a program for nurses in BC. It included a work experience component so, I did have to be a licensed nurse here to continue. I was also a nurse back home and underwent a medical exam prior to coming here and they didn't require me to do it again for my extensions. Hopefully I wouldn't get the restrictions.. or I will have to spend again to get the permit changed. Anyway, it's in the future. Hahaha! Crazy how this application makes me so nervous!

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Yeah. And while you are at it. Get NBI too? Your birth certificate and CENOMAR in original copy. My friend and I got our NBI this month. I think you can only get it from Manila for this case.
Or, @brille_sky can go to the
Hey guys, I just got my OWP yesterday and wanted to share my timeline with you. :)

Congrats, @Yakuza_princess! :)

CupofTea

Nov 22, 2017
This is something very informative.. i will try to contact cic, since i have this same message showing up. I recently linked my application online and submitted Schedule A and PCC. yet receive this message and i was wondering. Thanks so much!!

A quick follow-up. I tried to submit one of the documents they requested last night but they haven't set up the option for me to submit. I 'forced' submission by using their web form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp).

CupofTea

Nov 22, 2017
We have the same message but called earlier this summer and they said not to worry...how did you message them? Through the technical issues option?
Hey - yeah I just used the 'report a technical issue' button on the top of my online account page.

A quick follow-up. I tried to submit one of the documents they requested last night but they haven't set up the option for me to submit. I 'forced' submission by using their web form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp).

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017

Hi just wanna ask if how many years did they give you in your owp?