Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi Mutato,

I will take care of that step next week. I will call RAMQ and Service Canada Centre tomorrow morning to see if I can apply for health insurance card and SIN in case my conditions are CSQ and OWP, not AIP yet. So you are at as same step as me? :D It is good, then we can exchange experience a lot then!
Yes! I have already mailed in my French classes. Have you registered online already?

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
i got CSQ in april...and my AIP was on Aug 23. No i didnt apply yet but i know that you can apply with CSQ and AIP, you might be able to start some french courses with CSQ only double check gov of quebec website
Awe... 4 months to get AIP, it's a pain... Thanks for your reply though.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Yes! I have already mailed in my French classes. Have you registered online already?
Yes, I registered online as well as sent supporting documents (photocopies of CSQ + the 1st letter request from CIC which shows that my application is in a procession) 2 weeks ago, I know it is not enough but I just sent it anyway - it makes me feel like rather send st earlier than wait and wait...

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Yes, I registered online as well as sent supporting documents (photocopies of CSQ + the 1st letter request from CIC which shows that my application is in a procession) 2 weeks ago, I know it is not enough but I just sent it anyway - it makes me feel like rather send st earlier than wait and wait...
It should be. It's written in the checklist anyway. :)

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
It should be. It's written in the checklist anyway. :)
Actually for the Checklist, it just asks for the letter from CIC I guess:
Please note that a supporting document is required in order to process your application for admission to the full-time
French course under the linguistic integration program for immigrants.
You must send us one of the documents below to complete your application for admission to the full-time French course.

• Confirmation of permanent residence (CPR) with two signatures at the bottom of the page
  • Positive notice of decision from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, OR Pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA), issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
  • Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Authorization to submit in Canada an Application for permanent residence, OR Visitor Record, code 17, OR Work Permit, code 27, OR Study Permit, code 37
  • Temporary Resident Permit with codes 86 to 95 only, OR Minister's Permit with the same codes
  • Document regarding the first statutory situation (right to full-time training for naturalized Canadian citizens)
So I chose option 3.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Yes. That's the code written in my OWP. Check yours. :)
Yes, I meant I chose this option "Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Authorization to submit in Canada an Application for permanent residence" that's why I sent the 1st letter request from CIC which shows that my PR application is in a procession. But i'm not sure if that letter works, or I need an AIP to work for this requirement. So I will send my OWP + AOR + SIN when I have them all.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

poko8me

Jun 11, 2017
Yes I did too. Make sure to pay 255 on open work permit. I made a mistake and just paid 100.
Hello I just read this and I checked my receipt. I ended up paying the 100$ for the OPW holder fee. There was another fee we had to pay? Im still waiting for an AOR Is our entire application going to be sent back? How long will this delay our process? I would really appreciate any reply. Thank you!

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hello I just read this and I checked my receipt. I ended up paying the 100$ for the OPW holder fee. There was another fee we had to pay? Im still waiting for an AOR Is our entire application going to be sent back? How long will this delay our process? I would really appreciate any reply. Thank you!
No, it won't be all sent back, your OWP application goes to a different office than your PR one. You should try to call an agent today, I know some people managed to fix the payment of the extra 155$ they had to pay not to get their OWP returned. I'm not sure if you could pay and upload the payment proof via webform, give them a call during this morning.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Your PR application won't be delayed because of this either, don't worry, however, it might delay your OWP approval indeed.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi there,

For the fees, you can check it clearly on Guide 5553 on CIC web site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E6

-> Go to "Paying the fees", you will see:
Application $CAN
Work permit (including extensions) – per person $155
Work permit (including extensions) – group of performing artists (3 or more) $465
Restore your status as a worker - $355
Restore your status ($200) and get a new work permit ($155)
Open work permit holder $100

=> So you have to pay: [Work permit (including extensions) – per person $155] + [Open work permit holder $100] = $255.

Best of luck this time, guy!

LOHITHA

Apr 1, 2017
Hey there,

just a few questions if someone could help shed some light for me.

I am applying for PR with my Canadian wife sponsoring me through the Spousal program (i was on a 2 year work visa). We submitted our application and it was received on Feb 28 2017 (according to my cic account, and shows "date submitted" of March 22?) I received my work permit extension/owp on May 2nd 2017 which has an expiry of 2 years (2019).

I received an email about medical exam on June 28, which i then completed early July and have been declared as "passed the medical exam"

Through out this whole process, my wife has not once received any emails or notifications, as she is the person sponsoring me. I'm not sure why she has not been contacted, when all her info was on the application form..

As of now, November 15, I have not heard anything else since passing my medical exam. Just wondering about other people in a similar situation how long it took to receive more correspondence after the medical exam. And if if is 12 months to process, is that from the date it was received , which in my case was Feb 28, or "date submitted" which was March 22?

Thanks!
Hi,

Even i am in the same boat as you. i submitted my medicals in july and been waiting since. i have not received any response yet. and even my husband who is sponsoring me does not get any emails. all the info is sent to my mail and updated in my linked account.

Reactions: stke4130

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Can someone please tell me how long did it take to receive the OWP by mail since you got the approval email from CIC?

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hi,

Tried to link my application online since Friday but until now, I am still unable to do so. I've tried several combination and also those tricks or tips that worked for most of you. Calling the call center now. Any other suggestions or other tested ways to link online? Thanks in advance

bluephil17

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Everyone, another update for you all:

Application sent: August 14th 2017
Application received: August 16th 2017
AOR: October 1, 2017
OWP Approval (in the online account): Nov 24, 2017

My wife got an email saying there was a MSG in her online account and when we logged on it showed the OWP as approved and we should get the actual letter soon. A huge relief as she can get her health card renewed and just wait patiently for PR. Best wishes to all those waiting and thanks to all those that has always been willing to help and share experiences. I wouldn't have been able to even link my accounts if it wasn't for the help you all provided. Cheers!

Reactions: Coridel