Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
We are October 16th inland applicants we are hoping for AOR second week in december and OWP *crossing our fingers* by February.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Reactions: Mutato_KT

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
SIN is social insurance number
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin.html

Regarding AIP, it takes a while.. for most people, they will get it as last step before getting landing confirmation. For my case i dont get AIP but it was Decision Made (DM) only so i consider it as AIP.

Again regarding previous question.. you can replace AIP with AOR instead..
Alo, which AOR you meant? The 1st one that my sponsor received or?
I just got approval for my OWP, I think I have to wait for 1 week to have it by letter. Then I will ask for SIN.
After that, I will send photocopies of SIN + OWP + 1st AOR to support for my application for my French courses. I follow your recommendation, fingers crossed! :)

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Can somebody post the link to the Immigration time Spreadsheet that everyone's been entering their info into?
I meant to bookmark it last time I had it open

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
how long is security takes..mine started since april!!! and on august got SA and AIP?

Last edited:

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi again, @Trinh,

Have you gotten your RAMQ yet? They seem to be asking for the AIP even if we have the OWP. What's your experience?
Hi Mutato,

I will take care of that step next week. I will call RAMQ and Service Canada Centre tomorrow morning to see if I can apply for health insurance card and SIN in case my conditions are CSQ and OWP, not AIP yet. So you are at as same step as me? :D It is good, then we can exchange experience a lot then!

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
you will need AIP to apply. they wont accept it anything else. you need CSQ and AIP to apply for RAMQ. Once you are there they will tell you when you coverage start. for us it was 2 months waiting time till the insurance got started
How long did it take to get your AIP since you got CSQ? Did you apply for French course? If so, did you need to apply for French course with AIP?

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
How long did it take to get your AIP since you got CSQ? Did you apply for French course? If so, did you need to apply for French course with AIP?
i got CSQ in april...and my AIP was on Aug 23. No i didnt apply yet but i know that you can apply with CSQ and AIP, you might be able to start some french courses with CSQ only double check gov of quebec website