Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I just got off from the phone. Talked to their agent regarding the OWP fee. I explained to her my situation and told her that I only paid 100. She asked me what was my status and when is it expiring coz in some cases it will be sent back however in other cases it wouldn’t. So I told her that I sent my application last October 2017 and they receive my application 2 days before my permit expired. She put me on hold to verify some information regarding my situation. Then she told me that in this case, I am under implied status. She asked me if I paid the right of permanent residence fee and I said yes. Then she told me that the officer will likely to take the 155 from there and will send me an explanation letter regarding the deduction from the right of residency fee and that I need to pay it later on. I asked her if they aren’t really going to send back my owp application and she told me that in this case, since I have no valid permit and just under implied status, sending my application back will make me out of status therefore, the officer would just most probably take it from permanent residence fee. I’ll update this post once I get a response from them. An actual letter of response to my application.

Also I asked them on the AOR month they are sending and she said they are releasing SEPTEMBER 12 as of the latest.

Reactions: ggg07 and marvz21

himakshi

Aug 10, 2015
Hi all,

I have applied for inland on nov 8th. It was delivered the next day, nov 9th. now I am not sure what to expect. Do i get some notification that the application was received ?? ... if yes, then within how many days?

Or when can i expect AOR?

Thanks in advance

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hi all,

I have applied for inland on nov 8th. It was delivered the next day, nov 9th. now I am not sure what to expect. Do i get some notification that the application was received ?? ... if yes, then within how many days?

Thanks in advance

They will not send a notification that they receive your application. The only notification to affirm that they receive it was the tracking number from canada post or the courier you use. For AOR you would most probably be looking at 2months from the date they receive it. Just talked to them minutes ago and they are currently sending AOR for September 12 applicants.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
currently with the processing time based on those posting their timelines here, you will get you AOR in two months. so basically around 2nd week of january you will receive your AOR.

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Hi everyone,
We submitted our PR and OWP on August 24,2017.
Received back full package by registered mail on October 24,2017 with blue check list highlighted one form that was missing (IMM5406).
Completed and mailed back full package with missing form by registered mail November 1,2017.
Does anyone knows:
1. Was everything else already checked, or do they stop checking ones they find that something is missing?
2. Will it take 2 more month till we hear from them again?
3. Everything for OWP was complete, did they send it for processing, or it got paused?
Also, package was sent back on the same day that IRCC updated they forms version (twice this year, in July and October), the signatures on all forms are August 19, 2017, we just sent them back as they were and only added one form that was missing (IMM5406), the date on this form did not change.
I tried calling, but can not get through.
Thank You in advance if anyone has any kind of input on this.

Last edited:

mj054

Oct 12, 2017
When was the latest OWP sent out? If anyone can let me know and also your timeline as well!! Thanks in advance.

Application received Aug.22, 2017
AOR received Oct 10, 2017
Linked account online Oct. 15, 2017
OWP.....?
Have almost a similar timeline to yours, off by a couple of days and yes... still waiting for OWP and my current permit expires Sunday 19th :) living on the edge

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
Have almost a similar timeline to yours, off by a couple of days and yes... still waiting for OWP and my current permit expires Sunday 19th :) living on the edge
Hi, they received my application on July 27 2017, and nothing from both OWP and PR. Man, this is really long waiting game. The visitor status expired September. But the call centre agent said I don't have to worry it since they received my application.

Reactions: Mutato_KT and mj054

mj054

Oct 12, 2017
Hi, they received my application on July 27 2017, and nothing from both OWP and PR. Man, this is really long waiting game. The visitor status expired September. But the call centre agent said I don't have to worry it since they received my application.
It's frustrating having to wait without much to go on in terms of knowing when it will get sorted. For me, all I want is the OWP to make sure I can work while all else gets sorted. The wait thereafter I am willing to be far more flexible with

Reactions: Shannonbella

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Hey there,

just a few questions if someone could help shed some light for me.

I am applying for PR with my Canadian wife sponsoring me through the Spousal program (i was on a 2 year work visa). We submitted our application and it was received on Feb 28 2017 (according to my cic account, and shows "date submitted" of March 22?) I received my work permit extension/owp on May 2nd 2017 which has an expiry of 2 years (2019).

I received an email about medical exam on June 28, which i then completed early July and have been declared as "passed the medical exam"

Through out this whole process, my wife has not once received any emails or notifications, as she is the person sponsoring me. I'm not sure why she has not been contacted, when all her info was on the application form..

As of now, November 15, I have not heard anything else since passing my medical exam. Just wondering about other people in a similar situation how long it took to receive more correspondence after the medical exam. And if if is 12 months to process, is that from the date it was received , which in my case was Feb 28, or "date submitted" which was March 22?

Thanks!

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Im a similar timeline too. Aug 17th Application was received. Am also hanging out for my work permit and want to know when to expect it! PCC and Sched A have been sent off and nothing since. My previous work permit expired Sept 15th. So it's been awhile already of living on the edge for me! Still at work with no problems so far.

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
I'm seeing that a lot of people getting their OWP while waiting for their spousal sponsorship are getting a 2 year permit (or to the expiry of your passport). If your application is denied for whatever reason, are you still able to stay on that work permit until it expires? Or is it void once the application is completed?

Reactions: marvz21

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I'm seeing that a lot of people getting their OWP while waiting for their spousal sponsorship are getting a 2 year permit (or to the expiry of your passport). If your application is denied for whatever reason, are you still able to stay on that work permit until it expires? Or is it void once the application is completed?
if your application for PR is denied i believe yup you can stay until the validity of your work permit. if it’s approved, you can throw your work permit and go work wherever you want to work. (but wait until you get your PR card). you will basically have the same rights as canadian citizens except the right to vote.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I have a few questions about the schedule A:
we are inland..
1. how much detail do we need to go into with regards to personal history. we have gone on a few two weeks vacations as well as a few 5 day trips in the USA in the past 10 years. Do we need to include these vacations?
2. during university I would go home for summer/winter vacation to stay with my parents. should I include these as well in my addresses? I was always registered as a student.
3. I previously applied for provincial nomination through an agent, I never got the provincial nomination (quite honestly she was useless and I don't know what happened) I cancelled the money order and got my money back - does that mean I have to answer yes to 4d?

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi, I'm also March Applicant , my ECAS says that they are checking my background check since Oct 2017, because of the delay that i NEVER got an email from them for sending PCC or Schedule A, i decided to send them by myself without their request, huhu :( . And Eligibility said "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing you eligibility".. Do you have the same timeline ?
Hi,

Review of eligibility "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Reactions: Noslord2003