+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Thanks for this. I was able to get hold of them and inquired about my application. The agent said that they're working on sept 12 applications.

Re the missing or lack of payment for the OWP, they will deduct it from the Right of PErmanent Residence Fee instead of returning the application. In my case i paid 1040 that includes Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Will just wait til i receive AOR from them. Getting impatient here. Hope everything will go well.
Woow! I wish to have the same luck with my OWP
I only paid 100 by mistake :(
Did they give you specific information about your application without having received AOR?

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Thanks for this. I was able to get hold of them and inquired about my application. The agent said that they're working on sept 12 applications.

Re the missing or lack of payment for the OWP, they will deduct it from the Right of PErmanent Residence Fee instead of returning the application. In my case i paid 1040 that includes Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Will just wait til i receive AOR from them. Getting impatient here. Hope everything will go well.
Mine was r

My OWP application was returned for not paying $255, I only paid $155. I paid the $1040 and they didn’t take it out of that. From what I understand it’s up to the person processing it if they want to deduct it or send the OWP application back. I received AOR on 9-22 and my OWP application was returned 10-13.

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
hi! i submitted my application in march and i am also done with my medicals in july. but not heard anything since then!!
However when i received request for pcc i submitted only pcc of my home country and did not submit the pcc for US where i did my masters for 2yrs. would that be delaying my background check?
Hi,

I think the answer is YES, you should submit PCC from US now as soon as possible...

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Im a July 14 2017 Applicant and haven't received my OWP yet, 4 long months today so I'm expecting something in mail the next week or so.
That is so disheartening! Really hope they can push a few out quickly, that is such a long wait time. We are Sep 5 2017 applicant and really needing my husband to be approved to work :(

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Mine was r

My OWP application was returned for not paying $255, I only paid $155. I paid the $1040 and they didn’t take it out of that. From what I understand it’s up to the person processing it if they want to deduct it or send the OWP application back. I received AOR on 9-22 and my OWP application was returned 10-13.
I had the same problem. App sent Sep 5, returned Nov 6 due to not paying the $155. Really wish they would just send an email asking for payment, it's such a simple thing. Or have the two fees combined, why are they even separate? I've seen so many people having this same issue. Very considerate of the officers who deduct from the PR fee for later payment instead of putting the whole process on hold like what is happening to us :(

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
@Trinh
Option #2 CSQ+letter+form
Thank you so much!

I have a problem. For Police certificate and Schedule A, I could upload successfully, and after I signed online signature, it showed that my file is "Replacement Provided". But for CSQ, after I uploaded, I CANNOT sign online, and the status of uploaded file is "Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC"
-> Do you have this problem?

What is your status now? Have you gotten Medical request yet?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Thank you so much!

I have a problem. For Police certificate and Schedule A, I could upload successfully, and after I signed online signature, it showed that my file is "Replacement Provided". But for CSQ, after I uploaded, I CANNOT sign online, and the status of uploaded file is "Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC"
-> Do you have this problem?

What is your status now? Have you gotten Medical request yet?
You need to click the blue 'Next' button on the bottom right, then proceed to sign and submit to IRCC

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
That is so disheartening! Really hope they can push a few out quickly, that is such a long wait time. We are Sep 5 2017 applicant and really needing my husband to be approved to work :(
Yeah it is a little annoying for me, we really don't know why its taking this long o_O a lot of people on the spreadsheet have had theres within 2-3 months or even 2-3 weeks after they submitted there Schedule A form, so maybe I'm just unlucky. CIC say they can't do anything until it has exceeded they 4 months processing time to look into it. I've made a few phone calls to look into my status so its a Waiting Game!!!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Yeah it is a little annoying for me, we really don't know why its taking this long o_O a lot of people on the spreadsheet have had theres within 2-3 months or even 2-3 weeks after they submitted there Schedule A form, so maybe I'm just unlucky. CIC say they can't do anything until it has exceeded they 4 months processing time to look into it. I've made a few phone calls to look into my status so its a Waiting Game!!!
Wishing you all the best! Shouldn't be much longer now

Reactions: Damian83

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
You need to click the blue 'Next' button on the bottom right, then proceed to sign and submit to IRCC
I know, for the other files, there was a "Next" button, and after that is online signification part. But this time, no "Next" button for me, there is only "Return to your documents" to click on!

-----

UPDATES: Ohhhh, I remember now, after clicked on "Return your documents" -> There is a "Next" button for me hehe. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeAgain17

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I have heard about CHECKLIST, what is that? Will I receive it after or before a required Medical exam? Can someone please explain to me?

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Mine was r

Woow! I wish to have the same luck with my OWP
I only paid 100 by mistake :(
Did they give you specific information about your application without having received AOR?
I had the same problem. App sent Sep 5, returned Nov 6 due to not paying the $155. Really wish they would just send an email asking for payment, it's such a simple thing. Or have the two fees combined, why are they even separate? I've seen so many people having this same issue. Very considerate of the officers who deduct from the PR fee for later payment instead of putting the whole process on hold like what is happening to us :(
Their call center agents should be consistent with the info that they give to the applicants. When i spoke to the agent she said it with confidence that they will just deduct from the PR fee. But looks like there's a big chance that my OWP app will be returned after reading this.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Their call center agents should be consistent with the info that they give to the applicants. When i spoke to the agent she said it with confidence that they will just deduct from the PR fee. But looks like there's a big chance that my OWP app will be returned after reading this.

I’m gonna be on the same boat as you. Sad part is my permit already expired by this time. I guess I have to send an explanation letter too once I resend my owp again. I hope they fix this or really put it into one payment option and not separate. It was really confusing when I paid it before.

Last edited:

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I have heard about CHECKLIST, what is that? Will I receive it after or before a required Medical exam? Can someone please explain to me?
Checklist is a document/form that you add for every application (OWP and PR, both of them have different checklists). I don't think you receive a checklist. If anything you are the one who is supposed to provide it in your application. The only thing you might receive is a Request Letter which states what other documents are needed from you.

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
Hello all!

We applied inland end of August, got our AOR in October, schedule A sent. Still waiting for OWP?! not sure how long that is going to take. I am a US citizen and wanted to travel to the US for about 1 week to visit family. Is it OK to do without OWP in hand? my lawyer discouraged us from doing so until at least OWP...but it is unclear why?.... I am living here under "visitor"... as clearly US citizen can do so for 6 months at a time.... and have my AOR already.

Any input is appreciated.