Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hey there,

just a few questions if someone could help shed some light for me.

I am applying for PR with my Canadian wife sponsoring me through the Spousal program (i was on a 2 year work visa). We submitted our application and it was received on Feb 28 2017 (according to my cic account, and shows "date submitted" of March 22?) I received my work permit extension/owp on May 2nd 2017 which has an expiry of 2 years (2019).

I received an email about medical exam on June 28, which i then completed early July and have been declared as "passed the medical exam"

Through out this whole process, my wife has not once received any emails or notifications, as she is the person sponsoring me. I'm not sure why she has not been contacted, when all her info was on the application form..

As of now, November 15, I have not heard anything else since passing my medical exam. Just wondering about other people in a similar situation how long it took to receive more correspondence after the medical exam. And if if is 12 months to process, is that from the date it was received , which in my case was Feb 28, or "date submitted" which was March 22?

Thanks!

This is a very interesting question, @stke4130. I hope someone can address the question if it is from date it was received, or from when it was processed. Hope someone can shed light.

Reactions: stke4130

Dimstereo

Jun 3, 2017
Victoria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal (Inland)
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Interview........
12-19-2017
Hey there,

I am applying for PR with my Canadian wife sponsoring me through the Spousal program (i was on a 2 year work visa). We submitted our application and it was received on Feb 28 2017 (according to my cic account, and shows "date submitted" of March 22?) I received my work permit extension/owp on May 2nd 2017 which has an expiry of 2 years (2019).

I received an email about medical exam on June 28, which i then completed early July and have been declared as "passed the medical exam"

Through out this whole process, my wife has not once received any emails or notifications, as she is the person sponsoring me. I'm not sure why she has not been contacted, when all her info was on the application form..

As of now, November 15, I have not heard anything else since passing my medical exam. Just wondering about other people in a similar situation how long it took to receive more correspondence after the medical exam. And if if is 12 months to process, is that from the date it was received , which in my case was Feb 28, or "date submitted" which was March 22?

Thanks!
We have almost an identical timeline, we're also waiting to get an update on the background check. Haven't heard anything since the status of the medical changed to passed. Hopefully it will happen this year although we could be waiting until March. Finger crossed and good luck.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
We have almost an identical timeline, we're also waiting to get an update on the background check. Haven't heard anything since the status of the medical changed to passed. Hopefully it will happen this year although we could be waiting until March. Finger crossed and good luck.
Same here.. I am March Applicant

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Checklist is a document/form that you add for every application (OWP and PR, both of them have different checklists). I don't think you receive a checklist. If anything you are the one who is supposed to provide it in your application. The only thing you might receive is a Request Letter which states what other documents are needed from you.
Thank you for your reply, but I was confused.

For each application (PR and Open work permit), I filled different checklists and sent them with the applications. But you told me that "I don't think you receive a checklist", so when will I receive it? I mean after which step?

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hi everyone, Just clarify something real quick....My wife doesn't remember the month and day she became a Canadian citizen, although she remembers the year..... as she was very little when her family moved here. Is this gonna be a red flag? I'm worried.

You have to request information. It’s called ATIP. My husband sign up for it and paid. After a month they will let you know what they have retrieved from their archived.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
IN THE CHECK LIST THERE IS THIS ISSUE :

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:
. Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal
applicant; (Minimum 1 document).
. Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone); (Minimum 1 document).[/b][/b]
. Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification
documents: driver's licenses, insurance policies, etc.
. Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
insurance benefits). (Minimum 1 document).[/b]
. Documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters, social media information showing a
public relationship, etc.)

i just have Documentary evidence of financial support between MY WIFE and ME.
. I AHVE EMAILS FROM MY SISTER IN EGYPT , AND I social media information showing a
public relationship,
i dont HAVE Proof of joint utilities accounts or Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements.

IS THIS ENOUGH ???

If you don’t have then you need to get one by applying for it. Say for joint utility- you can have the wifi/cable billed to the both of you, the gas bill to be billed to both of you. For joint account you have to open one. Try to gather as much as evidence as possible. If you are renting ask your landlord for a letter and provide copy of your lease.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @KandyK ,

Still waiting . Nothing has changed for Review of eligibility "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Thanks
Same here. I am the same timeline as you, the difference being background check did not start until late October.

Reactions: Sheraton_k and EGH

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hello all!

We applied inland end of August, got our AOR in October, schedule A sent. Still waiting for OWP?! not sure how long that is going to take. I am a US citizen and wanted to travel to the US for about 1 week to visit family. Is it OK to do without OWP in hand? my lawyer discouraged us from doing so until at least OWP...but it is unclear why?.... I am living here under "visitor"... as clearly US citizen can do so for 6 months at a time.... and have my AOR already.

Any input is appreciated.
@acac999
Well im not US citizen but what i read in the forum in this site.. some people can go back and fort without any issue since US citizen having excempt visa to Canada but again its depent on CBSA officer in the border. Good luck

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hey there,

Thanks!
@stke4130
Its 12 months from AOR date.
In my case yes like tht scenario.. some people luckier getting PR earlier than that..
If you passed the medical means you will touch final phase.. so you may get SA (sponsor approval) and DM (decision made) soon.
Anyway your case processing still in a range.. expected 12months till Feb 2018
Keep hoping the best..

Reactions: EGH and stke4130

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
@stke4130
Its 12 months from AOR date.
In my case yes like tht scenario.. some people luckier getting PR earlier than that..
If you passed the medical means you will touch final phase.. so you may get SA (sponsor approval) and DM (decision made) soon.
Anyway your case processing still in a range.. expected 12months till Feb 2018
Keep hoping the best..
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Just to clarify, what does AOR mean...?

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hey everyone quick question,
We sent our application in on October 25th and it was received on October 26th, I know the general wait time for the OWP seems to be around 4 to 6 months from what I have gathered. But I am living in Montreal and I know that I will need a CSQ since I am in Quebec. From my understanding, I will have to send out the application for CSQ only after I receive my AOR ( or sponsorship approval?). What I'm wondering is if this will delay the time it takes for me to get my OWP or can I receive the OWP without having a CSQ yet?
Thanks!

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Thank you for your reply, but I was confused.

For each application (PR and Open work permit), I filled different checklists and sent them with the applications. But you told me that "I don't think you receive a checklist", so when will I receive it? I mean after which step?
I said it because I have never heard or seen that anyone would receive a checklist from IRCC. Therefore, I think you do not receive a checklist. After your application has been sent, you will receive AOR in 1-2 months. Later on you will be getting request letters to provide other documents/information. That's all you receive.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Thanks for the positive thoughts! Just to clarify, what does AOR mean...?
AOR = Acknowledgment of receipt - " We do not send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it is complete "

After you receive it you will get your application number and you will be able to link it in your CIC account. That would allow you to check online status of your application and receive messages.

Reactions: stke4130