Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
Do we need to submit police certificates for country of birth AND canada?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Do we need to submit police certificates for country of birth AND canada?
i think it's better if you provide both with your app. most are still asked for police certs later on.

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, this is written in the cic homepage: You may see an incorrect application status asking for additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do.

so unless you have an actual message from them sending you instructions, it's a glitch. don't worry, a lot of us have been victim to the glitch. nothing to worry about.
Thank you so much for your reply.
That is such relieving to hear!!

Last edited:

jacobts

Jun 13, 2017
For all those wondering, I eventually managed to link my OWP to my CIC account using what was initially suggested. I tried the suggestions of how to link it two days in a row and for whatever reason it worked on the second day.

Next question:
Is the receiving of my OWP dependant on reaching a certain milestone within the Spousal PR process?

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
hi aacon, this link might be of use to you. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eta-email-although-i-didnt-apply-for-one.494149/
it just basically says eta will be automatically issued if you are from a visa exempt country when your owp is approved. my owp took a week before i received it in the mail. at least you know you already have an owp coming.
Thank you, itsats.

The thing is I have linked my OWP app to my CIC account and
it says "The additional documents you provided have been updated",
which I assume Sche A and PCC that I have submitted, because
those are only documents I have submitted additionally.

I believe it's coming shortly but if I don't get it by the end of month,
I'll call CIC again.

Thanks again!

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Hi there!

Yup! i submitted a Canadian one and an Australian one to them :)
They require police checks from Countries where you have lived for more then 6 months.
No, they do not require Canadian. I been living here for over a year and a half. The agent told me Canada does there own checks.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thank you, itsats.

The thing is I have linked my OWP app to my CIC account and
it says "The additional documents you provided have been updated",
which I assume Sche A and PCC that I have submitted, because
those are only documents I have submitted additionally.

I believe it's coming shortly but if I don't get it by the end of month,
I'll call CIC again.

Thanks again!
you should be able to see online if your owp was approved though. if it's already approved, then for sure they have sent out the owp via mail by now. if it's still in process, then you might have to wait days or a few weeks more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aacon

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi!

Thanks for the response!
I did end up receiving the med request last week actually! But now i am having a hard time picking which place i want to go too.

How did yours go?
Did you have to go to two diff places for the diff exams for example one place for the 'check up' and one place for xrays and so on?

I had booked with a place this weekend and then they tell me that they dont do all the tests at the place and would have to go elsewhere for them with extra charges and they wanted to charge $225!! for what!!!!??? So now i have to shop around and find a place that has everything in the same place... and theres not many places in Calgary that do this to begin with that is close to my house.
Just a quick question, my cic account is currently showing medical passed and I didn't submit any medical neither have I received the request for medical except for the system glitch that happened like a week or 2 ago. I currently have similar timeline as my app was submitted Feb 13 and received Feb 17. I don't know if your account is showing medical passed or

Reactions: Emily89

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
it's too early for any 2017 inland applicant to have aip. although if you look at the spreadsheet, there are already a few who got it. i believe it depends on each case. aip is one of the last steps.

depending on your province, you can get provincial health insurance once PA has owp. i'm from alberta and i renewed my alberta health card when i got my owp. people from ontario need to have a job letter that states full-time employment of more than 6 months to be eligible for ohip. i'm not 100% sure, if anybody can confirm this?
You're right, in Ontario you can get the OHIP with a employment letter. We are "working" on find a work for her, but this is really odd, they have give US the OWP, approved the PA, they will eventually approve the sponsor, but the PA still NOT Approved in Principle? Checking the spreadsheet makes it obvious that AIP is actually AFSCYAPR (Approved For Sure Congratulations You Are a Permanent Resident)

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
For all those wondering, I eventually managed to link my OWP to my CIC account using what was initially suggested. I tried the suggestions of how to link it two days in a row and for whatever reason it worked on the second day.

Next question:
Is the receiving of my OWP dependant on reaching a certain milestone within the Spousal PR process?

I wish, but in fact I don't think this represent any milestone in the PR process. For us they have approved and sent the OWP before we had the chance to provide the SchA and PCC.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Just a quick question, my cic account is currently showing medical passed and I didn't submit any medical neither have I received the request for medical except for the system glitch that happened like a week or 2 ago. I currently have similar timeline as my app was submitted Feb 13 and received Feb 17. I don't know if your account is showing medical passed or
Have you guys done medical less than 1 year ago for another process? This might explain.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hi, I'm an April applicant.
I'm super confused and worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit any required documents which could lead to a rejection.
I would call CIC right away and ask what is going on. Lots of people here had the same issue when requested for the SchA and PCC, Only the call center can tell you exactly what documents they are requesting at this time.