+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Given that Schedule A & PCC request was received the same day as AOR in MyCIC account and that both were uploaded the same day successfully, how long does it take for Background Check to go from "Not applicable" to "In Process"?

Reactions: Aimor27

Sarah Taylor

Jun 14, 2017
I had the exact same issue as you! It's an issue only in the newest version (JUNE 2017) [06-2017] of the form. This is what I noticed:
When you fill in the form for the first time and you validate, it validates successfully and the box changes to Yes. And then you save it, it stays as Yes. BUT if you close it and open it after saving, it says No, and if you click validate again, despite saying validation successful, it stays at No and never changes to Yes.

What I did was, I filled it out, validated it, it said Yes, I saved it and just uploaded it without opening. I'm hoping that will be okay. The thing is, if it isn't validated properly, it shows red boxes around the errors, and actually doesn't let you save anyway. So the fact that your submission shows no red boxes means it's validated, hopefully that should be enough for IRCC. Since there's no barcodes, it's not too big of a deal. Fingers crossed when they open it it says Yes.

So far they haven't rejected it. I'm May 16 too, I uploaded it on June 12 (same day I got AOR). Background check still says Not applicable on my MyCIC account but if it changes to in process that means they accepted it and there's no issue. I'd love to bring this to their attention though.
Thank you very much shazahsan! I'm still waiting for my Canadian PCC now. I am wondering should I upload schedule A now or should I wait until my Canadian PCC arrive and then upload everything together... Do you have any ideas about this?
Thank you for your help again :)

Sarah Taylor

Jun 14, 2017
Seems shazahsan answered your question as well, hope yours go through well!

Yes, I mailed to the same address as we sent applications, both of Canadian PCC and one from my home country as required on June 2nd.
Still no change on my CIC account status though. I'll wait and see for now...
Thank you very much Aacon! I am waiting for my Canadian PCC now... just wait and see :)

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Thank you very much shazahsan! I'm still waiting for my Canadian PCC now. I am wondering should I upload schedule A now or should I wait until my Canadian PCC arrive and then upload everything together... Do you have any ideas about this?
Thank you for your help again :)
When did you get your fingerprinting done? RCMP PCC usually arrives within a week. You have to submit both documents at the same time I believe, so even if you upload Schedule A now, it'll stay there in the upload saying "uploaded, not submitted to IRCC" and won't get submitted until you upload PCC and then submit both. So I guess you could wait.

Sarah Taylor

Jun 14, 2017
When did you get your fingerprinting done? RCMP PCC usually arrives within a week. You have to submit both documents at the same time I believe, so even if you upload Schedule A now, it'll stay there in the upload saying "uploaded, not submitted to IRCC" and won't get submitted until you upload PCC and then submit both. So I guess you could wait.
Thank you so much for your reply Shazahsan! I did fingerprinting on june 13 and it should arrive in one or two weeks. So i will just wait and submit them together. :)

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Given that Schedule A & PCC request was received the same day as AOR in MyCIC account and that both were uploaded the same day successfully, how long does it take for Background Check to go from "Not applicable" to "In Process"?
In My Case:
App received - March 15
AOR - March 23
Schedule A & PC sent April 10 via web .
Schedule A & PC received by CiC May 19 ( confirmed by email)
June 14 -my CIC was updated " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Have a good day!

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
under new law...3/5 and half day count for pre PR....if for example, got the PR on June (eligible to get 1 full year for pre PR), so requires 2 years more stay...so..should stay enough on June two years later...but how about the tax filings? in this case, only got two years tax bill.....should need to wait half more year to get total three years bill or can apply with 2 years tax bill? Thanks

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
under new law...3/5 and half day count for pre PR....if for example, got the PR on June (eligible to get 1 full year for pre PR), so requires 2 years more stay...so..should stay enough on June two years later...but how about the tax filings? in this case, only got two years tax bill.....should need to wait half more year to get total three years bill or can apply with 2 years tax bill? Thanks
It has nothing to do with your taxes. You could be working on a work permit and not having PR and still would be filing taxes, that time is still considered to be the Pre-PR (with 365 days cap).
Once PR received (eg. Jun 1, 2017) count +2 years and then apply for Citizenship (eg. Jun 1, 2019).

khaty

Jun 16, 2017
Hi my husband just submitted my requirements last month 23 May. Any idea what's the next step? how long would it takes to received an reply from them?

maserati_elva

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi guys

Here is my Inland process

App received - March 15
AOR - March 23
Schedule A & PC sent April 10 via web .
Schedule A & PC received by CiC May 19 ( confirmed by email)
Today my CIC was updated " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
I did not apply for work permit

Good luck!!!!!
Have you received the medical request yet?

Aimor27

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
Doc's Request.
Included PCC in application package ; requested Schedule A dated June 9,2017
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
It has nothing to do with your taxes. You could be working on a work permit and not having PR and still would be filing taxes, that time is still considered to be the Pre-PR (with 365 days cap).
Once PR received (eg. Jun 1, 2017) count +2 years and then apply for Citizenship (eg. Jun 1, 2019).
Did the new law in citizenship requirements approved already? When it will take effect? Thanks

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Applied Feb 10th. Still haven't gotten it yet =(
Were you able to link your OWP to your online account? If so please explain how if you remember I can't seem to be doing it right apparently.... also I wish I knew the answer to your question as I just finished my medical on Wednesday. Wish you the best of luck, all the way from Québec.