+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Black Beauty

Jun 14, 2017
I sent it to the same address I sent my application to. Yes I sent a cover note with my name application and UCI number and a explanation as to why I was sending it so late.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
@Jiro and others: I am a bit confused! After uploading SchA and PCC, do I also have to post them???

We did both to be on the safe side. Since we never got the original request for documents, we uploaded by CSE webform and posted hardcopies by mail. We actually got certified copies done by a lawyer to send with the Sch A in the mail since we wanted to hold onto the originals in case something happens with delivery.

1 month later, we get an email saying everything was fine and the agent on our file has everything on record. MyCIC also updated to show that the background check is in progress and that the all the files uploaded have been saved to our record. Which files they used (hard copies or webform upload) doesnt matter to us. So long as they got them.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi, i just wanted to give an update on my app. my status for medical changed to passed today. i received my owp on april and i did the upfront medical exam on may 10 under the status "worker" because i sent another owp application to remove a condition. today it shows medical passed in my pr app but not on my owp app. i do have a non-accompanying dependant who i know will be needing a medical exam as well so i'm just waiting for further instructions now.

Last edited:

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi guys

Here is my Inland process

App received - March 15
AOR - March 23
Schedule A & PC sent April 10 via web .
Schedule A & PC received by CiC May 19 ( confirmed by email)
Today my CIC was updated " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
I did not apply for work permit

Good luck!!!!!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
hello
my application has been returned today, they said i miss some of this documents
shared ownership of residential property
joint leases or rental agreements
bills for shared utility accounts, such as:
gas
electricity
telephone
joint utility accounts
important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as:
driver’s licenses
insurance policies

we dont have joint leases or rental agreements, can we make mobile phone joint together???
and apply a joint bank as well
and i want to know how long i need to make insurance policies
please , i want the help
all repsect and appreciation n advance

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
So our myCIC account finally shows that our file has moved to the background check phase! The SchA and PCC have been uploaded and the background check is in process! It only took a month from us uploading the documents via CSE webform and mailing a set of originals via courier to get to this stage.

Now is the one month-ish (?) before they ask for medicals. Although it seems this can be within a matter of days from some others' experience on the spreadsheet.
My background check started April 27 and still in process.....no updates yet! 49 days so far

Black Beauty

Jun 14, 2017
Hi question....

What address did you send you original Schedule A's and PCC too? Did you put a cover sheet or anything to say what it was you were sending? or just the requested documents?

Thanks!
Sorry about that Emily89, it's my first time posting so I didn't understand how to reply, I did under a different post

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
My background check started April 27 and still in process.....no updates yet! 49 days so far
Same here! I have a feeling it happens in waves here... So once one of us passes this stage - others hopefully will as well :rolleyes:

Reactions: tctt and KandyK

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
hello
my application has been returned today, they said i miss some of this documents
shared ownership of residential property
joint leases or rental agreements
bills for shared utility accounts, such as:
gas
electricity
telephone
joint utility accounts
important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as:
driver’s licenses
insurance policies

we dont have joint leases or rental agreements, can we make mobile phone joint together???
and apply a joint bank as well
and i want to know how long i need to make insurance policies
please , i want the help
all repsect and appreciation n advance
Are you guys living together? If yes, you need to provide at least two of the listed documents. They recently updated the document checklist to make it clearer, so take a look:

Do you both have drivers licences? The easiest one is to go to ServiceOntario (or whatever the regulatory authority is in your province) and get both your addresses to be the same, and then include that.

I urge you to read the new checklist again carefully and double check to make sure you have included all that is required. It is very easy to follow with yes/no questions that when you answer, will tel you exactly what you need. If you don't have something, and really cannot try your best to provide an alternative, then you must provide an explanation as the guide says. Sending an incomplete application hoping they'll let you off for missing a document or two will not work and is frankly a waste of time.

Link to checklist: Click here

Last edited:

Sarah Taylor

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all, i am an inland applicant too. Mine was received on 16 May and i received the schedule A and PCC request on 13, June after i linked my account online. I met an issue of Schedule A, which is after i validated the form (2017-06 Version), it showed validate Yes, then i saved it. But when i reopened this form, it showed validate No. I tried different computers and versions of adobe, still has this problem. So i want to ask anybody has this problem too? how do you solve it?
And, do i need to submit a Canadian PCC as well?

Thank you very much.

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
Hi all, i am an inland applicant too. Mine was received on 16 May and i received the schedule A and PCC request on 13, June after i linked my account online. I met an issue of Schedule A, which is after i validated the form (2017-06 Version), it showed validate Yes, then i saved it. But when i reopened this form, it showed validate No. I tried different computers and versions of adobe, still has this problem. So i want to ask anybody has this problem too? how do you solve it?
And, do i need to submit a Canadian PCC as well?

Thank you very much.
I had the same issue!
Well in my case, I even couldn't validate it at all.
I called CIC, they didn't know why so told me to send the technical issues web form attaching the schedule A.
I did it, got a respond it after 2 weeks, saying they accepted schedule A.
Also I sent my PCC by mail.

Hope it helps!

Sarah Taylor

Jun 14, 2017
I had the same issue!
Well in my case, I even couldn't validate it at all.
I called CIC, they didn't know why so told me to send the technical issues web form attaching the schedule A.
I did it, got a respond it after 2 weeks, saying they accepted schedule A.
Also I sent my PCC by mail.

Hope it helps!
Thank you very much Aacon! i may do the same way as you did too. :)
By the way, did you mail your Canadian PCC ?

bluephil17

Jun 15, 2017
Hi everyone, Thanks for all who has been actively helping in these forums as its already helped me a lot reading through the threads (and saved me $ as i'm going to be doing applications myself).

I recently got married (last week) and have applied to get my marriage certificate to start the PR application for my wife. I am a Canadian citizen whereas my wife was an international student (from China) working via the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). Her work permit expires in August of this year.

My initial thought was to submit her PR application with an open work permit request but is there anything I should be aware of or can "extend" her PGWPP that will allow her to work continuously while we wait for PR?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time