+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Hello all,

Have a few questions regarding the inland app, that seems to be a headache!!
1. My husband is a Canadian citizen, I am from Peru. We met working on cruise ships and lived together, or the same room, for 9 years. When we our contract was over, after 6 or 8 months onboard, he would come to Canada and I'd go to Peru to see our parents and families. Vacation time was 4 to 6 weeks each vacations, and we did visited each other a few times. When was time to come back to the ships, we of course, would live together again.
We got married a year ago but we are living in Edmonton for about 2 and 1/2 moths now.
We do not have any lease or insurance benefits documents. But WE DO HAVE Linked bank accounts and a rent contract and he added me as beneficiary on his Health Care from his work place.

My question are the following:
1. if I am living with my sponsor in Canada, should I apply for Spouse or Common law Partner in Canada Class or under Family class living in Canada?

2. should we also add LETTERS FROM FRIENDS, that we have from the cruise ships, as supporting documents? knowing the above and knowing that document checklist does not really ask for such as things?
3. Do we attach original copy of our Marriage Certificate or just a photocopy?

Thank you for your help and time!
Best of luck to all!

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
My question are the following:
1. if I am living with my sponsor in Canada, should I apply for Spouse or Common law Partner in Canada Class or under Family class living in Canada?
2. should we also add LETTERS FROM FRIENDS, that we have from the cruise ships, as supporting documents? knowing the above and knowing that document checklist does not really ask for such as things?
3. Do we attach original copy of our Marriage Certificate or just a photocopy?
Thank you for your help and time!
Best of luck to all!
1. It depends, if you want to able to leave Canada whenever you want during your application processing, then you should chose to apply Outland; if you're not going to leave Canada in the near future (within next 12 month) and planning on working in Canada while you're waiting for PR, then apply Inland and attach Oper Work Permit application to your Sponsorship application.

2. The Guide and Document Checklist are pretty much self-explanatory.

3. If you got married in Canada - provide photocopies:

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
HELLO everyone! I have a question regarding wit my husbands status here in Canada.. he is visitor ATM, we already apply for inland spouse sponsorship and OWP. my question is that, I wanted to extend his visitor visa, should I apply online or paper? his stay will expired on august 4, do you guys think we will received the decision before that date? thankyou. I'm kind of stressed out

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
That's it. For OWP, it really is very simple. We submitted in March and it was three or four pages long but only two small sections were applicable to us. Looking at the forms it is dated April 2017. They have simplified it even more to be only two pages!
Thank you very much

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
Hi guys please help

On the 'RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION AND SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION' IMM5532 form any question that is not applicable to me do I put N/A in the text box or just leave it blank?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
HELLO everyone! I have a question regarding wit my husbands status here in Canada.. he is visitor ATM, we already apply for inland spouse sponsorship and OWP. my question is that, I wanted to extend his visitor visa, should I apply online or paper? his stay will expired on august 4, do you guys think we will received the decision before that date? thankyou. I'm kind of stressed out
Worry not :D
Having applied for OWP (along with PR) will grant him "implied" status.
Please, see reference --->
Temporary residents: Inland applications for permanent residence and temporary resident status extension

Reactions: sylvain1

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi guys please help

On the 'RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION AND SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION' IMM5532 form any question that is not applicable to me do I put N/A in the text box or just leave it blank?
Always enter N/A!!! Otherwise they will think that you've never read it and just forgot to enter the data which subsequently lead to your application being returned.

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
1. It depends, if you want to able to leave Canada whenever you want during your application processing, then you should chose to apply Outland; if you're not going to leave Canada in the near future (within next 12 month) and planning on working in Canada while you're waiting for PR, then apply Inland and attach Oper Work Permit application to your Sponsorship application.

2. The Guide and Document Checklist are pretty much self-explanatory.

3. If you got married in Canada - provide photocopies:
Hi ZhabaHulk,
Thank u so much for the answer. and where do I find "this" hole checklist, cuz this is not IMM5533E
Thank you!

Yeah is pretty clear in there! How do I join the whatsapp group?
2017 Inland Spreadsheet
Electronic Client Application Status (ECAS)
IRCC Webform

***JOIN ----> What's App 2017 Inland Applications Support Group
****NEW! ---> Citizenship Calculator under Bill C-6
IRCC Call Centre - 1-888-242-2100

sponklonks

Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Any in-land applications from Quebec?
hi,

I'm a new member but I saw your post while browsing...
does in-land application means the sponsor lives in Quebec/Canada? :)
My husband lives in Quebec and we are prepping the requirements for my sponsorship.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi,

I'm a new member but I saw your post while browsing...
does in-land application means the sponsor lives in Quebec/Canada? :)
My husband lives in Quebec and we are prepping the requirements for my sponsorship.
@sponklonks it means sponsor and sponsored person(s) are both living in canada and are applying from inside canada. outland sponsorships are applications submitted outside canada. sponsored persons already in canada can opt for inland or outland route. outland route is faster but if it requires an interview, that person will have to go back his/her home country to attend while for inland, you have the advantage of submitting an owp app with your pr app.

Last edited:

sponklonks

Jun 18, 2017
@sponklonks it means sponsor and sponsored person(s) are both living in canada and are applying from inside canada. outland sponsorships are applications submitted outside canada. sponsored persons already in canada can opt for inland or outland route. outland route is faster but if it requires an interview, that person will have to go back his/her home country to attend while for inland, you have the advantage of submitting an owp app with your pr app.
thanks so much for clarfying @itsats :)

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello All,

Here is my timeline

App received 21 Dec 2016
AOR received 20 Jan 2017
They start processing my application Jan 19 2017
Schedule A and PCC was uploaded through IRCC web form on Feb 8th 2017
Letter to apply for CSQ from Gov of quebec Feb 28th 2017
CSQ issued April 7th and received a mail on April 11th 2017
I noticed Background status changed Mid april on myCic

Now my cic says
They are processing my Background check
They will inform me of when they will start my eligibility check
we need more information (of course there is no msg but i assume that was the schedule A and PCC from the first time)

and that's it

any idea of how long it will take?
Background check been there for almost 2 months and 1 week

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
I've always thought that the eligibility and background checks happen simultaneously? Have you called IRCC for an update?

edit: my mistake. I just looked at our file. It is showing that background check is in progress and haven't started eligibility review. Not sure what is the difference between the two but I guess there is...