+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
Hey guys,

My wife got the following update, we applied June 6th. Wondering if this is AIP or what. On myCIC account the status has changed "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." On ecas, no change whatsoever.

Dear ----- ---- ------:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Congratulations ! this is AIP, may i ask what province are you in?

Reactions: rzubarev

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys,

My wife got the following update, we applied June 6th. Wondering if this is AIP or what. On myCIC account the status has changed "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." On ecas, no change whatsoever.

Dear ----- ---- ------:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
Congrats. This the AIP
Can u share ur timeline , please

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hey guys,

Dear ----- ---- ------:
. Please note that
Congratulations! Am June 14, am looking forward to receiving AIP too , SA, DM and landing inteview

Reactions: gabrielasqs

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Congrats. This the AIP
Can u share ur timeline , please
- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand).
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.
- 20th Nov : Background status changed to "We are processing your background check"
- 16th, 19th, 29th Mar, 6th Apr: Request for medical, did medical, medical sent, Medical passed according to myCIC
- 17th May : AIP

Reactions: Amsadek4u

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.
- 20th Nov : Background status changed to "We are processing your background check"
- 16th, 19th, 29th Mar, 6th Apr: Request for medical, did medical, medical sent, Medical passed according to myCIC
You will get DM really soon

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I'm Oct 5th 2017 my Ecas says in process for PA and Sponsor .
Hi @Krysia
Does your ecas changed to in process for both SA and PA together??(at same time)
Just asking because mine SA side showing in process but PA is just file received.
Thanks in advance

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Congrats!

Just to confirm, you didn't see/hear any changes (both sides in process on ECAS, etc.) after medical passed?

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Hi, I’m a March 2017 applicant, already landed, but I wanted to know if you’ve checked your status in ECAS. I never recieved any more correspondence from IRCC after I got the eligibility passed message (AIP), with the exception of a phone call from the agent dealing with my application, my passport on their file was expired so I needed to fax them the updated copy. Next thing was a “call in notice” email from my local IRCC office (Edmonton) with the scheduled landing date, it was worded “your final determination for permanent residence interview is scheduled...” it took less than 5 minutes to get my COPR, they asked me 3 basic questions, “do you have any dependents not listed” “have you committed crime” etc, then I signed the documents, the agent validated my COPR and we were out of there.
My CIC account showed “background in process” even after landing interview was scheduled and the application completion email had already been sent to me, in fact it didn’t change to completed until the day after I landed. My ecas was updated more frequently/accurately than my CIC account.

Best of luck with your application, you’re almost at the end of the line.
Thank you very much for the detailed timeline. Yea, I checked both ecas and cic. None of them gets updated. I guess I'll just wait for the email then. Hopefully everything is alright.

Thanks a lot again!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I think it's moving so fast because I submitted both my police clearance certificates upfront & my medical upfront. I'm applying for Manitoba.
That's awesome! I already sent PC and Med, I hope I will get good news from CIC soon! Congrats again!