App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hi... i just got my call in notice. Did they request proof of cohabitation as one of the documents to bring? Its on my list and was wondering if i being everything i sent as proof in the application.
Hi, It's not exactly your landing interview nor it is a relationship interview, I think they have to verify some info on your file. When they invite people for landing interview - the letter says so. So bring everything they ask for and just be genuine. I think that by the end of this interview you should be granted your pr status.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi Guys,
I didn't see when was Sponsor undertake got approval? From your timeline, I didn't see this part. So I didn't really understand how we knon the Sponsor was qualified?

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys, I'm May 11, 2017 applicant. I got SA and AIP on May 9, and the 11th of 2018, but not final decision has been made. Do you know how long it's gonna take?

Reactions: rzubarev

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Hi... i just got my call in notice. Did they request proof of cohabitation as one of the documents to bring? Its on my list and was wondering if i being everything i sent as proof in the application.
Hi, no all they asked for was
Proof of RPRF payment
My passport
Temporary resident permit (work, student)
Print out of the “call in notice”
2 photographs

As for my husband(the sponsor) they didn’t ask for anything.

At at IRCC office, the agent simply asked me the three basic questions and to verify all my information (name, address, etc) were correct, initial, and then she validated everything, congratulated us and we were out of there.

Did you apply as common law or spousal? Maybe they asked for the proof of cohabitation if you’re common law and they want to ensure you still live together. Just bring bank statement with your names/address, or insurance policy forms, anything that shows you share the same address. Best of luck:) you will have your PR soon!

Last edited:

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Hi Guys,
I didn't see when was Sponsor undertake got approval? From your timeline, I didn't see this part. So I didn't really understand how we knon the Sponsor was qualified?
The sponsor will get an email saying he/she was approved. It usually happens right around the same time as when the Principal applicant gets AIP (eligibility passed email). You can check ECAS using sponsor’s information (Application number, date of birth, last name etc) and if it says Decision made then you have sponsor approval.

Last edited:

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
Hey guys,

Nov 2017 applicant.
I received Schedule A and Medical request in February (I'm PA) but my sponsor didn't receive their SA letter/email.
The sponsor side shows DM in Ecas, PA shows Application Received.
I'm worried that my sponsor was rejected but they received a letter a few weeks ago saying the sponsorship application is being processed... I'm confused.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
Hey guys, I'm May 11, 2017 applicant. I got SA and AIP on May 9, and the 11th of 2018, but not final decision has been made. Do you know how long it's gonna take?
Hi I am May 14, 2017 inland applicant, I got DM on both side on ESCA, and SP on may 11, 2018. No AIP. I also received Invitation to Pre arrival Letter on may.11. 2018. I think we will get the landing notice in about one week.

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys,

Nov 2017 applicant.
I received Schedule A and Medical request in February (I'm PA) but my sponsor didn't receive their SA letter/email.
The sponsor side shows DM in Ecas, PA shows Application Received.
I'm worried that my sponsor was rejected but they received a letter a few weeks ago saying the sponsorship application is being processed... I'm confused.
Any ideas?
What date in November are you?

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
What's the pre arrival letter?

Below is the Invitation to Pre-arrival services Letter that I received. I thought Invitation to Pre-arrival services Letter is for Outlanders, I have no idea why i received it.

UCI: xxxxxx (PA’S UCI)

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free

pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available

before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.

Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers

offer free information to help you with:

• Living and working in Canada;

• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and

certificates recognized in Canada;

• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,

including language training; and

• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking

communities.

If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services

before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:

canada.ca/pre-arrival-services.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv

al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general

When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the

website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many

service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services

are always at no cost to you.

You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources

available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent

residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at cic.gc.ca/publications.

Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are

interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp

For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite

you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter

(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hey guys,

My wife got the following update, we applied June 6th. Wondering if this is AIP or what. On myCIC account the status has changed "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." On ecas, no change whatsoever.

Dear ----- ---- ------:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.