+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
You can send a request to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) under the Access to Information Act (ATI) to:

• Get information about CIC
  • Get information that would have been created by CIC
  • Get personal information submitted by a representative, where the client (with their consent) is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or here in Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

or this video here -
Thank you for your instruction. I have found this thread which talks about GCMS:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-gcms-notes.366708/

So basically, according to the thread, GCMS is:
- "Gcms notes have everything cic computer and officers ever wrote in your file. Apperantly a goid thing when you would like to know what cic is doing with your application.
They can be very long and from what i have heard, a bit difficult to understand sometimes..."
- "These can only be ordered from inside Canada either by you or someone authorized to request and receive them on your behalf."

So yeah, I will try to request GCMS.

To me, MyCIC, Service, GCMS should be combined together!!!

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Where do you see OWP in your CIC account? We sent the OWP with the PR to CPC Mississauga. We submitted the Sch A and PCC the same day we linked the application. The Sch A and PCC status is still "your action is required" even though it was submitted a week ago. I don't see OWP anywhere in the CIC account. Please help. We're anxious to get it before my wife's visitor visa expires in April.
Hi,

Did you get the answer how to link OWP application with CIC account?
Please suggest , as i am facing the same problem.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi Gio1908,

I received my OWP less than a month ago and I received AIP last week. What's COPR?
I really hope to receive AIP soon so I can get my OWP... Did you do anything or you were just waiting for an answer..cause I don't have much patience without working.

CoPR means "Confirmation of Permanent Residency"

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Where do you see OWP in your CIC account? We sent the OWP with the PR to CPC Mississauga. We submitted the Sch A and PCC the same day we linked the application. The Sch A and PCC status is still "your action is required" even though it was submitted a week ago. I don't see OWP anywhere in the CIC account. Please help. We're anxious to get it before my wife's visitor visa expires in April.

Hi,

Did you get update on how to link OWP application to CIC account as i am facing the same problem.
Got my AOR yesterday. Linked my PR application to CIC account.

Thanks

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Gio1908,

I had my attorney follow up. The only thing I did was to apply for my GCMS Notes. My best advice from my personal experience with the whole process is that patience is a MUST!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hi,

Did you get the answer how to link OWP application with CIC account?
Please suggest , as i am facing the same problem.
Yes I was able to link OWP finally. I’ll respond to you tomorrow with instructions as I’m away from my laptop right now.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Good night Gio1908,

Does CoPR apply to inland applicants as well?
Gio1908,

I had my attorney follow up. The only thing I did was to apply for my GCMS Notes. My best advice from my personal experience with the whole process is that patience is a MUST!
I think CoPR applies for both Inland and Outland applications. But first you will need to submit your PPR request so they can send you the CoPR.

Yes patience is everything...I applied for GCMS notes on December and got them few weeks ago. They are doing my BGC with no starting reviewing my eligibility yet and no medical request. Last month I talked with IRCC and they said patience and sometimes medical can be requested at the very end of the process. ..So I am just waiting..

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Gio1908,

Just curious, does AIP mean my application is approved. I know that they're conducting background checks and I am sure that I will pass because I have never committed a crime in my life (except overstaying here - not sure if that's a crime), however, at the end of it all, does it mean that my application can be approved for PR?

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Any March applicants who are still waiting for any news (I am March 13th)? I see April ones moving forward, but it's been quiet for me for a while. The only change is that they started reviewing additional documents provided (and I sent everything with my application).
I am a late May applicant who received the medical request last month. I also noticed the cic acccount says that they started reviewing additional documents and the only document I submitted after mailing my application was schedule A so I was wondering if it has something to do with the background check..

Reactions: Yulia V

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hey Medieko,

When I received the transfer letter I took it to my attorney (he's very vague, which is why I rely on this forum) and said that they want to look into my relationship with my husband. Right after they requested that I redo my medical because the one I submitted with my application had expired. A week ago I did a telephone interview with a officer from CIC Etobicoke and the next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent/for permanent resident in Canada which I assume is AIP. I don't have complete access to my ECAS because I have a representative , but I can sign in online and its says that my application started processing March 1, 2018.

I hope I answer your question and yes not just the letter is confusing; this whole process is confusing and frustrating. I wish you luck and hope you hear something soon.
Hello melissaj,
I really thank you for ur info sharing and update. In my view you have done evtg and all you need to wait for decision made on ur side then landing intervew.
I have question for you when would be i would get a call from cic cinsidering i got transfered letter 2 days ago just rough estimate? And do you advice me submitting more cohabitaion proof? If so should i use web submitting form or mail adress they mentioned at the tranfered letter? And would it affect the processing time or anything?
For ur info i don have representative.
Thank you again and good luck!

Reactions: melissaj

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good morning Medieko,

Thank you for the info. I am just really more anxious right now. After I received the transferred letter in mid October they send me a medical request within three weeks (the initial medical had expired).
After my husband and myself submitted our application in April 2017, we did not submit any additional proof back to CIC. Since you don't have a representative then I suggest you try to contact them as best you can. I really can advice there, but I am sure someone will shed some light for you.

Good luck to you as well!

Reactions: Medieko

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Following is my application status. is there anyone how long i still need to wait?

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!

HI,

Just qurious , were you out of status or in implied status while applying the OWP . And were you able to link the OWP

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi sm43226,

I applied for OWP with my spousal sponsorship application. At that time I was very much out of status for almost 5 years.
My representative told me that I will only be given an OWP when I get AIP, however, I received OWP a couple of weeks before I received AIP. My only assumption is that they talk...lol!