App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Any March applicants who are still waiting for any news (I am March 13th)? I see April ones moving forward, but it's been quiet for me for a while. The only change is that they started reviewing additional documents provided (and I sent everything with my application).

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hey Medieko,

When I received the transfer letter I took it to my attorney (he's very vague, which is why I rely on this forum) and said that they want to look into my relationship with my husband. Right after they requested that I redo my medical because the one I submitted with my application had expired. A week ago I did a telephone interview with a officer from CIC Etobicoke and the next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent/for permanent resident in Canada which I assume is AIP. I don't have complete access to my ECAS because I have a representative , but I can sign in online and its says that my application started processing March 1, 2018.

I hope I answer your question and yes not just the letter is confusing; this whole process is confusing and frustrating. I wish you luck and hope you hear something soon.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!
Hi ,
If you don’t mind can I know after how many months you received open work permit . My situation is similar like your but I applied in November 2017 and after scd A I have not heard anything. It’s been 4 months I sent work permit application also along with PR application. Can you tell how many months they took to approve u work permit. Thanks in advance

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hello, any Quebec applicants here anymore? How long had you guys received Med request since you applied?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Jeet07,

I applied April 2017 and I only received my work permit a month ago. I was told it was because I was out of status thats why it took so long. Who knows right :mad:.
[/QUOTE
Thanks
that means I have to be patience long process. Hope for best. And good luck . Share your timeline once you receive everything . It’s really helpful.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi Jeet07,

I applied April 2017 and I only received my work permit a month ago. I was told it was because I was out of status thats why it took so long. Who knows right :mad:.
Hi, sorry, I did not want to make you feel worse and I don't know your lawyer. But I just want to let you know that I had a terrible experience with my former lawyer that was why I stopped working with her, then prepared papers and worked all by myself. The lawyer that I hired was a bitch! She did not work at all. The only thing she did was to ask us to wait for her as she was so busy and she could not work for my application yet. She did not tell me those words after my husband tried to call her many times to push her to work for us! She took almost $1000 (the deposit) for playing with us!!! If I didn't hire her, I would have sent my application at least 3 months earlier!!!

Reactions: Fowl

AlexDLaCruz

Sep 26, 2017
Hey Medieko,

When I received the transfer letter I took it to my attorney (he's very vague, which is why I rely on this forum) and said that they want to look into my relationship with my husband. Right after they requested that I redo my medical because the one I submitted with my application had expired. A week ago I did a telephone interview with a officer from CIC Etobicoke and the next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent/for permanent resident in Canada which I assume is AIP. I don't have complete access to my ECAS because I have a representative , but I can sign in online and its says that my application started processing March 1, 2018.

I hope I answer your question and yes not just the letter is confusing; this whole process is confusing and frustrating. I wish you luck and hope you hear something soon.
Thanks for sharing about your case
Yesterday I got that letter saying
That my Application is been transferred to Etobicoke for future assessment
so now I’m just waiting for them to contact me .
How long did they take to contact you after you received the letter ?
Thanks

AlexDLaCruz

Sep 26, 2017
Hey Medieko,

Thanks for sharing about your case
Yesterday I got that letter saying
That my Application is been transferred to Etobicoke for future assessment
so now I’m just waiting for them to contact me .
How long did they take to contact you after you received the letter ?
Thanks

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Jeet07,

Don't be sorry. I already came to terms with how some lawyers can be and I find mine very laid back, but what can I do, I already paid him, he provide brief answers when I need it and if anything goes wrong I have someone qualified to handle my file better than I can. This is the very reason why I joined this forum and which is why I am trying to seek advice from others who are going through similar process or who has more knowledge than I do. However, thank you. I appreciate your advice more than you know.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!
All they needed to know was to confirm that your relationship is genuine, and they had been able to confirmed that through the questions they asked you on phone; hence the AIP you received the next day. So, Be expectant, you should have your DM soonest and Landing Inteview respectively.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Same here my OWP app was received last Dec 14. This morning, i noticed that the review of eligibility has changed to-- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
That's good, I've heard others mention their OWP was approved a few days after that happened, so hopefully you'll get approved soon!

Reactions: ggg07

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Hello melissaj,

My application was received on July 21st, 2017. I am also out of status and I am very concerned about the OWP. My question for you is when did you receive AIP and after that when did u get the OWP?

Also, I do not have any medical request so far. Getting no OWP is a huge pain.

From what you are saying I can tell you are very close getting CoPR.

Best of luck!