+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
By the way, the status via Service3 has not much information, just tell me when they received my application, and when they sent me AOR.
Yeah, its only advantage over myCIC is that it's updated much earlier. Which is a big advantage if you've been waiting for months lol

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
What are the next steps in the process after the interview with an inland application?
You'll become permanent resident and then you'll have to wait for your permanent resident card.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Just checked mycic account and my PR CARD has been approved. I became a permanent resident on January 25 2018, and my card got approved March 06, 2018. Just over a month. This is also to encourage those planning to travel after your landing.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Yeah, its only advantage over myCIC is that it's updated much earlier. Which is a big advantage if you've been waiting for months lol
So I think Service3 just inform important information, not as detailed as MyCIC. Anyway, I hope that I will receive Med request soon. It is more than 6 months now since I applied :(

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
So I think Service3 just inform important information, not as detailed as MyCIC. Anyway, I hope that I will receive Med request soon. It is more than 6 months now since I applied :(
Gotta distract yourself, it's been 8 months for me (and I guess almost 9 months for early June applicants?) and no med request yet. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will go over the 12 months deadline.

Reactions: AshaMc

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Gotta distract yourself, it's been 8 months for me (and I guess almost 9 months for early June applicants?) and no med request yet. Hopefully this doesn't mean that they will go over the 12 months deadline.
agreed..i am on the same boat like you

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
hey guys first message for me :

we sent 2 weeks ago a letter of explanation for the 2 police certificates that couldnt provide with some email proofs from the 2 embassies.

Do you have any experience with this too ? when they ask theses 2 police records they asked us to pay the last fee (490$ for the RP card)

I hope its a good news.... We began the process may 2017

thanks

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Hello everyone,

CIC received my application on 14th Dec 2017.

AOR received on 29th Jan 2018. (PCC & Schedule A submitted same day)

OWP app linked to the account on 20th Feb 2018.

Any December 2017 applicants with their OWP's approved yet?

Please share your timelines! :)
December 14th and nothing yet.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Oh my! That's a pain! I've heard here that normally Jan, Feb and March applicants had the Med request after 6 months since they applied! Some special cases had it after just 2 or 3 months! I concluded that it depends on each province that applicants want to apply to.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Oh my! That's a pain! I've heard here that normally Jan, Feb and March applicants had the Med request after 6 months since they applied! Some special cases had it after just 2 or 3 months! I concluded that it depends on each province that applicants want to apply to.
June 14 here, no medical request yet

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!
Hello Melissaj,
I am 2016 applicant and i havent herd anything since yesterday. Last week i have seen that they start reviewing my eligiblity and decision taken on sponsor side.Yesterday i got letter it says my file is transfered to etopicoke for further assesement. I called CIC and the agent told me they doesnt have enough info to make decistion and its been transfered and he told me they would contact me but the process would take up to 8 month. So my question for you, did u get AIP? And what ecas says and did u tried to contact them when you got the tranfer letter since its confusing.
Thank you so much in advance