+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Any March applicants who are still waiting for any news (I am March 13th)? I see April ones moving forward, but it's been quiet for me for a while. The only change is that they started reviewing additional documents provided (and I sent everything with my application).
Beginning of March 2017 here, I ordered the note and it only updated from last November and the only thing change is Criminally check in processing… even the SA not started yet. Really pain in the ass at this point …

Reactions: polar25 and Yulia V

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi Jeet07,

I applied April 2017 and I only received my work permit a month ago. I was told it was because I was out of status thats why it took so long. Who knows right :mad:.
That’s a such long hold … I got my WP after 4months after AOR but still I thought that’s a long wait; anyways congrats on your AIP

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
My deadline for police check and schedule A was March 3rd it's still shows that my action is required. Anyone experiencing this?
I had it for two months since I submitted it. When they updated the system weeks ago it changed from your action is required to submitted. They say it’s a glitched in the system but you can always call cic to verify if that’s the case.

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question! My passport got water damaged and i have submitted for re-new. I am not sure how long my validity will be for the new passport :(

What is the minimum requirement for passport validity when applying Inland Spousal Sponsorship?
Please let me know ?? It's very stressful :confused:

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
That's good, I've heard others mention their OWP was approved a few days after that happened, so hopefully you'll get approved soon!
Same here my OWP app was received last Dec 14. This morning, i noticed that the review of eligibility has changed to-- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
lucky you! My application received December 8th 2017, no reviewing eligibility start yet.

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
lucky you! My application received December 8th 2017, no reviewing eligibility start yet.
This was the 2nd time that i sent my OWP app as the first one was returned due to incorrect fee. PR application was received in Mississauga last Sept 27.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Same here my OWP app was received last Dec 14. This morning, i noticed that the review of eligibility has changed to-- we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Actually my OWP was just approved today. I got a message about an hour ago. Yours should be coming soon. Good luck!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Beginning of March 2017 here, I ordered the note and it only updated from last November and the only thing change is Criminally check in processing… even the SA not started yet. Really pain in the ass at this point …
Hi there,

Why do you know when CIC are checking your Criminal (Police certificate?) and have not checked your SA yet? As I thought SA + PC are together so when CIC check it, they will update the status on both of them at the same time...

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi there,

Why do you know when CIC are checking your Criminal (Police certificate?) and have not checked your SA yet? As I thought SA + PC are together so when CIC check it, they will update the status on both of them at the same time...
Its on my GCMS note literally shows my criminal check in process but SPR Eligibility not started... I hope I can hear from them soon for SA+ Security check for stage 2. I know its bit odd and there's no consistency on system, If you read all the contexts here you will have idea how it works for CIC.

Reactions: polar25 and Yulia V

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Its on my GCMS note literally shows my criminal check in process but SPR Eligibility not started... I hope I can hear from them soon for SA+ Security check for stage 2. I know its bit odd and there's no consistency on system, If you read all the contexts here you will have idea how it works for CIC.
Yes thanks for the explanation, I'm trying to read the thread from page 400 up to now as I just followed the thread on previous pages. What is the GCMS?

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Yes thanks for the explanation, I'm trying to read the thread from page 400 up to now as I just followed the thread on previous pages. What is the GCMS?
You can send a request to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) under the Access to Information Act (ATI) to:

• Get information about CIC
  • Get information that would have been created by CIC
  • Get personal information submitted by a representative, where the client (with their consent) is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or here in Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

or this video here -

Reactions: Trinh