App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
This may have been asked before.. But what is the next phase after you submit Police Certificates and Schedule A?
long anticipation, then med request, then more anticipation while background check is being processed, then final stages (SA, AIP and DM)

s.buj

Jul 21, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
long anticipation, then med request, then more anticipation while background check is being processed, then final stages (SA, AIP and DM)
Hmm. I submitted my Schedule A and Police Certificate back in August... my account says they're reviewing my background check, but I haven't gotten a medical request yet (been anticipating it for a bit now). But yes, there's definitely a big waiting period in between.

Reactions: Mchb0215

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hmm. I submitted my Schedule A and Police Certificate back in August... my account says they're reviewing my background check, but I haven't gotten a medical request yet (been anticipating it for a bit now). But yes, there's definitely a big waiting period in between.
from what i've learned here, each app's stages are spaced out differently. i submitted my schedule a in june and i'm still waiting for ircc to either receive my meds or ask me to redo it (i'm pretty sure it expired a few days ago). my background check started in november.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mchb0215

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
i read some post saying that open work permit for inland spouse application is only until end of the year? is this true? i just submit my application last week and know that it takes time for them to actually look on it.so ,im a bit stress... tho, i remember i called to the ircc before we submit our spousal application the ircc agent told me to submit the open work permit as well .so i guess they accept it.

May 12, 2017
It does unfortunately :( We had a similar situation ( we missed the $155 fee) and had to resend to Vegreville... Originally submitted Sept 5, 2017, resubmitted Nov 15, 2017.... have yet to hear anything back. Very stressful and disappointing! There was another applicant who sumbitted same say as us and received OWP on Nov 28 ..... !!
Bummer.

Because we now have implied status due to having received our AOR, do you have a recommendation as to what to put for question 7 which asks the "From" and "To" dates for our visitor status in Canada? Should I put the date of six months from the date of entry?

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
How can I call them?? I can't work out how to get through to an actual person. I've submitted an inquiry but have yet to hear back, they may not even reply at all. VERY stressful!! :(

Look for the telephone number of the processing center where your case is processed or maybe you can call Vigreville and ask to speak with an agent, hopefully they can help you.

s.buj

Jul 21, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
i read some post saying that open work permit for inland spouse application is only until end of the year? is this true? i just submit my application last week and know that it takes time for them to actually look on it.so ,im a bit stress... tho, i remember i called to the ircc before we submit our spousal application the ircc agent told me to submit the open work permit as well .so i guess they accept it.
This isn't true. Usually the OWP is valid for two years or until the expiration of your passport, whichever is sooner. I wouldn't worry.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Just received email from CIC today!!! We finally have a UCI!!!
We sent in our application October 23rd.
Be on the look out folks! I wish you the same joy my husband and I feel right now. Until the next anxiety! hahaha!
inland?

skiracer1

Nov 9, 2017
Have you been able to link your app again? I have been trying every day but still cannot link my app. I've heard that sometimes it doesn't get linked at all but is still approved, but I'm just dying to know if it is processing or not so I can ease my nerves.
I put our timeline in my signature for you. We lost a bonus month because they tried to return the work permit application to our non-mailing address the first time. We have been trying to link the OWP too but I don't expect it will work for another couple weeks (based on what Shanonnbella was just saying).

Reactions: HomeAgain17

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
Hello everyone?
My wife sponsored me inland class in Canada .
I done my medical on December 2/2016 and i thought i will apply under old rule but when i went to my lawyer (16 December 2016)she said to me the spouse immigration rule has been changed on 7 December so we have to apply on new rule but
I already done police clarified medical. My lawyer told me is ok . And i applied under new rule

Applied 22 December 2016 (paperwork)
Cic received 12 January 2017
1st AOP REC feb 3 2017

Feb 16 2017 Ask me additional documents imm5669 which thy ask me to sign and reply them

Applied OWP on 22 March 2017
OWP Rec my mail 16 july 2017

And after long wait they send my wife another later 14 September 2017 that 2nd AOP has been approved.

15 September 2017
Another letter
We transfer your application on our local office for further verification. Your medical was successful. If we need any information from you or interview we will inform you .

October 6 2017

Interview requested for you and your spouse
You need to come for interview on October 21 2017

√ I went to the interview and she asked me bunch of questions. 4 hour.... Interviewed me and my wife separately .

Afer interview done the cic representative told me everything was fine but im not 100% satisfied.

She ask me do you need to say something? I told her no. And then she told me ok so I will inform you by the letter....

December 5 2017

They are asking me to pay RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE 490$ AND FINGERPRINT

THEY NEED TO RECEIVE IT IN 30 DAYS
I DONE IT...

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHAT NEXT?

Last edited:

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Just an FYI someone in the Facebook group said they are September 28th applicants and only got their AOR December 13th. I know there are the lucky ones from October that have received them already. I hope this gives the early/mid October applicants some hope that theirs may still be coming before the New Year.

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Hi guys i just submitted my PR inland and OWP application last Dec.14,2017
I already paid all the PR fees and OWP fees.

Whats next?