Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-11-2017
so you can apply later on then. processing time for inland application is 12 months.
So should I apply him as tourist first so we can go back to CA together?

joanesjayarvesu

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
File Transfer...
09-03-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-11-2017
yes he can come on a visitor visa, you can get married, then apply to sponsor him. he should have a valid status when you apply for the sponsorship
okay, so that's the only valid way to bring him here.
Thanks and Godbless!

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I was in a similar boat. I've been in Canada since 18 and haven't spent >6 months anywhere else. And Canada has been both: (i) where I currently live, and (ii) where I spent most my adult life. So I had no other PCCs to provide at all. So I decided to get the RCMP one anyway and submit it. But that was before I knew they actually didn't need a Canadian one.
If you have no other PCCs you need to get, just upload an explanation letter in the place of the PCC explaining why.
If you do have other countries where you spent >6 months, I guess you should have their PCCs handy just in case. I know they changed the rules now from '>6 months' to 'where you spent most your adult life', but it's better to be prepared anyway. Depends on what those countries are and if the process to get their PCCs is fast and simple or not.
Thank you!!! I will send the one that I have now from my home country and an explanation letter saying that I live in Canada now as it's the place that I have spent most of my adult life since 18. I'm 21 now and if I had a criminal record I wouldn't be able to get into Canada.. it's a little silly that they need all that. I lived in America, Brazil and Spain but Canada is where I live now and have spent most of my adult life so they should understand that. At least I hope

May 12, 2017
PR and OWP permit received at CPC Mississauga Oct. 11. I received AOR on Dec. 6. HOWEVER, today the OWP application was returned because apparently I forgot to submit proof of payment. I now have to re-send to Vegreville. The original returned application has "Received Oct. 11 2017 CPC Mississauga" stamped at the bottom and at the top is a sticker with a number on it.

Someone please please please tell me that the four-month waiting process for OWP doesn't start from the beginning again?

:(

Sylviebah

Oct 29, 2017
Hello I applied in end of January and in March I received the acknowledge later , in July I saw online that their received my husband medical , since then I haven’t heard anything from them . I send an email to the visa office in November and their reply that their have my file and there is an officer assigned for it and it will process depending on the date of received application .

When I go online , it’s shows that if their have sent your application to the visa officer meaning it’s been approved and Their to send me a later informing me about that . But I haven’t heard or received later . At this point I need your help for clarification . Thank you

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
PR and OWP permit received at CPC Mississauga Oct. 11. I received AOR on Dec. 6. HOWEVER, today the OWP application was returned because apparently I forgot to submit proof of payment. I now have to re-send to Vegreville. The original returned application has "Received Oct. 11 2017 CPC Mississauga" stamped at the bottom and at the top is a sticker with a number on it.

Someone please please please tell me that the four-month waiting process for OWP doesn't start from the beginning again?

:(
I’m sorry, so frustrating! The sticker should be your UCI number, mine was :). Same thing happen to me and they received my resubmission application on October 17th. I was able to link it online December 4th and it’s says it’s in progress. On the CIC website, it says work permit processing time is now 7 weeks. From my understanding it’s 4months from when they receive your PR and OWP application. If the OWP app is sent back, the 4 months doesn’t start over but the work permit processing time does...if that makes sense? I hope that helpsMake sure and get the new updated forms, if you haven’t.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
We are October 16th applicants and still no AOR. As our application was returned once before the pit in my stomach is getting huge as I am dreading that returned envelope any day now. Seeing people from October 23rd recieving AOR’s already.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
We are October 16th applicants and still no AOR. As our application was returned once before the pit in my stomach is getting huge as I am dreading that returned envelope any day now. Seeing people from October 23rd recieving AOR’s already.
What was it returned for the first time?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
What was it returned for the first time?
It came back with a checklist saying we forgot the addition family form. It was in there but missed by the agent it was heart breaking so I redid the form and put the new copy and the old copy at the front withvthe checklist so there was no confusion next time. I triple checked everything had my lawyer friend check it as well so I can’t imagine what the hold up is now.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
It came back with a checklist saying we forgot the addition family form. It was in there but missed by the agent it was heart breaking so I redid the form and put the new copy and the old copy at the front withvthe checklist so there was no confusion next time. I triple checked everything had my lawyer friend check it as well so I can’t imagine what the hold up is now.
Oh, hard to see what the hold up is then. Hope you get AOR today!

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
So the agent said that according to the system they are working on September 29th applicants and anyone who has gotten their AOR’s for October are extremely lucky. She assured me that she can see that my application was picked up at Canada post on the 16th. She was incredibly helpful!!! She told me not to panic and to just be patient.

This is a bit of reassuring news! Also she informed me that the only days they are closed are Christmas Day Boxing Day And New Year’s Day so AOR’s will be coming over Christmas