+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
oh :( so i just re read all the threads... i figured out i should have pay 100$ + 155$ for open work permit holder plus the work permit itself :( i only paid 100$.....

will they send back My Whole application? (PR and OWP)
or just the OWP application?

Last edited:

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hello everyone?
My wife sponsored me as a common law and inland .
I done my medical on December 2/2016 and i thought i will apply under old rule but when i went to my lawyer (16 December 2016)she said to me the spouse immigration rule has been changed on 7 December so we have to apply on new rule but
I already done police clarified medical. My lawyer told me is ok . And i applied under new rule

Applied 22 December 2016 (paperwork)
Cic received 12 January 2017
1st AOP REC feb 3 2017

Feb 16 2017 Ask me additional documents imm5669 which thy ask me to sign and reply them

Applied OWP on 22 March 2017
OWP Rec my mail 16 july 2017

And after long wait they send my wife another later 14 September 2017 that 2nd AOP has been approved.

15 September 2017
Another letter
We transfer your application on our local office for further verification. Your medical was successful. If we need any information from you or interview we will inform you .

October 6 2017

Interview requested for you and your spouse
You need to come for interview on October 21 2017

√ I went to the interview and she asked me bunch of questions. 4 hour.... Interviewed me and my wife separately .

Afer interview done the cic representative told me everything was fine but im not 100% satisfied.

She ask me do you need to say something? I told her no. And then she told me ok so I will inform you by the letter....

December 5 2017

They are asking me to pay RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE 490$ AND FINGERPRINT

THEY NEED TO RECEIVE IT IN 30 DAYS
I DONE IT...

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHAT NEXT?
You are gonna get your PR soon if not they wouldn't ask for ROPR FEES. CONGRATS ON ADVANCE!!!!

Reactions: Zayed

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
oh :( so i just re read all the threads... i figured out i should have pay 100$ + 155$ for open work permit holder plus the work permit itself :( i only paid 100$.....

Your PR application won't be delayed, just the OWP as they will send it back to you asking you to pay the difference. It is so frustrating to see how many people do this mistake and CIC still do not clarify things or at least put a little warning message or something I don't know...
Again, silver lining is your PR application won't be delayed. It also seem like OWP processing are faster these days, hopefully yo won't have to wait for too long before to ba able to work.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hi guys i just submitted my PR inland and OWP application last Dec.14,2017
I already paid all the PR fees and OWP fees.

Whats next?
Now you just wait till you receive your AOR, then you'll link your application to your CIC account and will upload Schedule A and Police checks (just to clarify further questions, you do not need to get the Canadian one)

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
he meant the open work permit pilot program that was only until december 21 2017 but was just confirmed to be extended for another year.
good to know!i called last week and said that they are on october application now ,so yours is

they will only return the opw application, and will ask you to pay additional $155..:(

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
My travel insurance runs out soon and I'm looking for an alternative while waiting for our sponsor application to process.
I've tried looking but I'm really not sure whats best so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or advice?

I'm not sure if I can apply for OHIP while on implied status? I've read a lot of different points and it doesn't seem like people are too
sure themselves.. So if anyone could help I'd be grateful

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
My travel insurance runs out soon and I'm looking for an alternative while waiting for our sponsor application to process.
I've tried looking but I'm really not sure whats best so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or advice?

I'm not sure if I can apply for OHIP while on implied status? I've read a lot of different points and it doesn't seem like people are too
sure themselves.. So if anyone could help I'd be grateful
try manulife or sunlife ..i dont think implied status can apply ohip you need a valid status in canada ( paper forms) :(..call service ontario to be sure ..i would advice you to get a private insurance for the meantime.. healthcare in canada is expensive without insurance.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
try manulife or sunlife ..i dont think implied status can apply ohip you need a valid status in canada ( paper forms) :(..call service ontario to be sure ..i would advice you to get a private insurance for the meantime.. healthcare in canada is expensive without insurance.
Yeah I've been looking around trying to find the cheapest option. I haven't had my OWP yet but hoping it will be sometime soon (got AOR November 5th).
I'm still looking around not sure who is best to go with and such...

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
i read some post saying that open work permit for inland spouse application is only until end of the year? is this true? i just submit my application last week and know that it takes time for them to actually look on it.so ,im a bit stress... tho, i remember i called to the ircc before we submit our spousal application the ircc agent told me to submit the open work permit as well .so i guess they accept it.
As far as I know, this is still a pilot program that was extended until 2019. :)

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Question: Do we receive some sort of correspondence about our OWP before receiving it?

I applied October 23rd, got AoR Dec 15th, so I'm expecting my OWP before January 23rd - was wondering if I'll be getting an Email or something giving me a heads up about that.

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Please help. The checklist states if married for more than 2 years do not send certain documents until asked to do so when applying for permanent residence. Does anyone knows why? Is it too late to start

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Question: Do we receive some sort of correspondence about our OWP before receiving it?

I applied October 23rd, got AoR Dec 15th, so I'm expecting my OWP before January 23rd - was wondering if I'll be getting an Email or something giving me a heads up about that.
There is no AOR sent for the OWP. Although, I was able to link my OWP online as well after a few days of linking my PR application.

Last edited:

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Please help. The checklist states if married for more than 2 years do not send certain documents until asked to do so when applying for permanent residence. Does anyone knows why? Is it too late to start
What do you mean by too late to start? Like too late to apply? There is no such thing. :) I believe it is just because if youa re married for more than 2 years, that gives your relationship more validation. As you said, if they need more proof, they will ask for it.

kiyalily

Nov 30, 2017
App. Filed.......
September 6 2017
AOR Received.
September 11 2017

I am also curious about what notice there might be for recieving the OWP. What are you basing your timeline off of? We received AOR September 11 but still haven't heard anything about OWP.. Just hoping it gets here soon! We were anticipating mid-January as well.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I am also curious about what notice there might be for recieving the OWP. What are you basing your timeline off of? We received AOR September 11 but still haven't heard anything about OWP.. Just hoping it gets here soon! We were anticipating mid-January as well.
I've been basing my timeline and expectations off of this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1524155556

It looks like the common trend is to expect your OWP in about 3 months from the date IRCC receives your applications via mail (not 3 months from AOR)