+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
hello everyone ; how are you guys doing?

I am January 2017 applicant ;
So, I received 2 love letters from CIC in these 3 weeks. Just wondering how it is with my application...
1. Procedural fairness letter : this letter asking about the proof that I have been staying with my husband in this year ; as when we submitted, I realize we put my staying date till the day of my visa run out ; I already sent to them all proofs I have to show I am staying with my husband. Then just 3 days ago, I received another love letter from CIC
2. Eligibility Passed: this letter tell me that I have meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. This letter also asked for Criminal Record check based on my fingerprint (RCMP), they give me 30 days to do so.

If anyone can help me to answer my questions, I will be very appreciate it,
1. RCMP - any recommendation how to do this? I google about it and I assumed I have go to the place which does the fingerprint and they will send the result to RCMP ? or I should go directly to RCMP ? but where it is?
2. The second love letter, is that a good sign? because we have been waiting for almost a year for this application and I am currently out of status since Feb'17 (I didn't submit OWP- I don't intend to work, also didn't submit to extend my temporary visa) because some misunderstanding from my husband thought that once I applied the PR by him as my sponsor, I already implied, but that is so wrong in so many level ... ~_~

Last edited:

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017

So, I received 2 love letters from CIC in these 3 weeks. Just wondering how it is with my application...
1. Procedural fairness letter : this letter asking about the proof that I have been staying with my husband in this year ; as when we submitted, I realize we put my staying date till the day of my visa run out ; I already sent to them all proofs I have to show I am staying with my husband. Then just 3 days ago, I received another love letter from CIC
2. Eligibility Passed: this letter tell me that I have meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. This letter also asked for Criminal Record check based on my fingerprint (RCMP), they give me 30 days to do so.

1. RCMP - any recommendation how to do this? I google about it and I assumed I have go to the place who do the fingerprint and they will send the result to RCMP ? or I should go directly to RCMP ? but where it is?
2. The second love letter, is that a good sign? because we have been waiting for almost a year for this application and I am currently out of status since Feb'17 (I didn't submit OWP- I don't intend to work, also didn't submit to extend my temporary visa) because some misunderstanding from my husband thought that once I applied the PR by him as my sponsor, I already implied, but that is so wrong in so many level ... ~_~
They ask for right of permanent residence fee which is 490$ or you already submitted when you applied?

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
They ask for right of permanent residence fee which is 490$ or you already submitted when you applied?
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application.

I guess they ask.. I didn't pay it yet. I will do it after Christmas ..
are you in the same position with me for the application?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018

1. RCMP - any recommendation how to do this? I google about it and I assumed I have go to the place which does the fingerprint and they will send the result to RCMP ? or I should go directly to RCMP ? but where it is?
Just visit somewhere that does finger print and they will send it to rcmp on your behalf, I think it's about $20 or $40 dollars. Apart from that you are on track, since you don't intend to work don't worry about nothing else just sit and wait for your PR.

Erin Lynsay

Dec 1, 2017
Vancouver

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application.

I guess they ask.. I didn't pay it yet. I will do it after Christmas ..
are you in the same position with me for the application?
Yes im in your possession but they asked me for interview,and 12 days afer interview cic asked me to do fingerprint and 490 dollars RPRF . Which they have to received in 30 days . See your last cic mail or latter where they asked you to do fingerprint ... They did mention where to do the fingerprint...

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Bummer.

Because we now have implied status due to having received our AOR, do you have a recommendation as to what to put for question 7 which asks the "From" and "To" dates for our visitor status in Canada? Should I put the date of six months from the date of entry?
Yes, I believe that is what we did if I remember correctly

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hey everyone!

I received my AOR this morning!!
October 26th application and received AOR Dec 18th.

I am trying to link my Application but am having no success, any advice?
Make sure to enter the correct number of people on the application! This seems to be the biggest thing stopping people from being able to link their apps

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Ya, I tried to this morning and went through my 5 opportunities. I tried with 2 applicants and I tried different name options but still, nothing worked. I guess I'll try tomorrow.
I'm having the same problems trying to link OWP... so frustrating

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hey Guys,

I have a question that I have received my AOR and my OWP application which I have sent it with my PR application. My Question is that I have to leave canada for visit due to family issue and I am on ETA as a Visitor by end of January as I have to leave . I heard it when someone leaves from visitor status as he is from visa exempt country so in canada his status would expire and when he comes back then his status again starts as a visitor so my question is that my Work permit will be processed after end of january? as my visitor status would be expired at end of January ? Can someone please confirm me that my OWP will be processed after end of January also as when I submitted my OWP application I was in Canada could someone please confirm me?