+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

leb

Oct 22, 2015
Nexus application just like apply work / visitor permits, it asks you where you live and work past 5 years WITH NO GAP in between. But that’s a three years residence requirement, That part I’m not sure start counting after PR or time I hold permits.

So the 3 years tax filling requirement. I can mix with 1 year which hold permits and 2 years in PR status?

Congrats!!!!

What is the procedure to apply for a NEXUS card? Is it the same as an enhanced driver's license?

Citizenship requirements are 3 out of 5 years from the date you apply (1095 days). Anytime you were in Canada within the 5 years before you got your PR, CIC will count 1/2 day for everyday, up to a max of 365 days.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was wondering anyone have any idea how long it takes for a decision to be made on a statutory declaration for a non accompanying dependent?

Any information will be helpful for this question.

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I was wondering anyone have any idea how long it takes for a decision to be made on a statutory declaration for a non accompanying dependent?

Any information will be helpful for this question.

Thank you
It's made at the same time as the rest of the file...

There isn't anything to be decided upon. Unless you haven't completed the medical for that dependant. Which, means you have to file an explanation why. But there isn't a "decision" on it.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
It's made at the same time as the rest of the file...

There isn't anything to be decided upon. Unless you haven't completed the medical for that dependant. Which, means you have to file an explanation why. But there isn't a "decision" on it.
Ok, i did file an explanation and also filled out a statutory declaration stating i will not be able to sponsor him.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ok, i did file an explanation and also filled out a statutory declaration stating i will not be able to sponsor him.
Then sit back and relax. Nothing more to do. There is no decision process on it. They will review what you submitted, next time they pick your file up 15-30 days probably.

Reactions: john1234

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
I am currently waiting for my first PR CARD, I got my landing on February 02, 2018. They said it would take only 6 weeks to get it but so far nothing...I tried to check on the online system and nothing appears also through the phone system and nothing again. Anybody here has received their PR Card after getting landing on February 2018. I am worry because I am traveling on April 15 to Cancun Mexico for vacation. Anybody can help me here ????

@profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am currently waiting for my first PR CARD, I got my landing on February 02, 2018. They said it would take only 6 weeks to get it but so far nothing...I tried to check on the online system and nothing appears also through the phone system and nothing again. Anybody here has received their PR Card after getting landing on February 2018. I am worry because I am traveling on April 15 to Cancun Mexico for vacation. Anybody can help me here ????

@profiler

Says 58 days.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Do you know if 58 days includes the weekends as well because by the end of march it would be 60 days ...if I count the weekends as well.?? I don't know it they mean 58 days counting just week days..

@profiler
Hard to say. I would assume weekdays.

scorpion 2016

Mar 17, 2018
Hi There,

I am new to this forum. we applied for spousal sponsorship in land in June 2016 and medical examination submitted May 2017 as well as the police clearance, but did not hear back from CIC since. I checked the application status online using the online tool and the status showing as application received and medical examination results received but nothing else. do you how long does it take? do you think the police clearance report was not received as it's not showing? it's been a while since we applied, is that within the normal time lines?
I could not link my paper application to my online account as I have a representative.
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi There,

I am new to this forum. we applied for spousal sponsorship in land in June 2016 and medical examination submitted May 2017 as well as the police clearance, but did not hear back from CIC since. I checked the application status online using the online tool and the status showing as application received and medical examination results received but nothing else. do you how long does it take? do you think the police clearance report was not received as it's not showing? it's been a while since we applied, is that within the normal time lines?
I could not link my paper application to my online account as I have a representative.
Thanks
If you applied in June 2017 the timeline would be right. But you said 2016. If you applied then, and it still shows as application received, you or your rep need to figure out what's wrong. Call the call centre on Monday: 888-242-2100.

scorpion 2016

Mar 17, 2018
Yes it was sent out on June 2016 and application received July 2016. we did send out an inquiry email a month ago and we were told that it take 26 months and not to contact CIC before then...

Do you see more updates through your online account rather than the online too? or both them provide you the same updates?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hello guys,

Is there any Quebec applicant here?

I have Work permit and CSQ. I just received a confirmation letter to go to school for free French courses. But the school asks for "Carte d’assurance maladie du Québec valide ou une lettre de la Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec confirmant votre inscription". So I am confused if I am eligible to apply for a Health card?

I have read here that I need the AIP letter to apply for a Health card. What is that? How to get it?

Thanks so much in advance!

scorpion 2016

Mar 17, 2018
If you applied in June 2017 the timeline would be right. But you said 2016. If you applied then, and it still shows as application received, you or your rep need to figure out what's wrong. Call the call centre on Monday: 888-242-2100.
Yes it was sent out on June 2016 and application received July 2016. we did send out an inquiry email a month ago and we were told that it take 26 months and not to contact CIC before then...
Do you see more updates through your online account rather than the online too? or both them provide you the same updates?