+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone ,

Please leave comments and your advices. I have been called by Cbsa yesterday because I was out of status since March 2017 and applied for inland spousal file in November 2017 and I met my husband in November 2015.
Cbsa gave me I year exclusion order for 1 year. I don’t know what will happen next they told me to call them every 2 week and report them. :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone ,

Please leave comments and your advices. I have been called by Cbsa yesterday because I was out of status since March 2017 and applied for inland spousal file in November 2017 and I met my husband in November 2015.
Cbsa gave me I year exclusion order for 1 year. I don’t know what will happen next they told me to call them every 2 week and report them. :(

That's an administrative deferral. They usually call CIC to request the case be sped up to AIP. It's not an issue once you pass AIP. Just do as they ask and relax. CIC already knows.

In a nutshell, they're waiting for CIC to decide before issuing a removal order.

Reactions: KandyK and jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
That's an administrative deferral. They usually call CIC to request the case be sped up to AIP. It's not an issue once you pass AIP. Just do as they ask and relax. CIC already knows.
Thank you profiler for your prompt reply. Till now I have only got my AOR and schedule a request it’s just been 4 months I have sent my file.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you profiler for your prompt reply. Till now I have only got my AOR and schedule a request it’s just been 4 months I have sent my file.

Right. That's fine. As long as the only reason you have an exclusion order is because you overstayed, no issue. If there was another reason, there could be an issue with admissibility (stage 2).

Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Right. That's fine. As long as the only reason you have an exclusion order is because you overstayed, no issue. If there was another reason, there could be an issue with admissibility (stage 2).
So Cbsa will contact cic ?As I have heard they say 60 days time and stuff. They didn’t say anything to me about 60 days. But she did mention there been some spousal cases processed fast but she didn’t mention any time frame.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So Cbsa will contact cic ?As I have heard they say 60 days time and stuff. They didn’t say anything to me about 60 days. But she did mention there been some spousal cases processed fast but she didn’t mention any time frame.

They know you filed inland? They are to grant an administrative deferral. They will tell CIC they've issued an exclusion. Just do as they ask. It will all work out.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
They know you filed inland? They are to grant an administrative deferral. They will tell CIC they've issued an exclusion. Just do as they ask. It will all work out.
Yes they know about it I explained them that m waiting for the result of my inland application but she said your inland file can not stop 1 year exclusion order to be issued. She said in coming days at any time removal officer will contact you that’s why I am concerned. And I have to report them every 2 weeks. Until this get sort out.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I have one more question. Is it possible to have AIP before medical or it always comes after medical because I have not done medical yet. They did not send any instructions.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes they know about it I explained them that m waiting for the result of my inland application but she said your inland file can not stop 1 year exclusion order to be issued. She said in coming days at any time removal officer will contact you that’s why I am concerned. And I have to report them every 2 weeks. Until this get sort out.

Next time you report, ask them about an Administrative Deferral. There is actually policy where CBSA will grant deferrals for inlands to allow CIC to complete it's process.

I have one more question. Is it possible to have AIP before medical or it always comes after medical because I have not done medical yet. They did not send any instructions.

It is not possible anymore to do medicals without CIC asking for it first.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Goooooogia! Enh, I'm one to talk aboot it, right?

You're not far off. They can do SA and AIP fast. As long as the docs are in. If not, you get to wait 15-45 days
they just needed her employment letter and 2016 taxes... they got those someday we sent them, they notified receiving those to my wife's email a couple days ago

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Super swamped at work. And inundated with negative news. And the boy acquired the childhood right-of-passage...chicken pox. So, it's been rough. Excuse the absence.
Just like to be sure you and yours is doing ok.... cause we all care

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Document requests for sponsor applications are weird. Your "so called lawyer" should know what's required for that.. it's pretty easy.
LOL @ SO CALLED LAWYER LOL now you sound like me lololol

we had included those documents when we applied,, thing is Sears closed up so she has a newer job,, and now they have waited so long they wanted a more up to date tax return... .. ughhhhh grrrrrrrrrrr geterdone lol

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hey everyone! This is an update, my husband got his PR yesterday (March 12th at the Etobicoke office). I'll quickly recap our time frames for those who are are still waiting or are interested. We submitted paperwork on October 7, 2016. Our first correspondence was for a medical test (that was submitted Sept 2017), then in November of 2017 he was asked to submit criminal record check. Then we heard nothing until I randomly checked the ecas site at the end of January of 2018 and it said DM on both accounts. On Feb 1st I got AIP letter in my email, he got his a day later on Feb 2nd. Then @profiler was kind enough to let me know that wait times in Etobicoke office are long, so I wasn't even freaking out at this point anymore :) On March 2nd (to my surprise) my husband got an email for a landing interview for March 12th.
The interview itself was very fast and easy. Our appointment was for 1pm, we got there at 12pm. Waited for about 30 min until they told us to come to the front desk and get our queue tickets. The lady was very nice, checked our info asked to see my drivers licence (I'm the sponsor) asked him when was the last time he left and arrived in Canada. Then asked him if he was ever convicted of a crime or asked to leave Canada and if he has any dependents that he didn't claim...no on both accounts. He signed the paperwork, she said congrats then we went and got his new sin number (they have two windows in this office where Service Canada sits). Overall the whole process took 45 min, from 1pm to 1:45pm (not counting the fact that we were an hour early). That's about it, it still hasn't sunk in that it's done lol. If anyone has any questions let me know I'd be more than happy to help! And best of luck to everyone that's still waiting!!!
This letter was awesome to read with some very helpful info,,, CONGRATS to you both!!

Reactions: dkosh

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
they just needed her employment letter and 2016 taxes... they got those someday we sent them, they notified receiving those to my wife's email a couple days ago

But, that's in the instructions. Literally it's on the checklist too. What happened???

Just like to be sure you and yours is doing ok.... cause we all care

Aww thx bruh. Yeah we're doing ok. Starting to burn out. Glad to hear that we're in mid November now! Whooo hooo! Hope you guys are doing ok -- I know the patience required is rough. But don't fret -- it's almost over!

LOL @ SO CALLED LAWYER LOL now you sound like me lololol

we had included those documents when we applied,, thing is Sears closed up so she has a newer job,, and now they have waited so long they wanted a more up to date tax return... .. ughhhhh grrrrrrrrrrr geterdone lol

It's weird that they wanted that. Remember, that you can always send them things, unsolicited, via web form. I did that all along to make sure they had up to date info. We didn't get a document request at all. But don't worry, it's only a minor delay. The fact that they asked, means they were looking at SA.

Last edited:

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Next time you report, ask them about an Administrative Deferral. There is actually policy where CBSA will grant deferrals for inlands to allow CIC to complete it's process.

It is not possible anymore to do medicals without CIC asking for it first.
My lawyer said that now just wait for removal officer to reply because he has to do administrative referral but at first it was very hard me to understand all this. I hope everything goes well do u think it’s a good idea to go MP and call cic ?

Last edited: