IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes it was sent out on June 2016 and application received July 2016. we did send out an inquiry email a month ago and we were told that it take 26 months and not to contact CIC before then...
Do you see more updates through your online account rather than the online too? or both them provide you the same updates?

Because you have a rep, they will see the myCIC account. They can tell you if there is any updates. ECAS can tell you which state your application is in, but not what's been completed.

You can call to ask. Yes they will tell you that 26 months is the maximum time frame. But ask the agent to check into your file.

Andyjack

Jun 7, 2017
Need some help pls.

I submitted my application on June, 2016 for inland spousal sponsorship.
Medical received on march 18, 2017
Received with BG check the same day, which I did and submitted through my representative.
In July 2017, my wife and I received eligibility letter saying we’ve met the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. Representative said we were both approved and medical passed. After a few months of waiting we received a correspondent for Police clearance on October, 2017. I had to get a police clearance from my country of birth and fingerprints done here in Canada. It took about two week to get it done and send it to my lawyer to submit to CIC. She sent it through the web form in November, not sure if they received it or not then, so I spoke with my MP in my area and she contacted CIC, and they said the PCC is not on file. So my representative had to resend/upload it through the web form and emailed it to them on Jan 10, 2018. We got a confirmation they have it. Ever since then we have been waiting for Landing letter, but according to the MP and representative they are still processing back ground check/security and criminality check. Are they all the same? Should we be expecting a Landing letter in the coming days or week?? What can I do in this moment? I have called cic once which was a long wait of 45 mins, but still the same response. It’s been really frustrating and don’t know what else to do. It’s been around 20-21 months now which sucks because most people are already Landing and it is unfair having to wait this long. Anyways any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Need some help pls.

I submitted my application on June, 2016 for inland spousal sponsorship.
Medical received on march 18, 2017
Received with BG check the same day, which I did and submitted through my representative.
In July 2017, my wife and I received eligibility letter saying we’ve met the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. Representative said we were both approved and medical passed. After a few months of waiting we received a correspondent for Police clearance on October, 2017. I had to get a police clearance from my country of birth and fingerprints done here in Canada. It took about two week to get it done and send it to my lawyer to submit to CIC. She sent it through the web form in November, not sure if they received it or not then, so I spoke with my MP in my area and she contacted CIC, and they said the PCC is not on file. So my representative had to resend/upload it through the web form and emailed it to them on Jan 10, 2018. We got a confirmation they have it. Ever since then we have been waiting for Landing letter, but according to the MP and representative they are still processing back ground check/security and criminality check. Are they all the same? Should we be expecting a Landing letter in the coming days or week?? What can I do in this moment? I have called cic once which was a long wait of 45 mins, but still the same response. It’s been really frustrating and don’t know what else to do. It’s been around 20-21 months now which sucks because most people are already Landing and it is unfair having to wait this long. Anyways any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Security - are you a risk to Canadian society (have you been charged with war crimes? organized crime? terror? attempting to overthrow other governments? etc).

Criminality - have you committed crimes (like theft, murder, etc).

If they didn't have a PCC, then you will have to wait for them to complete the parts that required it. Given that they only got it on Jan 10, it can take up to 60 days to come back to your file. When they return to it, they will request Security and Criminality. Criminality is usually pretty fast. Security might not be. Can take 0 days to 6 months for Security to be completed.

Andyjack

Jun 7, 2017
Security - are you a risk to Canadian society (have you been charged with war crimes? organized crime? terror? attempting to overthrow other governments? etc).

If they didn't have a PCC, then you will have to wait for them to complete the parts that required it. Given that they only got it on Jan 10, it can take up to 60 days to come back to your file. When they return to it, they will request Security and Criminality. Criminality is usually pretty fast. Security might not be. Can take 0 days to 6 months for Security to be completed.

Thanks! Well it’s been more than 60 days since we submitted the PCC and medical has expired yesterday, though representative let them know. I thought the schedule A background was for security and PCC for criminality? or do they start security screening and criminality once you have submitted PCC? Also, you mentioned they will have to complete the part that is required, just curious what part you mean
Thanks for your response.

Andyjack

Jun 7, 2017

I have no criminal record at all, never been charge of any kind of crime here in Canada or back home. I have a clean record, that’s why I’m worried why it’s taking this long.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Hi, cic received my application last nov.28,2016. Im inland applicant. After my medical last oct.4,2017 no update yet.when i called cic the operator said they're proccessing my background check. It's been 15months already. But luckily they issued me 2yrs open work permit which expires on march 2019.
Hope we could receive positive updates soon.
It has been the same for us! Our application was received on Nov.25/16. It's frustrating..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks! Well it’s been more than 60 days since we submitted the PCC and medical has expired yesterday, though representative let them know. I thought the schedule A background was for security and PCC for criminality? or do they start security screening and criminality once you have submitted PCC? Also, you mentioned they will have to complete the part that is required, just curious what part you mean
Thanks for your response.
They will require more than just your Schedule A. That just gives Canadian Intelligence a place to start. You still have to submit the PCC for them to further validate the file. I cannot comment on exact specifics. But I am not surprised that it's been 60 days to be quite honest. I would expect something in maybe 3 months from submission date.

I have no criminal record at all, never been charge of any kind of crime here in Canada or back home. I have a clean record, that’s why I’m worried why it’s taking this long.
Criminal history is remarkably easy for them to find. Criminality usually is the easiest thing to complete. The fact that they asked for fingerprints tells me there is someone else with a name similar to yours that they are aware of. So, that can also explain the delay.

It's the Security piece that takes the time. It's ordered by CBSA, but it's completed by Canadian Intelligence and their international partners. This is what takes the time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It has been the same for us! Our application was received on Nov.25/16. It's frustrating..
The good news for you, is that they are landing people in that time frame now :).

Reactions: beate1961

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good morning,

I got DM made on both sponsor and applicant side on ECAS. My file is at Etobicoke Visa Office.

Does anyone know what is the wait time to hear from Etobicoke confirming DM and Landing Interview?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning,

I got DM made on both sponsor and applicant side on ECAS. My file is at Etobicoke Visa Office.

Does anyone know what is the wait time to hear from Etobicoke confirming DM and Landing Interview?
Congrats! They're usually the slowest. So it could be up to 9 weeks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you!

Oye, that's so long. I hope I hear before that. So close yet so far away.....lol.

Good luck!
Could be sooner. My wife already landed...like a year ago almost...

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I spoke with CIC Mississauga, Monday afternoon. I called to ask a couple questions because my so called lawyer is worthless , While speaking to the agent I mentioned the 1 year processing time to him, he was a very helpful and knowledgeable Agent and explained that they are just now starting processing the Nov 2016 Applicants,
We Applied March 3rd 2017 so he nicely said,, you will be awhile and to just be patient.. so at least I know my case is not going to be done any times in the near future,,, (frustrated in Ontario)

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I spoke with CIC Mississauga, Monday afternoon. I called to ask a couple questions because my so called lawyer is worthless , While speaking to the agent I mentioned the 1 year processing time to him, he was a very helpful and knowledgeable Agent and explained that they are just now starting processing the Nov 2016 Applicants,
We Applied March 3rd 2017 so he nicely said,, you will be awhile and to just be patient.. so at least I know my case is not going to be done any times in the near future,,, (frustrated in Ontario)

Hi,

Did you called a different number for CIC Mississauga or did you call 1-888-242-2100. My Visa Office is Etobicoke. It would be awesome if I have a direct number for them.

Also, I also have a worthless lawyer, I got DM made last Saturday and I called him asking if he sees any of this on my account and to explain what it means, he booked me in for an appointment for next Saturday. Like I need to know then :mad:. I had to call CIC myself yesterday and ask what DM on both sides mean and the agent confirm that my application has been approved for permanent residence.

My personal advice to you is when you need to know information, call CIC yourself. Call as many time as you need and ask as many questions you have. Some people said CIC agents information is not accurate, but for me its better and more accurate information than my lawyer provided to me.

Good luck!