+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
I think the office is the safest bet -- because you are required to sign your COPR.
Ugh I called the CIC office. They are aware of the pilot scheme but as usual the guy on the phone does not know a lot. I asked him "well if i respond as soon as they ask me too it would still take at least 4 days before I get the CoPR right? And chances are I won't have it on Monday for my call right?" and he was like "well..."

I found another thread about this new pilot scheme. Looks like a lot of people are getting this telephone landing invite but only a handful of them actually gets the CoPR on time for the call. It also looks like that if you do not have the CoPR before the call they do not entertain you on the call and you get bounced back to conventional office landing.

Good idea. Poor execution. Honestly I'd rather get a landing letter asking me to go to an office that's a lot easier compared to this shit show.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ugh I called the CIC office. They are aware of the pilot scheme but as usual the guy on the phone does not know a lot. I asked him "well if i respond as soon as they ask me too it would still take at least 4 days before I get the CoPR right? And chances are I won't have it on Monday for my call right?" and he was like "well..."

I found another thread about this new pilot scheme. Looks like a lot of people are getting this telephone landing invite but only a handful of them actually gets the CoPR on time for the call. It also looks like that if you do not have the CoPR before the call they do not entertain you on the call and you get bounced back to conventional office landing.

Good idea. Poor execution. Honestly I'd rather get a landing letter asking me to go to an office that's a lot easier compared to this shit show.
Can you ask for a landing at an office?

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Can you ask for a landing at an office?
I guess I can just ignore the telephone landing invite. It's a tough call between (1) the long wait for an office landing, and (2) telephone landing but knowing its a new process and many things have yet to be ironed out.

I hope its easier for others (esp when it comes to receiving the CoPR thru mail).

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Question for Spouse in Canada Aplication: After interview do we still need to leave and re-enter Canada in order to be confirmed as a PR? or they will going to apply PR card at interview only?

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
can you tell me when you apply for residency? your application dates and progress of it ?
me?

AOR - 3 Oct 16 (but Ecas states that they have started reviewing my application 29 Aug 16)
Police Cert Request - 11 Apr 17
Medical request - 3 Aug 17 (sent it back on 27 Aug 17)
Medical passed - ard 1 Sep 17
SA / AIP - 11 Aug 17
DM (Applicant) - ard 4 Dec 17
Telephone Landing invite - 12 Dec 17
(Feel free to ask but this is about as detailed as I can get :))

I am pretty sure that the Telephone Landing thing won't work out because I will not get my CoPR before the call.

FYI - they usually send an email giving you a time slot to see if you can take the call for Telephone Landing, which will usually be 6-7 days later. They willl mail you your CoPR after your response. Typically it takes at least 4 business days for a mail to be delivered cross province. It looks like I am not the only one who encounter these issues. Have a look at: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-got-an-email-from-ircc-for-telephonic-landing-after-getting-copr.529214/page-24

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I know right! Thank you so much!
Hello Profiler, your advice is needed on this please. So as I wrote yesterday that MyCIC account was updated but nothing new. Today too I saw it's been updated. I checked and it says medical passed. My medicals expired last month and it switched from medical passed to you do not need medical now. Today, it switched back to medical passed. Do you think I should find out from the call center if I actually do not need medicals?

Franco_ON

Dec 7, 2017
AOR received today January 08, 2016
App received December 08, 2015
Sorry but what AOR means? I did my application of sponsorship on papers with a work permit because I am living in canada with my common law! I got my application linked and I uploaded my schedule A and I did my electronic signature! What's the next step? Thanks for your time !

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Thanks will do
Way back when I had to go to an interview as well. Don't worry, it will be fine! In my case they were also wanting to find out , how good my English was..:) Best of luck!

Reactions: Illegal÷alien

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Medical I am not surprised about -- but congrats just the same :).

Check ECAS in the morning. Just...trust me on this. I have a hunch....

*USUALLY* when you see some movement, esp. after a medical request .. there might be a change ;)
No change yet.. Santa is waiting for Christmas Eve..:)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Profiler, your advice is needed on this please. So as I wrote yesterday that MyCIC account was updated but nothing new. Today too I saw it's been updated. I checked and it says medical passed. My medicals expired last month and it switched from medical passed to you do not need medical now. Today, it switched back to medical passed. Do you think I should find out from the call center if I actually do not need medicals?
Sounds like a systems glitch. You can try to call them tomorrow to ask. But I am not sure it's a big deal right now...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler !
Can you tell me how can i apply for PRTD outside Canada ? Thank you so much !
I have never had to do it, so I really can't. Google: cic pr travel document. Or better yet, since you can't apply until you have landed, ask the landing officer for details....

Reactions: Hannah0511

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sorry but what AOR means? I did my application of sponsorship on papers with a work permit because I am living in canada with my common law! I got my application linked and I uploaded my schedule A and I did my electronic signature! What's the next step? Thanks for your time !
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt. That's the date they acknowledge there is an application. You get a letter stating such.