+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Yeah, exactly!

I am wondering if anyone has had success in rescheduling their telephone landing ahead of the call? Rather than waiting until they are on the call to say they haven't gotten their COPR.

I'm trying to decide if I should see if I get the COPR by Thursday morning (hahaha) or if I don't whether I call up ahead of my call and ask to reschedule?
Well. I don't know if this is feasible because they have given you the date and time, and if it doesn't work out for your schedule, you are out.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I live in Vancouver so I'm pretty sure my COPR won't arrive in time, even if it was sent out straight after my call with them. This time of year is busy for Canada Post too with holiday shopping/parcels and so they will be delayed also.
I live in Kelowna, but when I spoke to them a few weeks ago the agent told me they had printed mine and just waiting to mail it out. Hopefully I'll get it today because my interview is tomorrow morning

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
Got the passport and COPR !! few questions regarding telephone interview
  1. Dependent Kid required to attend the call
  2. Is there anything specific to declare on the funds from home country
  3. how to correct mistakes in COPR , regarding incorrect original entry date

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
just noticed that i only received COPR along with passport!! no instruction letter? will everyone get instruction letter

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I don't understand why they can't just reply to our confirmation email with a copy of our COPR and get us to print it out ahead of our call?

I am wondering whether now I know that my COPR won't arrive in time if I try to reschedule my telephone landing appointment?
because it is official government letter, I guess.
I think in your case, it's worth to try to reschedule your telephone interview. they send CoPR by regular mail which takes 4 business days between provinces(excluding the day of mailing) according to the canadapost website.
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=when_will_my_mail_ar&cattype=kb&cat=sending&subcat=generalinformation

Reactions: TempResident

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys, same as others (@jman25 @snowflake16 etc) on this forum, I received a telephone landing interview invite on Dec 11th even though my PR application is still in process.

I replied YES to the email and didn't get any reply or updates from them until Dec 11th when an agent called me to do the interview!!! I told her that I do not have the COPR yet. She acknowledged that a lot of people do not have their COPR's yet (CanadaPost usually experiences big delays over the holidays) and when I receive it, just send it back to them and I'll have to the landing process as normal. :(

Of course, 15 minutes after the call, the mailman arrives with my COPR! :mad:

I called the Case Officer back and left a voice mail to hopefully reschedule the phone interview but I haven't heard from her yet so I guess I am gonna send the COPR back as she had initially instructed. I think I'll wait another day or 2 to send the COPR back though in case the Case Officer does re-schedule a phone interview.

On the positive side though, I guess I could consider myself PR now?? My CIC account still says "...background check in progress.." though....

Reactions: BlueP

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Hey guys, same as others (@jman25 @snowflake16 etc) on this forum, I received a telephone landing interview invite on Dec 11th even though my PR application is still in process.

I replied YES to the email and didn't get any reply or updates from them until Dec 11th when an agent called me to do the interview!!! I told her that I do not have the COPR yet. She acknowledged that a lot of people do not have their COPR's yet (CanadaPost usually experiences big delays over the holidays) and when I receive it, just send it back to them and I'll have to the landing process as normal. :(

I called the Case Officer back and left a voice mail to hopefully reschedule the phone interview but I haven't heard from her yet so I guess I am gonna send the COPR back as she had initially instructed. I think I'll wait another day or 2 to send the COPR back though in case the Case Officer does re-schedule a phone interview.

On the positive side though, I guess I could consider myself PR now?? My CIC account still says "...background check in progress.." though....
Ah that is the worst, I'm sorry!

Can I ask what date your email came and which province you are in?

I am dying to go home to check my mail. My call is in about 15 hours. :(

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017

I got the phone call without receiving the COPR today too. I specifically asked him whether I should send it back or not. However, the agent told me to hold the COPR when I receive it. DO NOT send it back. Someone else will call me. If they schedule again(either phone or physical landing) after they receive the COPR, how could the agent tell me to hold it. Things are getting really confusing.

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
I got the phone call without receiving the COPR today too. I specifically asked him whether I should send it back or not. However, the agent told me to hold the COPR when I receive it. DO NOT send it back. Someone else will call me. If they schedule again(either phone or physical landing) after they receive the COPR, how could the agent tell me to hold it. Things are getting really confusing.
The plot thickens once again. I'm imagining, in an office in Montreal somewhere, a supervisor frantically rushing in with a new rule change every other hour while a bunch of call agents are on the phone looking confused.

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017
The plot thickens once again. I'm imagining, in an office in Montreal somewhere, a supervisor frantically rushing in with a new rule change every other hour while a bunch of call agents are on the phone looking confused.
My call was at 10:30 PST. I guess I will call IRCC once I receive the COPR and see what they say...

Reactions: sv100 and jman25

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

yes it is safe to say because they only invite applicants whose application have been approved! congrats!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pilot-project-confirm-selected-in-Canada-permanent-residents-telephone.html?_ga=2.180813415.1732747268.1512580462-1080755852.1496349218

Reactions: summitseries

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Just got my COPR! For reference, received the email on the 6th, responded the same day and my interview is on the 14th and I'm in Toronto. Hopefully everyone receives theirs soon!
congrats! same date, same location but I haven't received mine yet. hopefully tmrw!!!! when was your letter sent?(like the stamp on your envelop)

boppity

Dec 11, 2017
congrats! same date, same location but I haven't received mine yet. hopefully tmrw!!!! when was your letter sent?(like the stamp on your envelop)
Sent on the 8th - probably after the 48 hours for everyone to confirm their appointment time period was over?

Reactions: BlueP