+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
How do you give them pictures? It's new, as the email said. It's cool, so try it out and tell us!
Ah...Never thought of that. Guess they wont need it anymore and will just use the one I submitted with my application? I hope that's the case coz its always bloody expensive to take those immigration photos.

drei_pen

May 26, 2015
Unlikely the OWP program will end. Can you provide a link to that statement?

WRT your study permit: it's uncertain. I doubt it's a big deal. Just don't lie about it. They might ask. Yes you can have more than one permit.
This one right here it says it's extended until December 21, 2017

https://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/ircc-confirms-extension-open-work-permit-pilot-program-sponsored-spouses-partners-in-canada-128747.html#gs.4z1TlY8

I had everything declared too. I was just unsure if they are not going to extend this pilot program again. But if they wont hopefully they receive my application before this date.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
This one right here it says it's extended until December 21, 2017

https://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/ircc-confirms-extension-open-work-permit-pilot-program-sponsored-spouses-partners-in-canada-128747.html#gs.4z1TlY8

I had everything declared too. I was just unsure if they are not going to extend this pilot program again. But if they wont hopefully they receive my application before this date.
Oh, yeah, ignore that -- it's not a CIC site. I did check and they are still accepting work permits (including open work permits). These are submitted via the same place -- and same place for the paperwork to fill out. No news at all there about cancellation.

This is a recurring question since 2014 for folks here. They renew it every year since 2014. It's a cash cow for them, because people were just applying outland and staying in Canada on visitor visas. This way, they make a little more cash from the case. I cannot see this ever being terminated.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys! After months of reading this thread I might be able to bring in something new! I got this email from IRCC literally 5 minutes ago. Is it normal?

We have selected you to be part of a new initiative that allows you to confirm your permanent residency via telephone. This new method allows you to obtain your permanent resident status without the need to physically go to a local IRCC office for an appointment.

Details:
Your interview will last approximately 15 minutes and is scheduled to take place on December 18th 2017 between 12:30p.m. and 3:30p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Please note that this interview is only possible if you are inside Canada and if your sponsor is with you when we will call you.

If this date or time does not fit your schedule:
  • Please disregard this email.
If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled an interview at a local office, please disregard this email.

If this date and time does fit into your schedule:
  • Please Respond within 48 hours to this email (email address) to confirm your availability.
  • Should you respond after 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
  • Once you have confirmed your availability, your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) will be sent to you by mail with further instructions.
  • During the timeslot for your interview, please ensure you have a quiet space, your CoPR, your valid passport and a black pen.
  • If there is more than one person on your application and they are physically located in Canada, please ensure they are with you for the interview.
In your response, you must provide the information requested in the table below:

First name
Last name
Application number
Address
Telephone number in Canada
Language preference
Do you have a valid passport in your possession?
Do you want to add new dependents in your application?

Quite interesting to see this actually because I have always imagined my landing to be in a landing office!
Wow sounds really cool, hopefully a new tactic in the coming months for inlanders!

drei_pen

May 26, 2015
Oh, yeah, ignore that -- it's not a CIC site. I did check and they are still accepting work permits (including open work permits). These are submitted via the same place -- and same place for the paperwork to fill out. No news at all there about cancellation.

This is a recurring question since 2014 for folks here. They renew it every year since 2014. It's a cash cow for them, because people were just applying outland and staying in Canada on visitor visas. This way, they make a little more cash from the case. I cannot see this ever being terminated.

What a relief! I will be updating my application after I submit it this week.

You guys are a great help! Thank You! :)

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Wow sounds really cool, hopefully a new tactic in the coming months for inlanders!
Actually I already have a concern - the email sounds like it came from ON (given the EST reference). Then it talks about how they will mail me my CoPR when I confirm my availability for the call. National mail takes 4 days to arrive (excluding the mailing day), meaning that I probably will not have the CoPR before my call.

Now I wonder what's that black pen for (they requested that I have a black pen during the call) because it is unlikely that I will have the CoPR to sign on by then.

Quite odd.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Actually I already have a concern - the email sounds like it came from ON (given the EST reference). Then it talks about how they will mail me my CoPR when I confirm my availability for the call. National mail takes 4 days to arrive (excluding the mailing day), meaning that I probably will not have the CoPR before my call.

Now I wonder what's that black pen for (they requested that I have a black pen during the call) because it is unlikely that I will have the CoPR to sign on by then.

Quite odd.
Call and ask CIC.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
Hi guys! After months of reading this thread I might be able to bring in something new! I got this email from IRCC literally 5 minutes ago. Is it normal?

We have selected you to be part of a new initiative that allows you to confirm your permanent residency via telephone. This new method allows you to obtain your permanent resident status without the need to physically go to a local IRCC office for an appointment.

Details:
Your interview will last approximately 15 minutes and is scheduled to take place on December 18th 2017 between 12:30p.m. and 3:30p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Please note that this interview is only possible if you are inside Canada and if your sponsor is with you when we will call you.

If this date or time does not fit your schedule:
  • Please disregard this email.
If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled an interview at a local office, please disregard this email.

If this date and time does fit into your schedule:
  • Please Respond within 48 hours to this email (email address) to confirm your availability.
  • Should you respond after 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
  • Once you have confirmed your availability, your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) will be sent to you by mail with further instructions.
  • During the timeslot for your interview, please ensure you have a quiet space, your CoPR, your valid passport and a black pen.
  • If there is more than one person on your application and they are physically located in Canada, please ensure they are with you for the interview.
In your response, you must provide the information requested in the table below:

First name
Last name
Application number
Address
Telephone number in Canada
Language preference
Do you have a valid passport in your possession?
Do you want to add new dependents in your application?

Quite interesting to see this actually because I have always imagined my landing to be in a landing office!
I suggest you call IRCC to confirm the validity of the new program.
With all that's going on with scamming, it pays to double check.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Call and ask CIC.
Lol good point. Over the past couple months of trying to call them 1000 times and never got to speak to an agent that phone line was considered dead to me - but yup might as well try again to get more clarity. Thanks profiler!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Lol good point. Over the past couple months of trying to call them 1000 times and never got to speak to an agent that phone line was considered dead to me - but yup might as well try again to get more clarity. Thanks profiler!
Ask your MP then.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh yeh must be legit, I thought afterwards maybe it's some kind of phishing scam but obviously being on the website confirms it's legit.

With things like video calling I'm surprised they don't do it that way, they could ask for a skype username in the application forms.
The internet at a government office is reasonably easy to secure and to make sure it's available. End user broadband is considered "transient". So, who is responsible if the internet is out in your neighbourhood, or your ISP? Would that not be considered missing the appointment?

Reactions: beate1961

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
The internet at a government office is reasonably easy to secure and to make sure it's available. End user broadband is considered "transient". So, who is responsible if the internet is out in your neighbourhood, or your ISP? Would that not be considered missing the appointment?
I guess, but then maybe telephone could be used as back up in such circumstances if contact could not be made via video calling?

Mind if things have to be signed I don't understand how it can be done remotely? I guess you have to mail signed stuff back to them??...then you're at the mercy of the postal system...think would prefer to go into an office for more peace of mind lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I guess, but then maybe telephone could be used as back up in such circumstances if contact could not be made via video calling?

Mind if things have to be signed I don't understand how it can be done remotely? I guess you have to mail signed stuff back to them??...then you're at the mercy of the postal system...think would prefer to go into an office for more peace of mind lol
I think the office is the safest bet -- because you are required to sign your COPR.

Reactions: beate1961