+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
Don't worry about it. They will book your landing within 8 weeks of receipt of that notice (usually 4 for London). You can't have any "Permits" or "Visas" after you land -- a PR doesn't need them. So, it's just a needless waste. They probably wouldn't even approve them.

You can land without status. So, even if the permit expires, it will all be fine :).

Congrats, btw!
that's a relief! I was worried about landing after the 10th of Jan. The London office has been receiving many refugee cases as well so I was planning for a delay in our interview and wanted to double check about landing without status, even though his passport is renewed and ready to go. Thank you @profiler !

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
that's a relief! I was worried about landing after the 10th of Jan. The London office has been receiving many refugee cases as well so I was planning for a delay in our interview and wanted to double check about landing without status, even though his passport is renewed and ready to go. Thank you @profiler !
Yeah at this point they likely won't issue any permits. So it would likely just be a waste. Make sure the new PP bio page has been sent to CIC, and if not, do it via IRCC web form (and call them to advise it's been updated). They issue the landing document on the PPN...so this is a key step.

Otherwise, I would just relax, have a good Christmas and New Year, and let it all happen :).

Reactions: Mimit34

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
Yeah at this point they likely won't issue any permits. So it would likely just be a waste. Make sure the new PP bio page has been sent to CIC, and if not, do it via IRCC web form (and call them to advise it's been updated). They issue the landing document on the PPN...so this is a key step.

Otherwise, I would just relax, have a good Christmas and New Year, and let it all happen :).
yup, done it already. They were actually waiting for us to renew it and right after sending it in, ecas changed to DM, thankfully :) Thank you, I wish the same for you and your family! I will let you all know with the next round of updates lol

Reactions: esjen and profiler

mitulpatel

Jun 30, 2016
lol Hi ya OLD friend, and your right I just got OLDER back on the 11th,, BUT the trick is I stopped having birthdays many years ago ROFL... Are you and your other half done yet??? I know yall been at this a long time...

I think that's what I just looked at,, and Its on the wife's side,, mine side says basically the exact same thing... REMEMBER I have that SO CALLED Lawyer so we don't get anything mailed to us and she is worthless to get info from... anyway this is what ECAS SHOWS
it shows this
  1. We received your application to sponsor "my name" on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2017.
Then it also says this

On-Line Services
Permanent Residence
  1. We received "MY NAME" application for permanent residence on March 3, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
AND THATS IT not much info lol

Hey so you haven't received anything accept medical? I applied in June 2016 and i see the excat thing what you see.

Thanks

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone, I am back once again! I have great news :) ecas changed to decision made on both sides on October 30th and my husband (the applicant) received his decision made letter via email on Nov. 16th and said that the London office will contact us for finalizing the application. My question is, my husband is on an OWP right now which expires Jan. 10, 2018. Are we supposed to extend it now, apply again, or what do we do? Can he land with an expired work permit? We have not heard from them about an interview date yet (it has been 4 weeks since DM) and if we were to apply for an extension to his OWP, I guess we MUST do it now. I am so lost :(
any ideas?
Congrats on your DM! and I agree with what @profiler already told you!

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi all, can anyone explain me how to check the status from Sponsor side.. im the applicant and my husband is the sponsor, i can check mine thro cic website... how do i go about sponsor side status. ?

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Hi guys;
Finally we have received PR approval letter today 1st Dec. Our timeline is as follow:
- Application received by CIC on 16 June 2016
- SA & AIP received on 4 July 2017
- PR approval received 1 Dec 2017
- Waiting landing interview (Etobicoke)

It is gonna be outstanding CHRISTMAS. Good luck everybody.

mrihan

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I just saw decision made on my wife ecas 2 days back. Still did not get any email for approval or any sort. Any idea what and when to expect the next follow up. Thanks in advance guys. I am the sponsor

Reactions: esjen and sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi all, can anyone explain me how to check the status from Sponsor side.. im the applicant and my husband is the sponsor, i can check mine thro cic website... how do i go about sponsor side status. ?
Just go here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
Than if you have the UCI of the sponsor, use it. Otherwise, you must already have the application number. Then family name of your husband, date of birth of your husband and his place of birth. By logging in as the sponsor, you will see both sides.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys;
Finally we have received PR approval letter today 1st Dec. Our timeline is as follow:

Congratulations! I don't want to lower your joy, but the landing is likely still 8-9 weeks away (apparently the current timeline from DM to landing in Etobicoke office). However, you can certainly celebrate, the end of your journey is coming soon!

Reactions: sunset66_71

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello,
I just saw decision made on my wife ecas 2 days back. Still did not get any email for approval or any sort. Any idea what and when to expect the next follow up. Thanks in advance guys. I am the sponsor
Congratulations! That means it's done. The decision is made already and you are waiting for a landing invitation. An official DM letter should be sent to your wife, but a lot of people don't receive the letter or receive it with a lot of delay. Anyway, depending on your location, you can expect your wife to receive the landing invitation in 2-9 weeks from the day you saw decision made on ECAS.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys;

Congrats! Etobicoke is 9 weeks wait right now

Reactions: sunset66_71

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Stable or not, it won't matter. For Family Class sponsorships, there is no demand problem. Really they are looking for: TB (chest x-ray), HIV (which they still permit, but I think there is a special clause), Syphilis (which the doc finds via blood test, and starts treating immediately), etc. Stroke, heart, etc; no issue.

I am glad to hear he is recovering! My dad had a stroke as a result of a special syndrome (who's name escapes me). The clot is lodged within his brainstem. My mom is an RPN with decades of time working with stroke victims. She was on him immediately to start relearning. So, present day, the risk of stroke or issue from the previous event is near zero. He has regained everything. Mentally, he gets overwhelmed by crowds and traffic. Otherwise, nothing lasting.

So, really, don't worry at all. You're still on the right timeline, and the medical won't be a big deal. Promise :)
I guess I must have worried too much as I ended up with strep throat. Great fun! Not..:( It's reassuring to hear that Gabe's stroke won't be much of an issue. So sorry to hear that your dad went through this as well. How old was ?
I just wish I would be able to link my paper application. Whenever I try doing so, it tells me that my application does not exist. It certainly does, as it is on ECAS. i would love to see the details but, alas no matter what I do, it is not working..There must be some misinformation somewhere.... grrrr. They made a mistake themselves stating that his country of birth is the USA, which it isn't , Suffice to day I entered it the proper way.. I tried everything. Beyond frustrating...:)
I will just sit back and enjoy the Christmas season and also renew his visitor's visa..
Thank you so much for all your advice.