IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for the response, looks like i was not able to explain you my Question properly, let me try again,
Let say for example i called for interview on 15-Dec-2017, so now question is what they will do at interview ? will they take my passport and will send me Landing paper along with passport or they will give me landing paper right away? If they are giving me landing paper than still i need to cross the border for example rainbow bridge or anywhere(outside Canada) to meet immigration officer and he will complete my landing and apply for PR card at that time or my PR card will going to apply on the day of interview?
thanks in advance
I did answer exactly these questions already.

You've been watching outlands, not inlands. Outlands get a PPR, and are sent their passports back with COPR. They take it to a port of entry to land.

Inland is not like this, AT ALL.

They send landing invite. You attend. They sign your COPR (they generate there) right then and there. All your previous Canadian Visas are invalidated. You walk out exactly the same as if you went to the Port of Entry for Outland. The COPR is done, get a SIN and health insurance. Then 60 days later a PR Card comes. They submit your first application for you at landing.

Accompanying family overseas get a PPR and their COPR paperwork, just as outlands do, to take to a port of entry.

Note: ALL previous visas are INVALIDATED when you land. If you leave Canada without a PR Card, you may not be able to transit back. As I previously posted in response to your follow up query. Visas for PR are illegal. Thus become invalid as soon as you land.

Last edited:

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
I did answer exactly these questions already.

You've been watching outlands, not inlands. Outlands get a PPR, and are sent their passports back with COPR. They take it to a port of entry to land.

Inland is not like this, AT ALL.

They send landing invite. You attend. They sign your COPR (they generate there) right then and there. All your previous Canadian Visas are invalidated. You walk out exactly the same as if you went to the Port of Entry for Outland. The COPR is done, get a SIN and health insurance. Then 60 days later a PR Card comes. They submit your first application for you at landing.

Accompanying family overseas get a PPR and their COPR paperwork, just as outlands do, to take to a port of entry.

Note: ALL previous visas are INVALIDATED when you land. If you leave Canada without a PR Card, you may not be able to transit back. As I previously posted in response to your follow up query. Visas for PR are illegal. Thus become invalid as soon as you land.
Got it thanks for update,
can i postpone my interview by chance?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Got it thanks for update,
can i postpone my interview by chance?
Yes, you can. Make sure the visitor visa (if required to visit Canada) is still valid. You cannot use an OWP to enter Canada.

If you land, you can also request a PRTD overseas, if you don't yet have your PR Card when you leave.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Yes, you can. Make sure the visitor visa (if required to visit Canada) is still valid. You cannot use an OWP to enter Canada.

If you land, you can also request a PRTD overseas, if you don't yet have your PR Card when you leave.[/QUOT
Thank you, can i go outside Canada via flight based on multiple entry visa after interview and between PR card to come? or they wont allow me to re-enter if i dont have PR card and by only having multiple visa based on open work permit?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you, can i go outside Canada via flight based on multiple entry visa after interview and between PR card to come? or they wont allow me to re-enter if i dont have PR card and by only having multiple visa based on open work permit?
As I said, as soon as you land, and the COPR is signed by you and by a CIC Officer, the conditions for which you were granted the visitor visa have changed (Residency). This invalidates that visa immediately.

In your scenario, you will not be permitted to fly back to Canada, unless you get your PR Card, or you order a PRTD overseas (that does take time to get).

Last edited:

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
As I said, as soon as you land, and the COPR is signed by you and by a CIC Officer, the conditions for which you were granted the visitor visa have changed (Residency). This invalidates that visa immediately.

In your scenario, you will not be permitted to fly back to Canada, unless you get your PR Card, or you order a PRTD overseas (that does take time to get).[/Q
Thanks for all info,
I am staying in Milton Ontario, any idea which interview office will come? Mississauga/Hamilton or Etobicoke? usually how many weeks it take to schedule interview after decision made? after applying PR card how many days it will take to come?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for all info,
I am staying in Milton Ontario, any idea which interview office will come? Mississauga/Hamilton or Etobicoke? usually how many weeks it take to schedule interview after decision made? after applying PR card how many days it will take to come?
I was born at Milton Hospital. I grew up there. The TOWN was 20,000 people way back when...

Milton is about the same distance to either CIC office. Which office is determined by postal code and distance.

If you get Etobicoke, it's 9 weeks to landing, from last we heard. Hamilton is 2-8 weeks (though I think it's faster).

About PR Card, I will say again. They apply for you immediately when you land. You will get the card in about 60 days.

Reactions: Cshah123

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
I was born at Milton Hospital. I grew up there. The TOWN was 20,000 people way back when...

Milton is about the same distance to either CIC office. Which office is determined by postal code and distance.

If you get Etobicoke, it's 9 weeks to landing, from last we heard. Hamilton is 2-8 weeks (though I think it's faster).

About PR Card, I will say again. They apply for you immediately when you land. You will get the card in about 60 days.
thank you !

Reactions: profiler

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017

Hi,
Do you have any idea before how many days CIC will give heads up for interview?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
Do you have any idea before how many days CIC will give heads up for interview?
The interview invitation email is usually at least 7 days in advance of. If they are trying to get you in urgently, they will usually call.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Heads up, if your hearing fails, you now have a huge problem. I can't believe your lawyer would permit such a thing.. but I'm no lawyer, so, please ignore my befuddled response. If you want context as to what I say, review public policy (Appendix A) in IP-8 (Google CIC ip8). Then read the rest. You'll see.

I hope it works out for the best, in any event.

Yes they can choose to extend medicals for refugee claims
Thank you profiler for your valuble information. And i discuss with my lawyer and he told me if i have refused my claim we would go for appeal up to federal court wch takes a year minmum before they put me deportaion/removal order and in the mean time if i get AIP i would restor status...that is what he told me so far.
How is that? Sound feasible?
Thank you very much again!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you profiler for your valuble information. And i discuss with my lawyer and he told me if i have refused my claim we would go for appeal up to federal court wch takes a year minmum before they put me deportaion/removal order and in the mean time if i get AIP i would restor status...that is what he told me so far.
How is that? Sound feasible?
Thank you very much again!
I believe that's an incredible waste of legal funds. As a refugee, I thought you already had a deferred removal order -- when you file your claim, I thought you had to sign one of those too.

WRT legal funds -- you may not be paying it out of pocket, but the taxpayers are paying for your lawyer to continue representing you.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
My lawyer just informed me that we received our landing interview for December 7th in Etobicoke (yay)! Unfortunately, my passport is still with my Consulate for renewal (I had to send it in to the High Commission in Ottawa for renewal and they said it takes 6-8 weeks since they ship it back to my home country). We are at the 6-week mark right now but since I have no official word on the renewal status we will have to request another date for the landing interview unfortunately.

Does this reflect poorly on our application in any way? Also, what exactly happens during a landing interview?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My lawyer just informed me that we received our landing interview for December 7th in Etobicoke (yay)! Unfortunately, my passport is still with my Consulate for renewal (I had to send it in to the High Commission in Ottawa for renewal and they said it takes 6-8 weeks since they ship it back to my home country). We are at the 6-week mark right now but since I have no official word on the renewal status we will have to request another date for the landing interview unfortunately.

Does this reflect poorly on our application in any way? Also, what exactly happens during a landing interview?
Congrats. reflect poorly, no. Delay your landing, absolutely.

Your lawyer (or you) needs to advise CIC and have your landing delayed. You must have a valid passport, that CIC has on file, to land. They generate the COPR based on the PPN. So, when you get your new passport, you will need to send the new bio page to CIC via IRCC web form (and I would call them to advise it has been sent). Then you can land with the new passport.

Landings are like getting a drivers license. They ask a couple simple questions (any children anywhere that are not included in the application; have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere; have you been denied entry to Canada or anywhere, etc). You review the details on the COPR, you sign, they sign, they welcome you to Canada. You can ask questions at this point. Once done, you head off to get a new permanent SIN and health care insurance. Then, of course, party.

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Congrats. reflect poorly, no. Delay your landing, absolutely.

Your lawyer (or you) needs to advise CIC and have your landing delayed. You must have a valid passport, that CIC has on file, to land. They generate the COPR based on the PPN. So, when you get your new passport, you will need to send the new bio page to CIC via IRCC web form (and I would call them to advise it has been sent). Then you can land with the new passport.

Landings are like getting a drivers license. They ask a couple simple questions (any children anywhere that are not included in the application; have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere; have you been denied entry to Canada or anywhere, etc). You review the details on the COPR, you sign, they sign, they welcome you to Canada. You can ask questions at this point. Once done, you head off to get a new permanent SIN and health care insurance. Then, of course, party.
Thank you so much for all your help, Profiler! Here's hoping I get my passport soon and can land shortly after!