07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
HEllo everybody! I just got a message in my fic account. It says the following:

“ It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. “

What does that mean? Is this the so called AIP?
Congratulations on your AIP!

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
I do not believe they will even issue a visa to your daughter, as she is PR imminent. Having a visa is "illegal" for PR's, as they are not required. You technically do not require valid status for landing. They land a PR's without it.

SO, if she is attending school, I would just advise the school that she is about to land, and there isn't any real reason to extend the visa for now. If they demand it, well, then just put the application in. Supply the proof to them that you filed it before the expiry of her present visa, and she will be considered "implied" status. To be honest, I doubt they would even baulk at it. But if they do, CIC likely won't process the application before she lands anyway.
Thank you Profiler. Appreciate the advice. The school never asked for a copy of her visa to begin with. I just wanted to stay legal and didn't want to be on the wrong side of the law. By any chance could a "Decision Made" also mean a rejection or a request for an interview or anything else besides an acceptance?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler. Appreciate the advice. The school never asked for a copy of her visa to begin with. I just wanted to stay legal and didn't want to be on the wrong side of the law. By any chance could a "Decision Made" also mean a rejection or a request for an interview or anything else besides an acceptance?
Given that you didn't report any procedural fairness letter, it's positive.

There is an interview. But it's like getting a driver's license.

Many land with lapsed status. It's not an issue.

Djwaters1985

Oct 30, 2015
Hi all,
So since june 2016 when i applied ive got all of my info from the website login as i was unable to link it with mycic.
I never got any of the AIP notifications or whatever other acronyms people on here talk about.
Anyhow, it says decision made! Im assuming that means approved? Seems im married to a canadian citizen..?
I have a majot health condition which a lawyer told me would be a np issue seems im married but im anxious as hell and cant wait for the mail to arrive so has anybody had any issues? And what should i expect now?

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all,
So since june 2016 when i applied ive got all of my info from the website login as i was unable to link it with mycic.
I never got any of the AIP notifications or whatever other acronyms people on here talk about.
Anyhow, it says decision made! Im assuming that means approved? Seems im married to a canadian citizen..?
I have a majot health condition which a lawyer told me would be a np issue seems im married but im anxious as hell and cant wait for the mail to arrive so has anybody had any issues? And what should i expect now?
Congrats. You would have known before now if there was issues. They will send a "procedural fairness" letter, giving you the last chance to correct your file.

You will get your DM letter (eventually). You will also get an invitation letter to a landing interview. This is like getting a driver's license. Answer some very simple (not trick) questions, review and sign the COPR there, and you're done. Off to get your permanent SIN and update your provincial/territorial health insurance. And, of course, party!

No need to be nervous at all. Excited is better :).

Reactions: beate1961

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Likewise! But you'll remember ;)
I started my preparation for Christmas dinner already. . . . should I live to see it. I will be eating one of Santa's deee:p maybe Bambi
So since I got to make an impression I may spend time ensuring everybody enjoy this meal. . . . so should I forget . . . please understand
Lol
How is it going?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Well thank you. You?

Djwaters1985

Oct 30, 2015
Thanks profiler! Thats releived some nerves a bit! Yaaaaay!

Congrats. You would have known before now if there was issues. They will send a "procedural fairness" letter, giving you the last chance to correct your file.

You will get your DM letter (eventually). You will also get an invitation letter to a landing interview. This is like getting a driver's license. Answer some very simple (not trick) questions, review and sign the COPR there, and you're done. Off to get your permanent SIN and update your provincial/territorial health insurance. And, of course, party!

No need to be nervous at all. Excited is better :).

Djwaters1985

Oct 30, 2015
Also, my application says id be living in ontario (as i had been.) Will that impede on my potential move to NS or PEI in the spring?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Also, my application says id be living in ontario (as i had been.) Will that impede on my potential move to NS or PEI in the spring?
You will land within 9 weeks (is my guess). If you are moving before you get your PR Card (60 days after that) you might want to have Canada Post forward your mail (I think it's $30). Notify CIC as well, but in the case they send it to your old address...

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
I sponsored my wife in December 2016. She received her OWP in March 2017 and she started working since June. Her OWP is valid until June 2018. She has been employed for the last 6 months. We haven't informed CIC about her employment. We were requested to provide the medicals in November and apart from this, there were no updates or AIP approvals. Do you think we should inform CIC that she is currently working and send them supporting documents like offer letter, paystubs? Will this make any difference? If so, can we use the IRCC Web form to provide this information to CIC? Please advise.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I sponsored my wife in December 2016. She received her OWP in March 2017 and she started working since June. Her OWP is valid until June 2018. She has been employed for the last 6 months. We haven't informed CIC about her employment. We were requested to provide the medicals in November and apart from this, there were no updates or AIP approvals. Do you think we should inform CIC that she is currently working and send them supporting documents like offer letter, paystubs? Will this make any difference? If so, can we use the IRCC Web form to provide this information to CIC? Please advise.
Nope. Not required. You can have an OWP and not work (you still get worker status though). If they were really interested, they could ask CRA for information. They are coming up to your timeline for processing. So any time now!

Reactions: JB0405

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Nope. Not required. You can have an OWP and not work (you still get worker status though). If they were really interested, they could ask CRA for information. They are coming up to your timeline for processing. So any time now!
Fingers Crossed. Thanks Profiler! Much Appreciated.

Reactions: profiler

JF91

Oct 16, 2017
Hi guys, just got my invitation to land today after 8 weeks of DM!

Timeline
July 26 2016 - application received
April 11 2017 - Police certificate
June 26 2017 - Medical
October 12 2017 - DM
December 7 2017 - Landing invitation for the following week