+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Hannah0511

Jan 9, 2017
9 weeks right now. So they probably won't contact you before, unfortunately. If you still have an entry visa, you should be ok. Just travel with your DM letter.
My visa still valid until 11/2018, but I go 2months, that’s why. if 9 weeks right now, I have to cancel my ticket. :(
Thank you so much for your reply!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
When I pay RPRF online, should I submit the receipt through the webform?
Just print the pdf, and bring the printed copy to your landing interview.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My visa still valid until 11/2018, but I go 2months, that’s why. if 9 weeks right now, I have to cancel my ticket. :(
Thank you so much for your reply!!
Can you reschedule for March/April?

Then for sure you will have landed, and the 60 days to get your PR card will have passed .

See, a PR cannot possess a Canadian VISA/Permit -- it's unnecessary. So when you land, they become invalid....

The alternative is to delay landing. When they send you your invitation, reply and let them know your return date..

Hannah0511

Jan 9, 2017
Can you reschedule for March/April?

Then for sure you will have landed, and the 60 days to get your PR card will have passed .

See, a PR cannot possess a Canadian VISA/Permit -- it's unnecessary. So when you land, they become invalid....

The alternative is to delay landing. When they send you your invitation, reply and let them know your return date..
I can’t off my work that month. So can I change my ticket to the end of January and come back on March 14th? Is that possible?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I can’t off my work that month. So can I change my ticket to the end of January and come back on March 14th? Is that possible?
You'd need to delay landing, in that case. Otherwise, if they did get you in to land, you'd be without a valid entry permit (so you couldn't board a plane to Canada).

The visitor to PR Card is a tricky time. But only happens once, for ~61 days.

We're in Kitchener region. My wife got her card 62 days after landing. So, GTA would be about the same.

If the work time off could be changed, then I would wait to leave until you land and have your Card. It makes the airport visit way easier/shorter.

Reactions: Hannah0511

Hannah0511

Jan 9, 2017
You'd need to delay landing, in that case. Otherwise, if they did get you in to land, you'd be without a valid entry permit (so you couldn't board a plane to Canada).

The visitor to PR Card is a tricky time. But only happens once, for ~61 days.

We're in Kitchener region. My wife got her card 62 days after landing. So, GTA would be about the same.

If the work time off could be changed, then I would wait to leave until you land and have your Card. It makes the airport visit way easier/shorter.
Okay, I understand. Thank you so much for your help!!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Okay, I understand. Thank you so much for your help!!
If you do land and leave, you can pay $50 at a Canadian visa centre/embassy outside of Canada to get a PR Travel Document (PRTD). If you do this, make sure you have your COPR paper with you when you leave...and ask the landing officer how it works!

Reactions: Hannah0511

Hannah0511

Jan 9, 2017
If you do land and leave, you can pay $50 at a Canadian visa centre/embassy outside of Canada to get a PR Travel Document (PRTD). If you do this, make sure you have your COPR paper with you when you leave...and ask the landing officer how it works!
Okay, Sure . I will.
Thank you so so much !

Reactions: profiler

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
hi i was wondering has anyone heard of a PR application being denied or refused? If so i was wondering why they were denied or refused PR approval.

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hi i was wondering has anyone heard of a PR application being denied or refused? If so i was wondering why they were denied or refused PR approval.

Thanks
Yes, it does happen. Usually something like: misrepresentation, not being a member of the class you are applying in, being an excluded member of the class, inadmissibility (criminality, etc), etc.

In the last 2 years that we were involved, I only saw 2 cases where it was refused, or a letter was sent out for misrepresentation. Otherwise, all the cases I have seen, have eventually been approved. To give you an idea of scale... I would hazard a guess at...maybe 2000 cases (that I have seen)?

Reactions: john1234

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Just print the pdf, and bring the printed copy to your landing interview.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be
granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as
possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on
how to pay this fee, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
When should I contact IRCC?
How long does normally take for the interview? it doesnt say anything about an interview on the letter? earlier payment make the processing faster?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
When I pay RPRF online, should I submit the receipt through the webform?
That's what I would do, but the important thing is to bring a copy at your landing interview.

Reactions: masouleht

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be
granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as
possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on
how to pay this fee, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
When should I contact IRCC?
How long does normally take for the interview? it doesnt say anything about an interview on the letter? earlier payment make the processing faster?
What is your ECAS show when logging as the sponsor? If you see decision made on both sides, then 2-9 weeks would be the timeframe for CIC to contact you for a landing appointment. However, if you don't see decision made on the principal applicant side, it still can take a few months before getting your DM. The time between AIP and DM is highly variable.

Reactions: masouleht

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I am back once again! I have great news :) ecas changed to decision made on both sides on October 30th and my husband (the applicant) received his decision made letter via email on Nov. 16th and said that the London office will contact us for finalizing the application. My question is, my husband is on an OWP right now which expires Jan. 10, 2018. Are we supposed to extend it now, apply again, or what do we do? Can he land with an expired work permit? We have not heard from them about an interview date yet (it has been 4 weeks since DM) and if we were to apply for an extension to his OWP, I guess we MUST do it now. I am so lost :(
any ideas?

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone, I am back once again! I have great news :) ecas changed to decision made on both sides on October 30th and my husband (the applicant) received his decision made letter via email on Nov. 16th and said that the London office will contact us for finalizing the application. My question is, my husband is on an OWP right now which expires Jan. 10, 2018. Are we supposed to extend it now, apply again, or what do we do? Can he land with an expired work permit? We have not heard from them about an interview date yet (it has been 4 weeks since DM) and if we were to apply for an extension to his OWP, I guess we MUST do it now. I am so lost :(
any ideas?
Don't worry about it. They will book your landing within 8 weeks of receipt of that notice (usually 4 for London). You can't have any "Permits" or "Visas" after you land -- a PR doesn't need them. So, it's just a needless waste. They probably wouldn't even approve them.

You can land without status. So, even if the permit expires, it will all be fine :).

Congrats, btw!