IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just popping in to see how things are going for a few people and saying hi ..and Waving to Profiler .. we are still hanging in and waiting waiting and waiting. We haven't heard a word since they received my Medical back in July.. I hate this waiting game lol,, We are guessing that we have SA , never heard yes or no on that,, I would be happy to get AIP then I would feel much better lol... Oh well, Ill just keep waiting and growing old and knocking off the cobb webs,,,

Merry Christmas to you all and Good luck to everyone !!!
What's goin' on old man??

You can check ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
Login as your wife. If you see DM on the Sponsorship application side, you have SA.

It's common to hear absolutely nothing. But don't worry. Almost all cases are happy endings (eventually)...

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Well, considering he had a refugee claim in, I will *assume* he doesn't have a work permit. If he doesn't, and he doesn't have a valid visitor permit, there would be a 1000% chance.

I wouldn't worry. If they ask for a passport, just work with them to resolve. No problems.
He does have a work permit, when you file for refugee claim they allow you to apply for a work permit for free. so it is an open work permit expires in may 2018.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
He does have a work permit, when you file for refugee claim they allow you to apply for a work permit for free. so it is an open work permit expires in may 2018.
I really wouldn't worry about it for now. But you can read up on PP here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf Pg 64-80. It does state there is a passport waiver, but that is not eligible for PP applications. So, you'd want to NOT be in PP, and they could grant a waiver (assuming they decided to process via H&C....but again...it's an interesting scenario that only CIC can work out with you).

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
What's goin' on old man??

You can check ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
Login as your wife. If you see DM on the Sponsorship application side, you have SA.

It's common to hear absolutely nothing. But don't worry. Almost all cases are happy endings (eventually)...
lol Hi ya OLD friend, and your right I just got OLDER back on the 11th,, BUT the trick is I stopped having birthdays many years ago ROFL... Are you and your other half done yet??? I know yall been at this a long time...

I think that's what I just looked at,, and Its on the wife's side,, mine side says basically the exact same thing... REMEMBER I have that SO CALLED Lawyer so we don't get anything mailed to us and she is worthless to get info from... anyway this is what ECAS SHOWS
it shows this
  1. We received your application to sponsor "my name" on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2017.
Then it also says this

On-Line Services
Permanent Residence
  1. We received "MY NAME" application for permanent residence on March 3, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
AND THATS IT not much info lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lol Hi ya OLD friend, and your right I just got OLDER back on the 11th,, BUT the trick is I stopped having birthdays many years ago ROFL...
Only older on the 11th? I get older every breath I take... What's your secret???

Are you and your other half done yet???
Done as in? PR? If so, ya May 5th. Submitted March 2nd 2016; AOR May 13th 2016.

I think that's what I just looked at,, and Its on the wife's side,, mine side says basically the exact same thing... REMEMBER I have that SO CALLED Lawyer so we don't get anything mailed to us and she is worthless to get info from... anyway this is what ECAS SHOWS
it shows this
  1. We received your application to sponsor "my name" on March 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 17, 2017.
Then it also says this

On-Line Services
Permanent Residence
  1. We received "MY NAME" application for permanent residence on March 3, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
AND THATS IT not much info lol
You 'murican's with your "SO CALLED"...soo cute :).
No SA yet then. Soon though. I wouldn't worry too much. In all honesty, I have only heard of one case since I have been here that was a refusal for inland. I have seen hundreds fly by with approvals. So, try to find a new hobby...I hear snow removal is fun ;)

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
@profiler @sylvain1 Is this AIP? received today
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.
Temporary Resident Status in Canada
You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally.
Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which allows you to remain in Canada
for the period of time specified on this document. This document may be in the form of a visitor
extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.
Although out-of-status spouses and common-law partners may now apply for permanent
residence in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class, persons without legal
immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to
have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.
Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit
If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow
you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study
permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational
institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which
you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms,
please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website
CONGRATS!

Reactions: masouleht

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I was wondering how long it is taking for PR applications to be approved? I applied in November 2017. . I did have to send other documents for my application. Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,
I was wondering how long it is taking for PR applications to be approved? I applied in November 2017. I did have to send other documents for my application. Any information would be helpful. Thank you
Nov 2016? Or Nov 2017???

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Only older on the 11th? I get older every breath I take... What's your secret???

Done as in? PR? If so, ya May 5th. Submitted March 2nd 2016; AOR May 13th 2016.

LMAO yes as in PR well congrats to you both.. I thought about how I worded that,, I see why you ask PR lol

You 'murican's with your "SO CALLED"...soo cute :).
No SA yet then. Soon though. I wouldn't worry too much. In all honesty, I have only heard of one case since I have been here that was a refusal for inland. I have seen hundreds fly by with approvals. So, try to find a new hobby...I hear snow removal is fun ;)
I'm not able to do snow removal,, for some reason my hands are to big to hold a shovel handle LMAOO . I'm a Florida Boy this cold up here in Barrie is kicking my arse brrrrrr we have had snow 3 times and I look out and say hmmmm nawww store can wait lol,,

It wouldn't be so bad if I could get some one to give me a job.. Nobody is hiring up here I cant go back to driving Trucks because Ontario wouldn't exchange my DL for there version of a Class A,, which is able to operate all class of vehicles, so I lost my Commercial License,, sucks but oh well.. I can go to Canada Truck driver school and get it that way, but that's 5 grand and I can teach them how to drive a truck... 40 years of Trucking no accidents and all out the window .. anyways enough of my being a cry baby lol.. Its always good to talk to you and again congrats on your wife's PR

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm not able to do snow removal,, for some reason my hands are to big to hold a shovel handle LMAOO . I'm a Florida Boy this cold up here in Barrie is kicking my arse brrrrrr we have had snow 3 times and I look out and say hmmmm nawww store can wait lol,,

It wouldn't be so bad if I could get some one to give me a job.. Nobody is hiring up here I cant go back to driving Trucks because Ontario wouldn't exchange my DL for there version of a Class A,, which is able to operate all class of vehicles, so I lost my Commercial License,, sucks but oh well.. I can go to Canada Truck driver school and get it that way, but that's 5 grand and I can teach them how to drive a truck... 40 years of Trucking no accidents and all out the window .. anyways enough of my being a cry baby lol.. Its always good to talk to you and again congrats on your wife's PR
Thanks. Yours is coming soon, too. Don't worry.

I knew you were from the south -- that's why the suggestion that you might like removing snow :). Barrie isn't THAT far north....

Can't you just get an A-Z via test? Oh -- there is a medical....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ops sorry I meant to say November 2016. I was wondering how long the process is taking for PR application. I had to send other documents a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks
You'll hear something usually 30-60 days from when you submitted your further docs.

Hannah0511

Jan 9, 2017
Hi all,
I just received an email from CIC for DM on November 16th. And said Etobicoke will contact me to arrange appointment for my PR. But I already booked ticket to VietNam on January 10th. I’m so nervous about that, I don’t know they will contact me before I go or no. Because I heard It will take up to 8 weeks. :(:(:(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all,
I just received an email from CIC for DM on November 16th. And said Etobicoke will contact me to arrange appointment for my PR. But I already booked ticket to VietNam on January 10th. I’m so nervous about that, I don’t know they will contact me before I go or no. Because I heard It will take up to 8 weeks. :(:(:(
9 weeks right now. So they probably won't contact you before, unfortunately. If you still have an entry visa, you should be ok. Just travel with your DM letter.

Reactions: Hannah0511

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Yes, congratulations! With that, you can now register to the health coverage of your province (RAMQ, OHIP,...).
So, what you sent as additional documents was enough to convince them.
When I pay RPRF online, should I submit the receipt through the webform?