05-MAY-2017
dimigago said:
OHIP yes, and SIN no because their system is not work today :/
but you can get all of that in the same day :D
Did you park at KPL too?

Delbas

Mar 25, 2017
profiler said:
Kitch is an hour from DT Toronto. Hour and 15 from the CN.

And no, I am not sure that they can redirect your landing. You can certainly ask, but I doubt they will allow it...
Thank you for your response @profiler.
You're right, they most likely will say no. Ugh, I'll try calling them on Monday :'(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Delbas said:
Thank you for your response @profiler.
You're right, they most likely will say no. Ugh, I'll try calling them on Monday :'(
I really hope they can do it for you.. You can also try the MP hammer. That might work?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
dimigago said:
Yes! Thanks for advice :D
You bet. There is enough B.S. to stress over on landing day. Esp. with LRT construction....

Anyway, Congrats, Welcome aboard...

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So update on my sis's case. Got request for Medicals ;D She didn't send it with her application because we figured it might take a while for the processing so that good news

We sent the application in May 12, 2016 and they started processing in June 3 FYI.

SC2VHL

Mar 29, 2017
dimigago said:
Hello people, I would like to share my experience from landing interview. I got permanent resident status confirmed, it was so easy and nice and it did not take more then 20 minutes. First they ask me for passport and PPRF, then I waited 10 minutes for the officer to call my name. When I got called, my sponsor and I entered the room. He asked me for passport, driver licence, other documents I got from CIC ( visitor visa, owp) and sponsor's driver licence and passport. He only asked me a couple of questions: Did I ever leave Canada since I came, Was I refused entry into Canada before, Do I have any dependents in Canada or abroad and that is it. Then he congratulated me on becoming a PR and told me my rights and obligations as a PR of Canada.
So happy its all over!
:D :D :D
awesome, grats! so what was it for u? me up front or requested? if so how long after me do you get dm?

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
Hey guys
I had applied for permanent resident for me(im living in alberta) and my wife and four children(living in kosovo) so vienna asked their passports a month ago and today we wrote them asking when can we expect the visas they replied saying 'we are awaiting the landing of F.G who needs to become a permanent resident fist.
My question when can i get the permanent resident i have send all the documents and i have passed the medical exam...?

Thanks

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Kosovo2016 said:
Hey guys
I had applied for permanent resident for me(im living in alberta) and my wife and four children(living in kosovo) so vienna asked their passports a month ago and today we wrote them asking when can we expect the visas they replied saying 'we are awaiting the landing of F.G who needs to become a permanent resident fist.
My question when can i get the permanent resident i have send all the documents and i have passed the medical exam...?

Thanks

Congradulations

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kosovo2016 said:
Hey guys

Thanks
Which class did you apply under? IEC? One of the skilled worker classes?

Sounds like, if you're already in Canada, and need to land as a PR, you might need to flagpole. Did they send you a COPR (confirmation of PR) yet?

englmperez

Jan 19, 2017
choyibear said:
Dec 16 applicant here. I got my open work permit (OWP) in mail on April 3rd! Hurray! It was approved online on Mar 30th.
I had to seek my MP's assistance this time. When they checked, my file was on hold because of "not having valid status". The truth is I have a visitor record! Apparently whoever was processing my file did not realize what was at stake for the applicants, and just left my file on the side with a comment that didn't make sense. With my MP's involvement, they approved my application within 2 days.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I called CIC before seeking MP's help, and was told I need to wait for SA before my OWP can be approved. This is apparently BS as I haven't got SA yet.
Congratulations on getting your OWP, I was looking at your profile and realised we have very similar processes (I also applied through PNP) but you are a few months ahead of me on this, can I ask you what MP is and where did you check that your OWP was approved, on My cic or you can do a follow up only for the OPW?

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
profiler said:
Which class did you apply under? IEC? One of the skilled worker classes?

Sounds like, if you're already in Canada, and need to land as a PR, you might need to flagpole. Did they send you a COPR (confirmation of PR) yet?
First i went to canada with a visa for work than I applied for permanent resident and they approved i took the travel document on September 2016 but waiting for permanent resident card

I have applied for permanent resident on January 21
They started processing it on April 29
And they have recived my medical exam

Yes im in canada right now hoping that my family will come soon..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kosovo2016 said:
First i went to canada with a visa for work than I applied for permanent resident and they approved i took the travel document on September 2016 but waiting for permanent resident card

I have applied for permanent resident on January 21
They started processing it on April 29
And they have recived my medical exam

Yes im in canada right now hoping that my family will come soon..
January 21 2017?