App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
zumbagirl said:
dear all,
on Friday we received the decision made notice by email.
Ecas shows decision made both for the applicant and the sponsor.
MyCIC shows nothing (only medical passed, everything else is "in process").
It has been a long wait, glad that we are nearing to the the completion of this stage of our immigration journey.
next is the landing interview then a few months waiting for the card. Then two years from now hope to see you all at the citizenship application forum!!!!!!
big thanks to the regular contributors, I have learned a lot on this forum!!!

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) [move] 8)[/
Congrats Zumbagirl

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Congrats Zumbagirl, you re almost home :)

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
profiler said:
Weird. What region are you in again? Maybe someone (the region you are in) is reporting that you have collected it, and they didn't close the file?? I would just bring a recent pay statement. Question answered.
PROFILER AM LIVING IN EDMONTON AND WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ON WELFARE .

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Looks like they may ask for a redo.. when does your medical expire?

We went a year as well with nothing. Then within 48h they claim to be ready for a DM once the medical is redone...
Not until november.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
muusehisman said:
PROFILER AM LIVING IN EDMONTON AND WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ON WELFARE .
The key word in that landing letter is 'if'. You haven't been on social assistance so there is no need to worry and nothing you need to bring.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
The key word in that landing letter is 'if'. You haven't been on social assistance so there is no need to worry and nothing you need to bring.
+1

Also bring irrefutable proof that no social assistance is being recieved... they can't say no then :D

BTW: Polar: you land yet??

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
zumbagirl said:
dear all,
It has been a long wait, glad that we are nearing to the the completion of this stage of our immigration journey.
next is the landing interview then a few months waiting for the card. Then two years from now hope to see you all at the citizenship application forum!!!!!!

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Congrats ZG! :D :D

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am currently working in Canada as a worker. With help from my beloved partner (We have been together for about 4 years) I have recently submitted in-land family sponsorship application to Ontario office, and they received my application on March 21. Now I am patiently waiting for AOR.

I have read through the guidelines for application and police check, yet I still have a few questions that I wasn't sure about police check certificate. I hope you guys would provide some good advices. Smiley I have recieved my police check certificate from my origin country, and I am going to apply for Canadian police check in the next few days before I get AOR. The police check from my origin country is in paper form with certificate translation and notarized document.

My question are

1) when I receive AOR, does everything CIC requested has to be done online? For example, I need to submit all certificates in electronic format? or I can send out my paper form of origin country police check to CIC? I did not include my origin country police check certificate in the paper application because they said "you do not have to provide certificate now".

2)I would like to hear advices from you guys when is a better time to apply for the Canadian police check certificate? Should I apply before I receive AOR to after AOR? Are there any things such as documents number that I need to provide when I apply for the police check certificate.

Thanks for you time to read my questions!

Cheers :)

Chrisdoney

Feb 21, 2017
zumbagirl said:
dear all,

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Congrats!!! ;) ;)

what is your timeline?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
+1

Also bring irrefutable proof that no social assistance is being recieved... they can't say no then :D

BTW: Polar: you land yet??
Negative. AIP, but they asked for another medical. I sent a scan of the eMedical from the one that I already did through a CSE and a note asking if it was sufficient. Same thing I did with the PCC months ago. I really have very little desire to subject myself to that ridiculous medical procedure again for no reason. If they reply and say that for sure I need another one, then I guess I'll have to do it, but until then I will assume that this is CIC's computer system automatically sending that request in error

I'll let you know what they say when they respond to the CSE - should hear back in the next week or so.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Chrisdoney said:
Congrats!!! ;) ;)

what is your timeline?

thank you all!! we are indeed very happy

our timeline:
app received January 25, 2016
acknowledged: March 24, 2016
OWP received: June 9, 2016
additional doc requested on June 14, 2016, sent a week later
new medical requested Jan 26 2017, and was submitted in Mid February
DM: March 25, 2017
landing: hopefully by end of April / mid May

we received no sponsorship approval, no AIP.

throughout the entire process the sponsor received no communication and the applicant received two (2) emails from CIC (one for the additional docs in June 2016 and now the decision made). The request for new medical was only posted on myCIC, no request email was sent... so check MyCIC time to time!!! (not be obsessive about it (as we were checking it daily) but once per week is probably a good idea)
myCIC still showing in progress, ECAS shows decision made. go figure....

our app was pretty straightforward, no family or financial issues. Most likely CIC has not spent more than a few hours on our file. It is still 1.5 years or so to go from submitting the app to getting the PR card which is joke.

keep the forum going, for us it was a lifeline during this year of waiting!!
ZumbaG

ps: for the life of me I could not wrap my head around why they cant print the PR card during the 1 year processing of the application, why on the earth we have wait another 2 months after the app is approved???? Experts, any ideas?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
thank you all!! we are indeed very happy

our timeline:
app received January 25, 2016
acknowledged: March 24, 2016
OWP received: June 9, 2016
additional doc requested on June 14, 2016, sent a week later
new medical requested Jan 26 2017, and was submitted in Mid February
DM: March 25, 2017
landing: hopefully by end of April / mid May

we received no sponsorship approval, no AIP.

throughout the entire process the sponsor received no communication and the applicant received two (2) emails from CIC (one for the additional docs in June 2016 and now the decision made). The request for new medical was only posted on myCIC, no request email was sent... so check MyCIC time to time!!! (not be obsessive about it (as we were checking it daily) but once per week is probably a good idea)
myCIC still showing in progress, ECAS shows decision made. go figure....

our app was pretty straightforward, no family or financial issues. Most likely CIC has not spent more than a few hours on our file. It is still 1.5 years or so to go from submitting the app to getting the PR card which is joke.

keep the forum going, for us it was a lifeline during this year of waiting!!
ZumbaG

ps: for the life of me I could not wrap my head around why they cant print the PR card during the 1 year processing of the application, why on the earth we have wait another 2 months after the app is approved???? Experts, any ideas?
Not an expert; have an idea.

Resources. Cost, time, manpower. 20% of cases are at higher risk to fail. How do they know which ones less they do an assessment. Now you're evaluating a case twice...