Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
They did apparently: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob633.asp . 8.a) :
"
a. Medical screening

Spouses and common-law partners who apply under the SCLPC and spouses, partners and dependent children who apply under the Family Class will not undergo an up-front medical examination. Medical instructions will be issued during the processing of the application.

IRCC will send a request through the online account (or via mail or email for those who do not create an online account) for the principal applicant (and family members, whether accompanying or not) to complete an immigration medical examination (IME) within 30 days. These medical instructions will be issued at an appropriate point after the application is accepted for processing and applicants must comply within 30 days. Failure to comply with this request within 30 days may result in the refusal of the application on the basis that the officer is not satisfied that the applicant is not medically inadmissible.

It is possible that applicants may have undergone a medical examination prior to the publication of new procedures and application kits, or as part of an application for a visa or permit in another category. As part of the checklist, applicants who completed an IME in the 12 months prior to application submission, are asked to submit a copy of the Information Sheet from the Panel Physician up front with their application package. An IRCC officer may still require the applicant to undergo a new IME depending on the remaining validity period of the medical results.
"

Her meds were "passed", but fell out of their validity period.

Them not extending the medical should apply to people who have submitted AFTER they released that advisory. If the standard before that was Medicals can be submit with the app and, and then they will extend if needed then it should be honored.

(Just like what they're doing with the 26 vs 12 month thing..... If you submitted before a certain date then you're still under the "26" month timeline...)

:-X This foggy morning is making me cranky...clearly lol :mad:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Them not extending the medical should apply to people who have submitted AFTER they released that advisory. If the standard before that was Medicals can be submit with the app and, and then they will extend if needed then it should be honored.

(Just like what they're doing with the 26 vs 12 month thing..... If you submitted before a certain date then you're still under the "26" month timeline...)

:-X This foggy morning is making me cranky...clearly lol :mad:
Preaching to the choir here... either way we look at it, we want to get this done and finished. So, you're far better to be compliant to their request. And my missus won't let me argue any more...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Preaching to the choir here... either way we look at it, we want to get this done and finished. So, you're far better to be compliant to their request. And my missus won't let me argue any more...
Absolutely correct. I'm the " whine and b*tch about it..but will do it anyway" :D type
Upside: at least we are not paying those crazy medical costs in our neck of the woods....another $200 is merely collateral damage at this point.

Fog advisory lifted....my mood is improving

CONGRATS ZUMBAGIRL!

VeggieGirl

Mar 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am newly registered to this forum, but have relied heavily on it for advice over the course of our immigration process. My application has been under review since April 14, 2016 and I was just recently contacted for my medical exam. My husband (my sponsor) and I are moving this week, so I updated our address via the online system. I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, and if it's not maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I and my husband were phoned over the weekend by an immigration official asking to verify our address. I missed the phone call, but my husband did not. They asked him to verify our address and if we still lived together. He told them that we do, and that we're moving at the end of the month. They didn't want anything more than that. Should I be at concerned by this? Is this a set up for a surprise home visit? Or are they simply verifying our address because of the online change I submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
VeggieGirl

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VeggieGirl said:
Hi everyone,
I am newly registered to this forum, but have relied heavily on it for advice over the course of our immigration process. My application has been under review since April 14, 2016 and I was just recently contacted for my medical exam. My husband (my sponsor) and I are moving this week, so I updated our address via the online system. I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, and if it's not maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I and my husband were phoned over the weekend by an immigration official asking to verify our address. I missed the phone call, but my husband did not. They asked him to verify our address and if we still lived together. He told them that we do, and that we're moving at the end of the month. They didn't want anything more than that. Should I be at concerned by this? Is this a set up for a surprise home visit? Or are they simply verifying our address because of the online change I submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
VeggieGirl
Probably not. If they are coming for a home visit, let them. My wife and I would gladly invite them in. They'll see our co-mingled laundry, her clothes in like every closet, co-mingled toothbrushes, etc. If they can find evidence that you live together that easily, the visit will be very fast.

Also, generally they tell you they are coming, and it would be immediately (<1 hr).

I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest...

VeggieGirl

Mar 27, 2017
profiler said:
Probably not. If they are coming for a home visit, let them. My wife and I would gladly invite them in. They'll see our co-mingled laundry, her clothes in like every closet, co-mingled toothbrushes, etc. If they can find evidence that you live together that easily, the visit will be very fast.

Also, generally they tell you they are coming, and it would be immediately (<1 hr).

I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest...
Thank you! I guess I should have clarified that I'm not so much worried about the actual visit as much as I am about the surprise aspect of it. To be honest, the process goes on so long without much communication from them, so I wanted to extract as much information as I can about this call :/

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VeggieGirl said:
Thank you! I guess I should have clarified that I'm not so much worried about the actual visit as much as I am about the surprise aspect of it. To be honest, the process goes on so long without much communication from them, so I wanted to extract as much information as I can about this call :/
Yeah, best not to read between those lines. Sometimes they want to know that the people are still together. For us, I sent an update with cohabitation proofs about 2 months ago. I included everything that has ever came in the mail or has an address on it for my wife. They seemed to be satisfied with that....

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
So much progress, congrats profiler and zumbagirl!

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
Does anyone know what is happening with the OWPs of people who submitted applications between late October and the end of November 2016? There seems to be a massive gap on the spreadsheet where people have not added in that they have received their OWP.

In my personal situation, I was told on March 7th when speaking to an IRCC rep that in the system IRCC could see I had been approved for the work permit and would likely receive it within three weeks. The status of the OWP was set to generate/draft, meaning they just needed to create the physical document before I would get notified by CIC that it was being mailed to me.

My last work permit expired on March 8th and I haven't been able to work since then. This was particularly worrying because my son was due to be born at the start of April, but he popped out a few weeks early!

Does anyone in a similar situation have any insights into what might be going on?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
So much progress, congrats profiler and zumbagirl!
Danke. They are moving fast!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Hi every one,
I was just told of the "Spousal Sponsorship in-land thread" thanks "prvc" for the info ! I've been asking questions on threads I started ,, wish I had Known of this thread much sooner !

Warning.. My sponsor (wife) and I are beyond being confused by the whole CIC process, we are both fairly old (60s) and hard headed so we tend to ask allot of questions.. ASKING this so called Lawyer we hired is a joke !!

Can you tell me What does this mean?
assuming you are in status in Canada when you apply). seems there are many "statuses"

So that I can understand what "status" I am in at this moment Ill share A Brief history

I came back into Canada as a visitor From The US In Oct 2016 so that I could help my wife handle a family emergency She is the Canadian part of our marriage THE BEST PART LOL. She come back to Canada from the states in May 2016 due to the family emergency and hasn't left..

Skip forward to Feb of this year. We decided that my wife NEEDS to stay here in Canada and that I need to Immigrate to Canada. WE applied inland thru a so called Lawyers office in Ontario.
CIC received our Complete Application Package the 3rd of March 2017, I also applied for a WP and OWP along with my application,

So I GUESS I am in a status of some sort YES?? Someone told me That I am in "Implied status", but I hear that is a miss conception, so for the moment I am just lost in space. lol
You sound like Donnie! lmao!

OK, if I understand you correctly, it has been less than 6 months since you crossed the border into Canada, and you did apply for the work permit, right? If so, you have implied status. If not, your visitor status will run out 6 months from when you crossed last, unless they gave you a visitor record/date to leave by.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Hi every one,
I was just told of the "Spousal Sponsorship in-land thread" thanks "prvc" for the info ! I've been asking questions on threads I started ,, wish I had Known of this thread much sooner !

Warning.. My sponsor (wife) and I are beyond being confused by the whole CIC process, we are both fairly old (60s) and hard headed so we tend to ask allot of questions.. ASKING this so called Lawyer we hired is a joke !!

Can you tell me What does this mean?
assuming you are in status in Canada when you apply). seems there are many "statuses"

So that I can understand what "status" I am in at this moment Ill share A Brief history

I came back into Canada as a visitor From The US In Oct 2016 so that I could help my wife handle a family emergency She is the Canadian part of our marriage THE BEST PART LOL. She come back to Canada from the states in May 2016 due to the family emergency and hasn't left..

Skip forward to Feb of this year. We decided that my wife NEEDS to stay here in Canada and that I need to Immigrate to Canada. WE applied inland thru a so called Lawyers office in Ontario.
CIC received our Complete Application Package the 3rd of March 2017, I also applied for a WP and OWP along with my application,

So I GUESS I am in a status of some sort YES?? Someone told me That I am in "Implied status", but I hear that is a miss conception, so for the moment I am just lost in space. lol
Some applicants who apply for inland spousal sponsorship are "out of status" this means that they have stayed beyond the time they were supposed leave either because their allowable time to remain in Canada (6 months) has expired or their study/work permit has expired. If that is not the case for you then you are considered in status at the time the inland spousal sponsorship was submitted.

Since you submitted your application before your your time to remain in Canada expired and you also submitted a OWP then even though the time you were supposed to leave has passed, after you submit the application (Inland and OWP) you have "implied status" meaning you are legally entitled to remain in Canada.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I still say he sounds like Donnie -- "so called lawyer". It was perfect.

That said, I concur, he is probably in status, and probably wanted to get his money back from the Lawyer.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
If yall were speaking about this old man yessss Our law firm is full of a bunch of ((kjniuy83r9yf98)) and some total idiots who are more lost then I am Yet they say they specialize in only Spousal Sponsorships.. omg what ever lol
.. I just hope they can get us the rest of the way thru this process ,, I have to rely on them for any updates from CIC because from what I was told ONLY 1 person can Link a Application,, which is this so called lawyer.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and Ill most likely need (praying) them to help with that Form Imm5669.. If it wasn't for that Id sue for a refund

OK so who is Donnie ?/ lmao

profiler said:
I still say he sounds like Donnie -- "so called lawyer". It was perfect.

That said, I concur, he is probably in status, and probably wanted to get his money back from the Lawyer.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
If yall were speaking about this old man yessss Our law firm is full of a bunch of ((kjniuy83r9yf98)) and some total idiots who are more lost then I am Yet they say they specialize in only Spousal Sponsorships.. omg what ever lol
.. I just hope they can get us the rest of the way thru this process ,, I have to rely on them for any updates from CIC because from what I was told ONLY 1 person can Link a Application,, which is this so called lawyer.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and Ill most likely need (praying) them to help with that Form Imm5669.. If it wasn't for that Id sue for a refund

OK so who is Donnie ?/ lmao
The forum can help you with this paperwork, and yes we were talking about you, the young man. I have to be nice to my elders -- my annual age reminder is tomorrow. ;)

Trump's attack on the Supreme Court Judges "So called Judges". Even made it to SNL!