Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
zumbagirl said:
dear all,
on Friday we received the decision made notice by email.
Ecas shows decision made both for the applicant and the sponsor.

MyCIC shows nothing (only medical passed, everything else is "in process").

It has been a long wait, glad that we are nearing to the the completion of this stage of our immigration journey.

next is the landing interview then a few months waiting for the card. Then two years from now hope to see you all at the citizenship application forum!!!!!!
big thanks to the regular contributors, I have learned a lot on this forum!!!

zumbagirl
Congrats Zumbagirl!!! Great news.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Delbas said:
Hi all,
App received by cic on January 26th. They asked for pcc in June. Meds request on March 8th and SA on March 10th. Did my medicals on March 10th and cic received them on March 17th. Yesterday when I checked my ecas I saw that it had decision made for both sponsor and PA .

However, nothing has changed on my cic acct and I have not received any email from cic. Could this be AIP or final DM?

Please advise. Thanks
Congrats Delbas!! Next step landing appointment......

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Negative. AIP, but they asked for another medical. I sent a scan of the eMedical from the one that I already did through a CSE and a note asking if it was sufficient. Same thing I did with the PCC months ago. I really have very little desire to subject myself to that ridiculous medical procedure again for no reason. If they reply and say that for sure I need another one, then I guess I'll have to do it, but until then I will assume that this is CIC's computer system automatically sending that request in error

I'll let you know what they say when they respond to the CSE - should hear back in the next week or so.
I called into the MP when the missus got her medical request (after booking for April 12th). They called into CIC to sort it out. Looks like they might not be extending them anymore? What the MP described was AIP -- she's passed every other assessment, and they are ready to DM her case once they have an updated medical.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
zumbagirl said:
thank you all!! we are indeed very happy

our timeline:
app received January 25, 2016
acknowledged: March 24, 2016
OWP received: June 9, 2016
additional doc requested on June 14, 2016, sent a week later
new medical requested Jan 26 2017, and was submitted in Mid February
DM: March 25, 2017
landing: hopefully by end of April / mid May

we received no sponsorship approval, no AIP.

throughout the entire process the sponsor received no communication and the applicant received two (2) emails from CIC (one for the additional docs in June 2016 and now the decision made). The request for new medical was only posted on myCIC, no request email was sent... so check MyCIC time to time!!! (not be obsessive about it (as we were checking it daily) but once per week is probably a good idea)
myCIC still showing in progress, ECAS shows decision made. go figure....

our app was pretty straightforward, no family or financial issues. Most likely CIC has not spent more than a few hours on our file. It is still 1.5 years or so to go from submitting the app to getting the PR card which is joke.

keep the forum going, for us it was a lifeline during this year of waiting!!
ZumbaG

ps: for the life of me I could not wrap my head around why they cant print the PR card during the 1 year processing of the application, why on the earth we have wait another 2 months after the app is approved???? Experts, any ideas?
Well I guess they cannot print it until we are approved and I understand why.

However with regard to printing of the cards this is the way I see it:

If it takes a January 2016 applicant, 1 years and two months to receive SA and DM and AIP, if it takes 3-7 weeks to get the landing appointment then you know 2 months to print PR cards is just par for the course.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
I called into the MP when the missus got her medical request (after booking for April 12th). They called into CIC to sort it out. Looks like they might not be extending them anymore? What the MP described was AIP -- she's passed every other assessment, and they are ready to DM her case once they have an updated medical.
If this is the case why don't they send out a e-mail indicating this is so so that majority of people who are going to be processed by end of Dec 2017 know that if their medical is expired by now they will be requested to provide a new one. IRCC should also have a bulletin with regards to no longer extending expired medicals.

Excuses, excuses.....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
If this is the case why don't they send out a e-mail indicating this is so so that people who are going to be processed by end of Dec 207 know that if their medical is expired by now they will be requested to provide a new one and they should also have a bulletin with regards to no longer extending expired medicals. Excuses, excuses.....
*shrug*. Considering the clip that they are processing at, and it's the only thing they asked from us (lately), we will just do it. There is justification (they technically are no longer valid).

I beat myself up over it too. But at the same time, if they had of given us fair warning before, we would have been happy to oblige and to do them before they had to ask....

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
What a heap of horseshit! :mad:
They very well know that people submit medicals with the application in order to allow them to get through the process faster...if they have decided at some point in time that they will not be extending medicals, they should put out a statement or something telling applicants to not do the medical until requested or something....
My husbands medical shows as passed, so I will be annoyed as hell if we need to spend another 200 bucks to get that done AGAIN! One would think a pass is pass right..?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
They very well know that people submit medicals with the application in order to allow them to get through the process faster...if they have decided at some point in time that they will not be extending medicals, they should put out a statement or something telling applicants to not do the medical until requested or something....
My husbands medical shows as passed, so I will be annoyed as hell if we need to spend another 200 bucks to get that done AGAIN! One would think a pass is pass right..?
+5 .....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
They did apparently: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob633.asp . 8.a) :
"
a. Medical screening

Spouses and common-law partners who apply under the SCLPC and spouses, partners and dependent children who apply under the Family Class will not undergo an up-front medical examination. Medical instructions will be issued during the processing of the application.

IRCC will send a request through the online account (or via mail or email for those who do not create an online account) for the principal applicant (and family members, whether accompanying or not) to complete an immigration medical examination (IME) within 30 days. These medical instructions will be issued at an appropriate point after the application is accepted for processing and applicants must comply within 30 days. Failure to comply with this request within 30 days may result in the refusal of the application on the basis that the officer is not satisfied that the applicant is not medically inadmissible.

It is possible that applicants may have undergone a medical examination prior to the publication of new procedures and application kits, or as part of an application for a visa or permit in another category. As part of the checklist, applicants who completed an IME in the 12 months prior to application submission, are asked to submit a copy of the Information Sheet from the Panel Physician up front with their application package. An IRCC officer may still require the applicant to undergo a new IME depending on the remaining validity period of the medical results.
"

Her meds were "passed", but fell out of their validity period.

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hello

I submitted my application on 7 March 2017 in Canada application. Application was received on 7 March 2017. I received sms to verify that it was received.

I received email to say application is in process and to link my account online on 23 March 2017. So it only took about 2 weeks to receive that email.

Hopefully the rest of the application can go this quickly.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get first stage approval so that i can apply for OWP online?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
eadams said:
Hello

I submitted my application on 7 March 2017 in Canada application. Application was received on 7 March 2017. I received sms to verify that it was received.

I received email to say application is in process and to link my account online on 23 March 2017. So it only took about 2 weeks to receive that email.

Hopefully the rest of the application can go this quickly.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get first stage approval so that i can apply for OWP online?
You can apply for OWP any time. If you were out of status, you need AIP.

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Ok great. But then what is the up side of submitting the OWP with the sponsorship application? Or for that matter, what is the down side of submitting the OWP application after submitting the sponsorship application?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
eadams said:
Ok great. But then what is the up side of submitting the OWP with the sponsorship application? Or for that matter, what is the down side of submitting the OWP application after submitting the sponsorship application?
You have two threads going here... Did you submit outland or inland? Outland applications are not eligible for the OWP. The OWP allows you to work and to maintain status without having to submit visitor visa requests. If you don't want to work, or don't care about visitor visa extensions, then don't bother with it. Personally, my wife has been able to use the OWP to gain valuable experience working in a Canadian work place, and to gain OHIP access.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eadams said:
Upside of including the OWP with the original application is that it keep you in status in Canada (assuming you are in status when you apply) and it also means the OWP is likely approved faster (around 4 months after you submit the complete application - again assuming you are in status in Canada when you apply).