Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I want to move to Kitchener. Wish I was landing there too. I like the small town feel of it (from the way you type about it when you were explaining where the Service Ontario and Service Canada are) but it would take me too long to get into TO.
God no... I wouldn't live there...

When my wife moved into our home, I warned her that I live in "a village" compared to Moscow. I don't even lock my doors (might as well not -- crime is REALLY low, and I'd prefer to have things stolen then the doors smashed in) unless we are out of town. All the neighbours know everyone, and they know my family when they come to visit. You'd never get passed that neighbourhood watch... The wife did concur that it's like a village, but she likes it.

EDIT: Here is the map (note the scale bottom right; 200ft):

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
SA_to_Canada said:
We also received the DM letter today, no AIP, but doesn't matter as the letter states "your application has been completed." So we are just waiting for the Vancouver office to contact us. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats SA_to_Canada

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Almost a year and nothing from immigration after submitting the application. Only AOR and OWP :(
They are stuck on security. I ordered notes and nothing even there. I didn't done medical and haven't got even request for it. Anyone else in same boat?

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
kristiina89 said:
Almost a year and nothing from immigration after submitting the application. Only AOR and OWP :(
They are stuck on security. I ordered notes and nothing even there. I didn't done medical and haven't got even request for it. Anyone else in same boat?
\
Mine is stuck on security too.I did my medical upfront but they haven't acknowledged it yet.

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
browning911 said:
Congrats Dimigago. What is your timeline?

It's supposed to be: SA then AIP then DM then landing appointment.
Thank you, yes I got SA in July, AIP after few days on July 13 and DM March 15

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hello all!

Just curious to know if anyone has any information.
When they do background check, how long does it usually take ??
Do they visit your hometown or home in your country or it is all just done within the High Commission of Canada in home country ?? Or they do ask for reports from Police station ?? Just want to have an idea of how long it should take.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
\
Mine is stuck on security too.I did my medical upfront but they haven't acknowledged it yet.
Looks like they may ask for a redo.. when does your medical expire?

We went a year as well with nothing. Then within 48h they claim to be ready for a DM once the medical is redone...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Inlandspouse said:
Hello all!

Just curious to know if anyone has any information.
When they do background check, how long does it usually take ??
Do they visit your hometown or home in your country or it is all just done within the High Commission of Canada in home country ?? Or they do ask for reports from Police station ?? Just want to have an idea of how long it should take.
3-6 Mos. They usually use agents in Canada and Interpol. That said, they've also had agents on the ground tracing steps. They definately require a police clearance certificate (PCC) from any country you resided in for 6 months or more, since you were 18.

Usually you have to be 'interesting ' to them for them to ramp it up. If you told the truth, it's usually pretty fast.

Delbas

Mar 25, 2017
Hi all,
App received by cic on January 26th. They asked for pcc in June. Meds request on March 8th and SA on March 10th. Did my medicals on March 10th and cic received them on March 17th. Yesterday when I checked my ecas I saw that it had decision made for both sponsor and PA, . However, nothing has changed on my cic acct and I have not received any email from cic. Could this be AIP or final DM?
Please advise. Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Delbas said:
Hi all,
App received by cic on January 26th. They asked for pcc in June. Meds request on March 8th and SA on March 10th. Did my medicals on March 10th and cic received them on March 17th. Yesterday when I checked my ecas I saw that it had decision made for both sponsor and PA, . However, nothing has changed on my cic acct and I have not received any email from cic. Could this be AIP or final DM?
Please advise. Thanks
You'll get a letter stating a decision was made, and that a local office (local to you) will be in contact with a landing appointment. From what you've said, I would guess it's a positive decision.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
dear all,
on Friday we received the decision made notice by email.
Ecas shows decision made both for the applicant and the sponsor.
MyCIC shows nothing (only medical passed, everything else is "in process").
It has been a long wait, glad that we are nearing to the the completion of this stage of our immigration journey.
next is the landing interview then a few months waiting for the card. Then two years from now hope to see you all at the citizenship application forum!!!!!!
big thanks to the regular contributors, I have learned a lot on this forum!!!

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
dear all,
It has been a long wait, glad that we are nearing to the the completion of this stage of our immigration journey.
next is the landing interview then a few months waiting for the card. Then two years from now hope to see you all at the citizenship application forum!!!!!!

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Congrats ZG! Sorry we won't be Landing same day, did you update the guesstimate spreadsheet?

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
profiler said:
Congrats ZG! Sorry we won't be Landing same day, did you update the guesstimate spreadsheet?
thanks Profiler,
cant find the guessing spreadsheet, can you pls repost the link? I think i guessed March 1st. I am off by circa 3 weeks.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
zumbagirl said:
dear all,

zumbagirl

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

congratulations zg I am happy for you

Delbas

Mar 25, 2017
profiler said:
You'll get a letter stating a decision was made, and that a local office (local to you) will be in contact with a landing appointment. From what you've said, I would guess it's a positive decision.
Thanks Profiler,
I guess I just have to wait for cic to email or call them on Monday. Checked my email all day yesterday hoping that they'd email but they didn't, all I have is the status change to decision made.