Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
I have heard allot of complaints about the new process and about the older one as well.. I was hoping to get to work soon to help out my wife and we have to get our stuff up here from storage.. I Hate to see how much duty and tax is on that.. It seems everyone has a very long wait to get there OWP..

Is there away to send private messages on here,, Ill open up that IMM5669 tomorrow and see if I can explain what has us stumped in the Education part

My Wife wanted me to ask you so we are clear on this.. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THE IMM5669 CORRECT?? She does not do it ?
Only the principal applicant (you) do it. Yes you can send messages by clicking on the hyperlink/name of the person, then "New Message".

Because you're inland, I'm not sure if you get the Goods to follow process. That let's you import your stuff one time free. You can ask about that...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@Profiler tommrrow after at 2:30pm we are seeing our lawyer to send our proof of relationship for cic to continue to work on Mr.Carol permanent residence application and pay the rrpf. we got everything ready to rock
Awesome.youngin's medical done? Ms Profiler isn't up for meds until APR 12. So, we're ready to rock APR 14 I bet..

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Awesome.youngin's medical done? Ms Profiler isn't up for meds until APR 12. So, we're ready to rock APR 14 I bet..

yes it was around €400 for medical but they flew to Sao miguel so €300 for air

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
choyibear said:
Hi everyone,

My current status is a visitor. I submitted my spousal open work permit (SOWP) in December, it's been almost 4 months and I saw some people submitted around the same time got their wp already. So today I called cic, and was told that I would only get my wp after sponsor approval which takes about 4 months. I was really surprised as most people seem to get sponsor approval way over 4 months, and a lot of applicants get wp before sponsor approval.
So for everyone that have got there SOWP, did you get sponsor approval around the time of you got work permit?
I found that CIC agents are not helpful at all. The responses I got could be very different depending on the agent, and they never look into my specific case. It is very frustrating as I had to turn down a job offer a few months ago, and this time I got another offer and might have to turn it down again. I have no complains for the last one but this one is really cutting close. I would hate to see my work permit arrive right after I say NO to the offer or right before my supposed commencement date.
Sorry for my rant but this process is driving me crazy.

Good luck with your applications.
Thanks!
I haven't seen anyone get sponsor approval that quickly as you stated. We got our SOWP about 8 months ago and still no sponsor approval

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
VeggieGirl said:
Hi everyone,
I am newly registered to this forum, but have relied heavily on it for advice over the course of our immigration process. My application has been under review since April 14, 2016 and I was just recently contacted for my medical exam. My husband (my sponsor) and I are moving this week, so I updated our address via the online system. I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, and if it's not maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I and my husband were phoned over the weekend by an immigration official asking to verify our address. I missed the phone call, but my husband did not. They asked him to verify our address and if we still lived together. He told them that we do, and that we're moving at the end of the month. They didn't want anything more than that. Should I be at concerned by this? Is this a set up for a surprise home visit? Or are they simply verifying our address because of the online change I submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
VeggieGirl

Hi VeggieGirl
I dont have anything intelligent to say but i like your name sis :)
ZumbaGirl

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
rganesh said:
Hey,
I applied on Nov 16, 2016 and still waiting for my wife's OWP. :( Its very frustrating, but a long wait. MyCIC says my application is in progress for a very long time, but i guess those are default statements. I believe most of the November folks are still in dark for their OWP. When did you apply ?
November 7th here. I've spoken to IRCC on the phone a couple of times and they have told me they will try to find out why it is taking so long to print my OWP. Unfortunately this process does not provide me with any updates. I tried calling into IRCC again today and sadly, like most of the time I call there, my call gets cancelled due to an overflow of calls.

Mex_eskimo

Feb 8, 2017
We just emailed our representative last week to see if he could figure out what was going on with my husband's OWP as we applied October 11, 2016. Our rep just informed us that my husband has been approved for the OWP but they just haven't mailed it out yet. It's frustrating, I know. Just hang in there!

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
Mex_eskimo said:
We just emailed our representative last week to see if he could figure out what was going on with my husband's OWP as we applied October 11, 2016. Our rep just informed us that my husband has been approved for the OWP but they just haven't mailed it out yet. It's frustrating, I know. Just hang in there!
As much as it sucks, it's nice to hear that I'm not alone! I was starting to think I'd got lost in the system. Maybe they've just had a paper jam on their work permit printer...for a month...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xkevinx said:
As much as it sucks, it's nice to hear that I'm not alone! I was starting to think I'd got lost in the system. Maybe they've just had a paper jam on their work permit printer...for a month...
Probably a Shared Services Canada printer, that needed the network to it repaired 16 years ago.... just like the RCMP.... you can google that one. What a f*ckin sh*t show SSC is.... I have been in Information Systems professionally since 2001, and unprofessionally since 1989. So, the opinion I have offered is a professional one ;). Calling it am embarrassment is the understatement of the year.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I have checked into the import thing, There is a 6month provision ,, and a 5 year provision that over rides the 6 month PROVISION.. Returning Canadians: May bring back duty free all household and personal effects including car, boat, aeroplane, provided they have been acquired and used six months prior to arrival in Canada. (After 5 years, the 6 months provision is eliminated). and her 5 years living in the states would be in May.. so its going to be close call on the 5 year thing

The thing is I think we blew the 5 years.. She came back to Canada in May last year,, so she will be here a year soon and and after that amount of time she wont be considered a RETURNING Canadian ,, I hope because she only came back as a visitor in May and with the circumstances changing in Feb and us having to stay and move back to Canada due to the family emergency and with me applying for PR Immigration that perhaps due to the situation they will allow us to use the 5 year provision and not pay Duty or tax....I have no idea but I am calling Ft Erie Customs and ask .. then we know for sure.. Only she and our brother in law can go back to get the stuff,, so we shall see

All our stuff is old and not worth much, Heck our whole inventory comes to about 90 total pieces, Boxes and furniture and misc. and is Valued approx. $4,500.00 if we have to pay Duty and or Taxes I hope it wont be a whopping amount...

profiler said:
Only the principal applicant (you) do it. Yes you can send messages by clicking on the hyperlink/name of the person, then "New Message".

Because you're inland, I'm not sure if you get the Goods to follow process. That let's you import your stuff one time free. You can ask about that...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
I have checked into the import thing, There is a 6month provision ,, and a 5 year provision that over rides the 6 month PROVISION.. Returning Canadians: May bring back duty free all household and personal effects including car, boat, aeroplane, provided they have been acquired and used six months prior to arrival in Canada. (After 5 years, the 6 months provision is eliminated). and her 5 years living in the states would be in May.. so its going to be close call on the 5 year thing

The thing is I think we blew the 5 years.. She came back to Canada in May last year,, so she will be here a year soon and and after that amount of time she wont be considered a RETURNING Canadian ,, I hope because she only came back as a visitor in May and with the circumstances changing in Feb and us having to stay and move back to Canada due to the family emergency and with me applying for PR Immigration that perhaps due to the situation they will allow us to use the 5 year provision and not pay Duty or tax....I have no idea but I am calling Ft Erie Customs and ask .. then we know for sure.. Only she and our brother in law can go back to get the stuff,, so we shall see

All our stuff is old and not worth much, Heck our whole inventory comes to about 90 total pieces, Boxes and furniture and misc. and is Valued approx. $4,500.00 if we have to pay Duty and or Taxes I hope it wont be a whopping amount...
New PR's (that'd be you) of the outland stream can bring goods across once tax free. So I think you should ask your "so called lawyer" or maybe CIC tomorrow about "Goods to follow" (your goods). I can probably find if if I looked -- but it's getting late... I can check in the AM for you..

EDIT: Merry Christmas (if this actually works): http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/i-am-immigrating-to-canada-how-do-i-bring-my-belongings-with-me/

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hey Profiler,

Congratulations for your SA :).Its really encouraging to see March 2016 applicants getting their SA's and medicals.We are May 2016 applicants , and our file was received on May 10,2016.Can you predict , by what time can we expect the approval.Also what is the procedure to ask the MP to contact CIC regarding the file if needed in the future.

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Hey Profiler,

Congratulations for your SA :).Its really encouraging to see March 2016 applicants getting their SA's and medicals.We are May 2016 applicants , and our file was received on May 10,2016.Can you predict , by what time can we expect the approval.Also what is the procedure to ask the MP to contact CIC regarding the file if needed in the future.

Thanks
It's not encouraging for the medicals -- we got screwed there. But thanks :).

If I was guessing, probably in a month or so? My engineering friends and I have a pact: thou shalt not math after 11 (am). So, I will check into the numbers for you tomorrow AM. But I would say approx a month.

What help do you expect to require? You need to find the MP for your region, then reach out to their office by telephone. Each has a different process, but all results in basically the same thing. Ours (Kitchener South - Hesepler) had us fill out a consent form, that they passed to CIC so they were aware that I requested representation. But I have heard of others not asking for this.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
It's not encouraging for the medicals -- we got screwed there. But thanks :).

If I was guessing, probably in a month or so? My engineering friends and I have a pact: thou shalt not math after 11 (am). So, I will check into the numbers for you tomorrow AM. But I would say approx a month.

What help do you expect to require? You need to find the MP for your region, then reach out to their office by telephone. Each has a different process, but all results in basically the same thing. Ours (Kitchener South - Hesepler) had us fill out a consent form, that they passed to CIC so they were aware that I requested representation. But I have heard of others not asking for this.
haha :) , Ok no worries , I will wait for your prediction!!

Alright.. thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I saw posted on this thread about curious people wondering why CIC emails approvals at 6PM Eastern...

I have dreamt up the answer....

On Mar 21 I was granted SA, and in ECAS they claimed I was sent mail regarding my SA decision on Mar 22. If those who have GCMS notes have a look, the notes are in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time... Like GMT but less GMT and more UTC). 6PM Eastern == Midnight (00:00 o'clock) UTC. Before DST, it would have been 5PM Eastern...

It's an automated system message that is sent out at midnight UTC...

OK enough mathing .. my friends will find out and kill me....