thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
That is not good anyways I called the cic 1-888-242-2100 so here is an interesting tidbit they actually have for inland spousal sponsorship they made an announcement on there pre recorded message that now they are working on July 2015 application

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Hi everyone

I have a question about open work permit. How long does it take to receive your work permit if you apply with your inland sponsorship application?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bluesky2016 said:
Hi everyone

I have a question about open work permit. How long does it take to receive your work permit if you apply with your inland sponsorship application?
it takes about 4 months.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
it takes about 4 months.
My husband applied ouland sponsorship for me in August while I am studying as a graduate international student at Canada. I will graduate in Feb. however I got a job offer to start in Jan. To have post graduate work permit, I have to have graduation letter that I do not have ! I know that we made a mistake to apply outland.
Now I wonder what I should do. If I apply inland asap, I will not get work permit till 4 months later. So is there anyway to get open work permit with my outland application? I am very frustrated. Not sure what I can do

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bluesky2016 said:
My husband applied ouland sponsorship for me in August while I am studying as a graduate international student at Canada. I will graduate in Feb. however I got a job offer to start in Jan. To have post graduate work permit, I have to have graduation letter that I do not have ! I know that we made a mistake to apply outland.
Now I wonder what I should do. If I apply inland asap, I will not get work permit till 4 months later. So is there anyway to get open work permit with my outland application? I am very frustrated. Not sure what I can do
there is no open work permit available for outland applications. it is only available for inland. you may want to talk to your future employer about applying for a closed work permit. otherwise, if you start working without a permit, you will be working illegally.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just got off the phone with my MP's office. They spoke with IRCC and had some promising information for some of you.

First, despite myCIC stating "Background Check is needed in progress" and being told that they are working on Security and Criminality, they stated we are in first stage processing now that all documents have been received that they require (does that include CSIS/RCMP reports I wonder?). They advised it will take 16 months for this stage, and 10 months for the second stage. Which sounds like the typical line that CIC feeds people.

But I asked a question regarding SIR and got an interesting answer. CIC created a Backlog office to deal with the Spousal Inventory Backlog. SIR is an on-going project, and every case in inventory is part of it. There is no cherry-picking or selection. It's a big pot and every one's case is in it. This will continue until they have a reasonable inventory level and until they can maintain it.

They also asked my MP's office not to call so much. They told them that they should call every couple months (lol!)

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
there is no open work permit available for outland applications. it is only available for inland. you may want to talk to your future employer about applying for a closed work permit. otherwise, if you start working without a permit, you will be working illegally.
Thanks for your reply. What is closed work permit?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bluesky2016 said:
What is closed work permit?
You can only work for one employer who has to submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bluesky2016 said:
Thanks for your reply. What is closed work permit?
it is a work permit an employer can apply for if they can prove there are no canadians available for the job. it costs money for the employer and it is not guaranteed it will be approved.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
it is a work permit an employer can apply for if they can prove there are no canadians available for the job. it costs money for the employer and it is not guaranteed it will be approved.
so means that no employer will do this! what if I apply for inland as well? but the thing is that OWP takes around 4 months!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bluesky2016 said:
so means that no employer will do this! what if I apply for inland as well? but the thing is that OWP takes around 4 months!
Your subsequent applications would be returned as you can only have one Family Class application at a time.

Given that you have an offer to start in January, there is little that can be done, except the closed work permit / LMIA. You won't have time to complete any of the other possible paths.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
profiler said:
Your subsequent applications would be returned as you can only have one Family Class application at a time.

Given that you have an offer to start in January, there is little that can be done, except the closed work permit / LMIA. You won't have time to complete any of the other possible paths.
I am going to ask employer to reschedule the starting date to Feb. 1, but even with that I need to figure out what I should do.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Bluesky2016 said:
I am going to ask employer to reschedule the starting date to Feb. 1, but even with that I need to figure out what I should do.
Even that is pretty tight if they actually are going to do an LMIA.

Did you already pass your exams? Try to talk to an administrator at your school and see if they will write you an official letter indicating that you are eligible to get your degree. You can use this instead of the actual degree/diploma.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=755&top=15

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bluesky2016 said:
I wish I had better news for you.

This is kind of why I examine the whole situation, instead of try to convince people that outland is better. It's not the case. They both have pro's and con's that must be weighed appropriately.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
I wish I had better news for you.

This is kind of why I examine the whole situation, instead of try to convince people that outland is better. It's not the case. They both have pro's and con's that must be weighed appropriately.

It depends on the country where your from for example for Outland sponsorship is 8 months if your Portugal