Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
It depends on the country where your from for example for Outland sponsorship is 8 months if your Portugal
And? Russia is 12. Ukraine is pretty fast I hear... in fact, if we had of gone outland, we would be done by now. Why didn't we? We had a handful of reasons why not. And we gained what we wanted with respect to our choice.

The simple fact is, can you stop working for that period of time? Can you be apart from your loved one for that long? Do you want to spend that amount of time either waiting to (start) adjusting to society in Canada? As I said, there is costs and benefits, pro's and con's that should be weighed carefully. As either decision has consequences.

BTW @polarvolcano: I hear you folks woke up to a freeze... YIKES! It's not even February yet!

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
And? Russia is 12. Ukraine is pretty fast I hear... in fact, if we had of gone outland, we would be done by now. Why didn't we? We had a handful of reasons why not. And we gained what we wanted with respect to our choice.

The simple fact is, can you stop working for that period of time? Can you be apart from your loved one for that long? Do you want to spend that amount of time either waiting to (start) adjusting to society in Canada? As I said, there is costs and benefits, pro's and con's that should be weighed carefully. As either decision has consequences.

BTW @polarvolcano: I hear you folks woke up to a freeze... YIKES! It's not even February yet!
Yes, it is crazy out here. Last week it was sunny and warm. Calgary weather is notoriously schizophrenic and I can confirm that is true after living here for 2 years. Always sunny though and limited rain/snow. This is the coldest it has been since I have been here.

I was going to reply what you just said about inland/outland, but you beat me to it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Yes, it is crazy out here. Last week it was sunny and warm. Calgary weather is notoriously schizophrenic and I can confirm that is true after living here for 2 years. Always sunny though and limited rain/snow. This is the coldest it has been since I have been here.

I was going to reply what you just said about inland/outland, but you beat me to it.
They say great minds think alike.... so what the hell happened??? ;)

I do wonder if Calgary gets freak Tornadoes... Southwestern Ontario can start a day really nice, and have a Tornado show itself within an hour with little warning. Luckily the area I live in has a geological feature that seems to break the storms up (sending them south and north, instead of right through). Feel bad for Barrie or Brantford...

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
They say great minds think alike.... so what the hell happened??? ;)

I do wonder if Calgary gets freak Tornadoes... Southwestern Ontario can start a day really nice, and have a Tornado show itself within an hour with little warning. Luckily the area I live in has a geological feature that seems to break the storms up (sending them south and north, instead of right through). Feel bad for Barrie or Brantford...
There was a tornado last year. I think they only ever briefly touch down. Calgary's main weather feature is the periodic Chinook wind, which blasts warm air down the mountains, raising the temperature dramatically, even in the middle of winter. Awesome.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:

I know what you mean I love my dear husband too much to be apart that long, he is on a work visa so i am lucky there but be icing on the cake once he has his pr and but at least your missus has her opw and ohip there always two sides to a coin. is it today that they do updates to people files the cic or ircc folks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
I know what you mean I love my dear husband too much to be apart that long, he is on a work visa so i am lucky there but be icing on the cake once he has his pr and but at least your missus has her opw and ohip there always two sides to a coin. is it today that they do updates to people files the cic or ircc folks.
If your husband is working full-time, I will give you the letter, ask him to have his boss sign it. He takes that, a DL (if he has one), his work permit, and his passport to Service Ontario. OHIP is his too then.

ECAS is updated every day. Looks like the update failed again though, as they dropped a bunch of lines from my sponsorship application again.

RK10

Apr 21, 2016
What happens if the spouse goes back to home country (here on visitor visa) and OWP arrives?

Does she need to take the work visa to return or she can use the multiple entry visitor visa?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
If your husband is working full-time, I will give you the letter, ask him to have his boss sign it. He takes that, a DL (if he has one), his work permit, and his passport to Service Ontario. OHIP is his too then.

ECAS is updated every day. Looks like the update failed again though, as they dropped a bunch of lines from my sponsorship application again.
OMG i thought it was me that they drop of few lines, could be decison made or what and i am worried i was going to call them when i did it was like 30 mins and i am like screw it that is how i found out they are working on july 2015 people

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:

I thought it was just me on ecase and but i check all 5 categories it says still in process or i dunno

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RK10 said:
What happens if the spouse goes back to home country (here on visitor visa) and OWP arrives?

Does she need to take the work visa to return or she can use the multiple entry visitor visa?
Entirely depends. How long did she go for? The OWP does not permit entry into Canada. It only permits the holder to remain and work in Canada. To enter, she needs to have a visitor visa, TRV, etc.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
We assume ours is simple too. Russian applicant, no kids (I have one from a previous relationship that she is fond of and they are close -- we proved it to CIC), we both work, we own a home, etc. It's pretty simple we thought. The only stickler might be the civil ceremony, which she assures me is a common occurrence back home. She has also been here before on a Multiple Entry Visitor Visa...

So, we will see what happens I guess. I would be interested to see if Maria passes us, because she is Romanian (I believe they also have something like a labour book).
Labour book and laziest government workers on this planet! Plus, I should add that my app was filed only in July and no PCC request.
So not a chance of passing you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Labour book and laziest government workers on this planet! Plus, I should add that my app was filed only in July and no PCC request.
Means nothing. I'd laugh if you did pass us, to be honest. It would make me happy

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Means nothing. I'd laugh if you did pass us, to be honest. It would make me happy
Pass you? Naaah. Coordinate with you, maybe. I'd say spring is an awesome time for landing parties. You can barbecue, I can bake, and we will definitely put Mrs. Profiler in charge of booze suppling from "mother Russia" (it's a old Romanian appellative from the communist era)!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Pass you? Naaah. Coordinate with you, maybe. I'd say spring is an awesome time for landing parties. You can barbecue, I can bake, and we will definitely put Mrs. Profiler in charge of booze suppling from "mother Russia" (it's a old Romanian appellative from the communist era)!
Noo, Mrs Profiler is NOT the booze-y kind. The odd cocktail, semi-sweet red, Fruli, cider, Guinness, or sip of craft beer if I am recommending it. Otherwise, she is out. I know, strange that she won't touch the demon-wodka huh? I also fear her lack of attention to detail. I fear her free-pour. I'd better handle the barbequeing and the drinks. ;)

*mutters: one for you, two for me, and one for you, and two for me!*

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
maria_mirabela said:
Maria that takes time i think it takes months for pcc i am not sure but profiler is pcc a good sign