Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
profiler said:
Anyway I asked about the Ruskie origin because I suspect they might take longer with the Ruskies. They have to perform a verification on your labour book, on all translated documents, etc. So I suspect it might take time to get that done. Though it would beg the question if all FSU countries of origin (Belarus, Ukraine, and friends -- I am looking at you!) take more time because of the same...

*ponders*
It would be interesting to see if that is the case. You are on the same timeline as me and I have the easiest application ever so I guess we will see

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
she has been in Canada for many years legally already on student and work permits, having completed an entire university degree here

but yes, there were a few translated documents (although that would be the same for most countries in the world wouldn't it?)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
she has been in Canada for many years legally already on student and work permits, having completed an entire university degree here

but yes, there were a few translated documents (although that would be the same for most countries in the world wouldn't it?)
Yeah I tossed an edit on the original note to state it would be the same for any non-anglophone countries of origin..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Is this so that you could check your wife's account without using her banking info?
That was the intent, yeah. But it's ok, I just ask and she logs me in.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
It would be interesting to see if that is the case. You are on the same timeline as me and I have the easiest application ever so I guess we will see
We assume ours is simple too. Russian applicant, no kids (I have one from a previous relationship that she is fond of and they are close -- we proved it to CIC), we both work, we own a home, etc. It's pretty simple we thought. The only stickler might be the civil ceremony, which she assures me is a common occurrence back home. She has also been here before on a Multiple Entry Visitor Visa...

So, we will see what happens I guess. I would be interested to see if Maria passes us, because she is Romanian (I believe they also have something like a labour book).

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
WEDNESDAY 10:30 AM EST - TUNE IN ON FACEBOOK!

"I hope you can join me on Wednesday for an announcement on Family Reunification." John McCallum
"Join Minister McCallum LIVE on Facebook. An announcement on family reunification will be broadcast at 10:30 am EST, December 7. Facebook.com/CitCanda"
https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/videos/1481421655205259/

Assuming this is an update since the 2 month study on Family Reunification has now concluded (CIMM meetings that started in October)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
WEDNESDAY 10:30 AM EST - TUNE IN ON FACEBOOK!

"I hope you can join me on Wednesday for an announcement on Family Reunification." John McCallum
"Join Minister McCallum LIVE on Facebook. An announcement on family reunification will be broadcast at 10:30 am EST, December 7. Facebook.com/CitCanda"
https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/videos/1481421655205259/

Assuming this is an update since the 2 month study on Family Reunification has now concluded (CIMM meetings that started in October)
Extension of OWP indefinitely is my guess.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Extension of OWP indefinitely is my guess.
we need shorter waiting time on inland PR applications, my spouse's life is kind of on hold waiting in the meantime, she can't even apply for the courses she wants until PR is finalized, and there is a long lead time from application for university until the semester even starts, so years are going by waiting....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
we need shorter waiting time on inland PR applications, my spouse's life is kind of on hold waiting in the meantime, she can't even apply for the courses she wants until PR is finalized, and there is a long lead time from application for university until the semester even starts, so years are going by waiting....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/trudeau-metro-morning-immigration-improvements-1.3880501

Enjoy, every one!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
volkov said:
hi volkov me,Gabrielhca and other people who are sponsoring our spouses inland. some of our journeys started in early 2015,mid 2015 and me included in late 2015 with sponsoring our spouse inland. we have been a year in the game you must understand there is a pecking order first us the 2015 than the 2016 people like us 2015 people inland spouse sponsorship has like 12 to 14 months to go i am sorry about being rude about it bu there is so many people including us ahead of you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
hi volkov me,Gabrielhca and other people who are sponsoring our spouses inland. some of our journeys started in early 2015,mid 2015 and me included in late 2015 with sponsoring our spouse inland. we have been a year in the game you must understand there is a pecking order first us the 2015 than the 2016 people like us 2015 people inland spouse sponsorship has like 12 to 14 months to go i am sorry about being rude about it bu there is so many people including us ahead of you
Hi Carol:
Imagine going into a bank to take out a few dollars from your account. You wait in line behind someone in the queue. A teller slot opens up, and the person in front of you goes to the only open teller in the bank. They decide to pay every bill they have ever had, move money from bonds to a savings account, and perhaps open a new chequing account. It's like this every time you visit the bank, it seems.

Question: How long would it take before you decided not to bank there any more? My guess, probably not long.

This simulation was to express a point. IRCC does not process applications in sequence that they arrive. Consider that the paying of bills might be someone having to get PCC's; the moving of money from bonds to an account could be the examination of a dependant overseas, the opening of a new account could be a medical. Imagine having to wait while the people in front of you would have to complete those tasks?

Thankfully, IRCC does not work like a bank. You are in a queue still, but it is not first-in, first-out. Therefore, cases will not complete in the sequence they came in. Some cases will only have a minor amount of processing, where others will have a tremendous amount.

I understand the urge to analyse, understand and expect when your turn is. That's a primal trait. You want to be finished the process just as bad as every one else does. However, you cannot use the temporal linkage of submission date as an anchor to develop theories of when your turn will be. It has zero basis in fact. We are all here commiserating. We are in this together.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Hi Carol:
Imagine going into a bank to take out a few dollars from your account. You wait in line behind someone in the queue. A teller slot opens up, and the person in front of you goes to the only open teller in the bank. They decide to pay every bill they have ever had, move money from bonds to a savings account, and perhaps open a new chequing account. It's like this every time you visit the bank, it seems.

I understanding what your saying and it can be that cic and ircc are under staff. there is nothung else we can do because certain countries they do more investigation or cases

Question: How long would it take before you decided not to bank there any more? My guess, probably not long.

This simulation was to express a point. IRCC does not process applications in sequence that they arrive. Consider that the paying of bills might be someone having to get PCC's; the moving of money from bonds to an account could be the examination of a dependant overseas, the opening of a new account could be a medical. Imagine having to wait while the people in front of you would have to complete those tasks?

Thankfully, IRCC does not work like a bank. You are in a queue still, but it is not first-in, first-out. Therefore, cases will not complete in the sequence they came in. Some cases will only have a minor amount of processing, where others will have a tremendous amount.

I understand the urge to analyse, understand and expect when your turn is. That's a primal trait. You want to be finished the process just as bad as every one else does. However, you cannot use the temporal linkage of submission date as an anchor to develop theories of when your turn will be. It has zero basis in fact. We are all here commiserating. We are in this together.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
I understanding what your saying and it can be that cic and ircc are under staff. there is nothung else we can do because certain countries they do more investigation or cases
Not really that they are understaffed. That there is no first-in, first-out.

Then what explains the IRCC processing 2016 cases before 2015 cases? Why are there still May 2015 applicants who have yet to hear anything? If you order your GCMS notes, you will see a field called "Group #". That's the group IRCC assigned you to be processed in. I am assuming the groups are reasonably balanced, which explains why you will see waves of cases from a specific time being completed around the same time as each other (+/- 2 months). I cannot comment on what the linkages between groupings are, and why one group over another, but I can assure you that it's relating to groups.

In Computer Science, we have similar data structures to describe both the first-in, first-out, and the concurrent (parallel) queue. IRCC is the later, not the former. There is a mountain of evidence to support that assertion.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Not really that they are understaffed. That there is no first-in, first-out.

Then what explains the IRCC processing 2016 cases before 2015 cases? Why are there still May 2015 applicants who have yet to hear anything? If you order your GCMS notes, you will see a field called "Group #". That's the group IRCC assigned you to be processed in. I am assuming the groups are reasonably balanced, which explains why you will see waves of cases from a specific time being completed around the same time as each other (+/- 2 months). I cannot comment on what the linkages between groupings are, and why one group over another, but I can assure you that it's relating to groups.

In Computer Science, we have similar data structures to describe both the first-in, first-out, and the concurrent (parallel) queue. IRCC is the later, not the former. There is a mountain of evidence to support that assertion.
Uhuh I got it now they are not working in order could be favoriatetism

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.