Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
volkov said:
I tried signing up with my uci number and information, then also tried signing up with my uci number and the application number, a few different variations, failed every time

my spouse has also tried linking too and failed
I'm not sure if you mentioned what you've tried before but what worked for me was leaving the city of birth blank. Where they give you the option to either put in passport info or city of birth, choose city of birth but put just a space in it, and select country. Also only the principal applicant can link the application, not the sponsor

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Until your application is linked, you will get emails. There are a few threads on the forum to help, or you can try googling: "mycic link application" (thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/linking-application-to-cic-account-t451233.0.html ).

Your GCMS notes will be at least 30 days old when you get them...
thanks

so do people request a new gcms notes right when they get these? ie. I should keep requesting every month?

I've tried most of the tips to get linked, they always fail, the system could be a lot more user friendly, like I wonder if putting "1" as number of applicants is wrong and causing it all to fail, so should put "2" even though my spouse is the only 1 I am sponsoring, then if I go through the whole process again putting 2 and it fails, so I start to second guess another possible change, and by the time you try all the tips and the various conjugations of it you could be trying to link a few dozen times and after a few fails it just seems pointless

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
justxher said:
I'm not sure if you mentioned what you've tried before but what worked for me was leaving the city of birth blank. Where they give you the option to either put in passport info or city of birth, choose city of birth but put just a space in it, and select country. Also only the principal applicant can link the application, not the sponsor
I'll try that, but shouldn't the sponsor be able to link his sponsor application? maybe that is my problem, and we will try the tip you mention about city being blank for my spouse, thanks ))

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
volkov said:
thanks

so do people request a new gcms notes right when they get these? ie. I should keep requesting every month?

I've tried most of the tips to get linked, they always fail, the system could be a lot more user friendly, like I wonder if putting "1" as number of applicants is wrong and causing it all to fail, so should put "2" even though my spouse is the only 1 I am sponsoring, then if I go through the whole process again putting 2 and it fails, so I start to second guess another possible change, and by the time you try all the tips and the various conjugations of it you could be trying to link a few dozen times and after a few fails it just seems pointless
The sponsor counts, it has to be 2. When you get your GCMS notes it will actually show you the details they have in the system so you'll know what to put in to get it to link.

For us, they screwed up and put "Connecticut" under city of birth instead of New Haven which is why it wouldn't link. They're not very careful putting the info in...

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
volkov said:
I'll try that, but shouldn't the sponsor be able to link his sponsor application? maybe that is my problem, and we will try the tip you mention about city being blank for my spouse, thanks ))
Nope, for some reason the sponsor application is not included in their list of applications that can be linked in mycic. Maybe that will change some day. It's only recently (in the past few months) that sponsorship applications have been added to mycic

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
thanks

Use as little information as possible. Use your Application Number and fill in the bare minimum (put a space for city). Those are some tricks others have used.

As for notes, It's not really worth ordering every month since inland moves slower. You in theory can, but you might be better to try every other month.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
I wonder how many people have shown up at his constituency office or called and flipped out on his Communications Officer...

I dunno if know in Markham is mostly Chinese and Pakistanis that live there

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
I dunno if know in Markham is mostly Chinese and Pakistanis that live there
I mean I am apparently 1 hour and 1 minute drive from the office according to Google Maps. So, how many decided they were pissed enough to pay his office a visit I wonder...

On second thought, there is probably CSIS agents and RCMP every where...

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
thanks profiler and justxher, finally got it to link for her, really appreciate your help

March applicant, the details on mycic read:

application status: open
review of eligibility: not started
review of medical: not needed at this time
review of submitted documents: blank
scheduling interview: not needed at this time
a background check is needed: in progress
final decision: not started

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
thanks profiler and justxher, finally got it to link for her, really appreciate your help

March applicant, the details on mycic read:

application status: open
review of eligibility: not started
review of medical: not needed at this time
review of submitted documents: blank
scheduling interview: not needed at this time
a background check is needed: in progress
final decision: not started
Yup, no surprise here. Russian applicant right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
yes :)

I'm still trying to link my sponsor info to mycic for myself..... is it truly impossible?
You're in the Principal Applicant perspective. You only get a narrow view. The Sponsor sees both applications. But myCIC does not have the Sponsorship Application from what I recall.

Anyway I asked about the Ruskie origin because I suspect they might take longer with the Ruskies. They have to perform a verification on your labour book, on all translated documents, etc. So I suspect it might take time to get that done. Though it would beg the question if all FSU countries of origin (Belarus, Ukraine, and friends -- I am looking at you!) take more time because of the same...

*ponders*

EDIT: That would have to be true for any non-anglophone countries of origin then. Perhaps verification takes time for the "boots on the ground" in Russia? I know the Embassy of Canada in Russia in Moscow are probably the laziest people on the planet. If CSIS is working from that office (highly doubtful that the spy agency would operate that much in the open) then it might explain a few things...

My line of thought stems from my wife having the same delay it seemed. I was assured that Security and Criminality were underway though..

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
volkov said:
yes :)

I'm still trying to link my sponsor info to mycic for myself..... is it truly impossible?
yes it is impossible right now

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
yes it is impossible right now

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)
The disappointing part is, once the applicant has created an account and linked it, you cannot re-link it. We found out.

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
profiler said:
The disappointing part is, once the applicant has created an account and linked it, you cannot re-link it. We found out.
Is this so that you could check your wife's account without using her banking info?