00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
You mean to say, it's "lost in the mail"? ;). We will see that in the notes anyway I am sure.
Yes, I am pretty sure we never received the darn email they "supposedly" sent by batch.

profiler said:
But from what I know, we are still at CPC-Mississauga. So, AOR2 is only to announce the VO that will be working the case -- from what I understand -- right??
Really, I did not know that.

From what I saw in GCMS notes, we are still in Mississauga. Maybe we can compare when you get yours.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
From what I saw in GCMS notes, we are still in Mississauga. Maybe we can compare when you get yours.
Looking forward to it. Should have them by next Thursday... I did say *should*

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
... it official.
My husbands landing interview is next week! God is soooo good.
He's been waiting for this for a long time, and we received an email
this morning indicating his PR granting interview in Etobicoke.
That was fast. I guess I don't need those notes I ordered after all.
We also paid for his OWP that we never got so I guess that money went down the drain. Lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sheisoptimistic said:
... it official.
My husbands landing interview is next week!
That's fantastic! Congrats!

sheisoptimistic said:
We also paid for his OWP that we never got so I guess that money went down the drain. Lol
If I could pay $255 to be finished the process already, I would. If I could pay $610 I would.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
profiler said:
If I could pay $255 to be finished the process already, I would. If I could pay $610 I would.
Thank you.
And your absolutely Right! I believe you will be done soon as well, looking at your timeline.
And I don't care for all the money I spent it's worth it to be holding the document in our hands...
Nothing compares to the feeling he has right now.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sheisoptimistic said:
Thank you.
And your absolutely Right! I believe you will be done soon as well, looking at your timeline.
And I don't care for all the money I spent it's worth it to be holding the document in our hands...
Nothing compares to the feeling he has right now.
Thanks, here's to hoping!

Really great news. I needed to hear something good from CIC this week... thank you!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
sheisoptimistic said:
... it official.
He's been waiting for this for a long time, and we received an email
this morning indicating his PR granting interview in Etobicoke.
That was fast. I guess I don't need those notes I ordered after all.
Congrats Sheisoptimistic! Wow, this is great news.

Let us know how the landing interview goes.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
browning911 said:
Congrats Sheisoptimistic! Wow, this is great news.

Let us know how the landing interview goes.
Thank you! Will do.
Doesn't look like your too far behind us as well, your app was received 7 days after ours.
I'm hoping you get through fast as well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
profiler said:
Hi gang,

To those with OWP's, or who have applied for OWP's. We encountered an interesting situation that I want to make everyone aware of. We are hoping to avoid any one else for encountering this ... situation.

Back story:
My wife got an OWP in June. She was looking for work in July and beginning of August. My mother-in-law was scheduled to visit for the last week of August - first week of September. During 'the occupation', my wife was not intending on working, and was going to spend that time with her mom. Well, she was offered a job from a local company that she had already interviewed at during 'the occupation'. She accepted. The contract (I reviewed) seemed fine -- wage was a little low and no benefits, but my job offsets all of that. So it seemed to be fine. Start date was....today.

The now:
Today my wife started talking to me about having to close a relationship with a local employment services for immigrants because her employer needs her to sign some paperwork. My interest became piqued, because I was aware of a program that funds on the job training. This program is called the Canada Job Grant. It is offered as a means for small, medium and large companies to be able to subsidize training to build the workforce they need to be successful. This program is offered as partnership between the feds and the provincial governments. In our case, it would be the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.

I started to ask a little more, and her employer calls. Imagine: 8pm, a chief accountant from a financial services company calling a fresh employee to talk about her first day. When she asked about the paperwork, he tried to gloss over what it was, and instead just state, "It's not a social assistance, it's something that all companies do now to outsource training."

Ya....right....

She did tell him that she is waiting for her PR, and does have limits with respect to what she can sign. He seemed to accept that on the phone -- we will see if this is a reality or not.

So I did some digging, and sure enough, it seems like this is what they are trying to force her into. The program is only eligible for Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or Protected Persons. Not Temporary Workers. This is an explicit distinction made. The program was actually introduced in 2013 to help to provide the training to Canadians, and to help make them marketable to those companies who would normally hire Temporary Foreign Workers.

My wife was smart not to sign anything just yet. I have provided instruction to ask them to take it home to talk to me about it.

Conclusion of this rant
Be cautious of employers. If they ask you to sign something that sounds like a grant to get you trained for free, or to have the training 'outsourced', ask questions!

To the sponsors:
This would appear to be something that can be taxable. Therefore, it may be considered a type of social assistance, as the applicant must be approved. I would expect the application would be denied, but I am unsure if any details of the application would be forwarded to IRCC.

More details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Job_Grant

Good luck folks, and Happy Job Hunting!
I wanted to post a quick update to this, for those with OWP's and who may be wondering what happened.

- We did reach out to IRCC, but of course, we already have an answer from another channel before they reply.
- The employer and the post-secondary institution wanted to see the information I had dug up, because they were 100% certain that they would be able to present the application to the government to have the training paid for (and her income paid). Upon seeing what I found (about an hour of processing time), they advised her that she would not be eligible for the grant as they originally thought.
- So far, they have continued to provide training, and did say, "Don't worry about it." The sense from this conversation made my wife feel very badly. Her words were 'I felt like the stupid immigrant.' Of course that infuriates me, but I cannot confront her employer about being a d-bag.

So, keep an eye out for colleges and universities providing on the job training, or having to fill out forms that look like a grant.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
sheisoptimistic said:
... it official.
Congrats!!! That's fantastic news!
They are moving faster indeed.

sheisoptimistic said:
They processed the PR app faster than the OWP app?!?! :eek:

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
I wanted to post a quick update to this, for those with OWP's and who may be wondering what happened.

- We did reach out to IRCC, but of course, we already have an answer from another channel before they reply.
- The employer and the post-secondary institution wanted to see the information I had dug up, because they were 100% certain that they would be able to present the application to the government to have the training paid for (and her income paid). Upon seeing what I found (about an hour of processing time), they advised her that she would not be eligible for the grant as they originally thought.
- So far, they have continued to provide training, and did say, "Don't worry about it." The sense from this conversation made my wife feel very badly. Her words were 'I felt like the stupid immigrant.' Of course that infuriates me, but I cannot confront her employer about being a d-bag.

So, keep an eye out for colleges and universities providing on the job training, or having to fill out forms that look like a grant.
Thanks for posting this Profiler. It will encourage everyone to be extremely cautious.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
sheisoptimistic said:
Thank you! Will do.
Doesn't look like your too far behind us as well, your app was received 7 days after ours.
I'm hoping you get through fast as well.
From your fingers to God's ears. :)

maria_mirabela said:
Life is good when your PR processes faster than your OWP. lol

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
maria_mirabela said:
The OWP was not sent with the app.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
pedropil said:
Just received my OWP in the mailbox. Total 119 Days.
congrats!! still havent got mine in the mail yet! they posted it 25th august :( i rang them to check all ways good their end and they said the mailed it 25th aug and confirmed the address.... also rang service canada and they need original OWP to get SIN, not the PDF 'version' CIC send you when you get approved.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi guys,

I am about to apply to Sponsor my spouse and I need your help to make a big decision. Should I apply Inland or Outland ? My only concern regarding Inland is LONG processing times and Immobility to travel Oustide during processing. For 2016, I have noticed a shorter processing times. Is that correct?

Thank you.