+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm December 21, 2015 applicant and still no updates :(
I got my second AOR in Feb this year, my Owp in April, did upfront medical last August, cic requested for police clearance and submitted it together with the proof of medical...
anyone who made an application after me that already got a DM? :( its so frustrating to wait :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
subtain said:
Hi guys,

I am about to apply to Sponsor my spouse and I need your help to make a big decision. Should I apply Inland or Outland ? My only concern regarding Inland is LONG processing times and Immobility to travel Oustide during processing. For 2016, I have noticed a shorter processing times. Is that correct?

Thank you.
Where are they from?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
I'm December 21, 2015 applicant and still no updates :(
I got my second AOR in Feb this year, my Owp in April, did upfront medical last August, cic requested for police clearance and submitted it together with the proof of medical...
anyone who made an application after me that already got a DM? :( its so frustrating to wait :(
I feel your pain. We submitted March 2 2016, just two months after you did. We don't even have an AOR2. I did order GCMS notes so I can see what's going on with our case. We also submitted medical upfront and PCC. The only correspondence they sent us was to ask for a new PCC August 10th.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? In the case that there is something in there that you can resolve?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
subtain said:
Me and my wife both are from Pakistan. I am a permanent resident and my wife is on an Open Work Permit.
I am confused. How did she get an OWP? I thought OWP's were only issued in very specific cases, like inland applications.

In any case, from what I have read about what happened to the Islamabad VO, you might want to consider applying inland. Parallel threads on this forum have users sharing posts of dispaire with respect to their applications being held up in London UK after they applied outland. They closed the Islamabad VO and all of the cases in the queue ended up being moved to London. That caused the office to slow to a crawl.

That said, inland isn't an easy process. You have to acknowledge the following:
- Your wife should not leave Canada during the process. If she does, there is a risk the CBSA might refuse re-entry into Canada. If they do that, the CIC could consider the case as abandoned. There may also be a restriction on a PR who is the sponsor from leaving during processing as well -- but please check into this.
- You give up the right to appeal the case, if the case is refused. Refusal would mean you would have to re-apply once you have corrected the reasons for the refusal.
- You must maintain status in Canada (both of you). OWP is one means to be able to do that. Other's just extend visits by (re-)applying for extensions.

For many, inland seems like a bad choice. But, it does mean you don't have to wait for your loved one to be with you.

There has been an increased velocity in cases submitted before June 13 due to an inventory reduction program that CIC is currently aggressively applying. So it can't be said for sure that applying now would result in a faster time. But compared to the London VO times, I bet the worst time (26 months) might be equivalent to what London VO processing times are .. that's what others are reporting...

Hopefully that perspective helps you to choose...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@June, I am sponsoring my husband inland sponsorship on December 8,2015 it all started and I do check our e-case maybe 2 or times a day and it says the same thing it was last date modified on July 25,2016. We are dealing with an immgration consultant and I do email her every Tuesday to see if we got the PPR,RRPF or copr request or landing interview request you see my husband is from a visa exempt country. So last friday I actually called CIC about the why it says date last modified on July 25,2016 and the agent actually told me that we have an officer working on our application and she can tell it was my first time calling cause i got the numbers mixed up and she was actually nice to me and I am like you do not understand how stressful it can be because we want this all behind us and move on with our lives and she was like I do understand and just hang in there and the way she explain an officer is working on our file and some do put updates and some don't.
Best of luck and god bless
Carolbb23

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Can someone provide me link to order GCMS notes ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Can someone provide me link to order GCMS notes ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
profiler said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Thanks for this Profiler! I was going to ask someone for this soon! Also it says you have to be a Citizen or Resident to do this? I assume that my Canadian partner has to request this rather than I the applicant? Also from other comments on here, is it correct that you can only do this every 30 days?

Thank you in advance for any answers on this!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
bex0987 said:
Thanks for this Profiler! I was going to ask someone for this soon! Also it says you have to be a Citizen or Resident to do this? I assume that my Canadian partner has to request this rather than I the applicant? Also from other comments on here, is it correct that you can only do this every 30 days?

Thank you in advance for any answers on this!!
Np. Just ask next time :)

You can request them anytime apparently. Most people say 30 day cadence is good because they likely won't touch your file (so little update).

You have to have your partner apply. There is a release form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf that has to be filled out. If you request under Access to Information (ATI) it costs $5. If you request under the Privacy Act (PA) it's apparently free. I did make my own request under PA for my wife and I, and have not yet seen it (it's due Thursday).

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
profiler said:

You can request them anytime apparently. Most people say 30 day cadence is good because they likely won't touch your file (so little update).

You have to have your partner apply. There is a release form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf that has to be filled out. If you request under Access to Information (ATI) it costs $5. If you request under the Privacy Act (PA) it's apparently free. I did make my own request under PA for my wife and I, and have not yet seen it (it's due Thursday).
Thanks for the response! I hadnt asked yet because when I check on the status of my application that CICacknowledged receipt for at the end of July start of August it still says OPEN. So it looks like all they have done with it so far is opened it and added it to their system and then its probably sitting in some pile still somewhere :) . I think ill wait until the end of October to request the notes and hopefully it will start to have been looked at!

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Guys what we have to select in GCMS notes

Q1 ) officers notes or correspondence sent from IRCC ? --------- which should be selected for more detailed info ?
Q2) Immigration file of sponsored person or sponsors information ? --------- which should be selected for more detailed info ?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:

Bex, you don't need to be a citizen or permanent resident to apply. You simply need to be currently living in Canada, which you are (I assume). So you can skip that consent form and apply for yourself under the Privacy Act.
To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Guys what we have to select in GCMS notes

Q1 ) officers notes or correspondence sent from IRCC ? --------- which should be selected for more detailed info ?
Q2) Immigration file of sponsored person or sponsors information ? --------- which should be selected for more detailed info ?
I asked for the immigration file and in the comments I asked for all GCMS notes for both applications.

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
hello!!! does anyone know how long it takes to get the AOR? i sent my application on aug 18th and i have no idea what happened with it. and i need my AOR to get my drivers license asap. :'(