Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
vanitasensei said:
hello!!! does anyone know how long it takes to get the AOR? i sent my application on aug 18th and i have no idea what happened with it. and i need my AOR to get my drivers license asap. :'(
AOR can take 6-8 weeks from the day they receive your app.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Some updates: got AOR2 (applicant) today

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
AOR can take 6-8 weeks from the day they receive your app.
Not sure if it's the same for you, im in BC and couldnt get my driving licence with AOR's. Went into ICBC and they said no.

Sep 9, 2016
I need help I need to fed ex my husbands stuff to Kingston for his police certificate but fedex won't do the return slip payment. How do I get this done guys I really need your help.

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
Ringlands said:
Not sure if it's the same for you, im in BC and couldnt get my driving licence with AOR's. Went into ICBC and they said no.
really? i am in BC too and i went to ICBC office and they told me they can give me a full license, since ive been driving since 2009, all they need is a paper saying that i am doing the process for immigration, so i told them that i will get the AOR and i explained what it was and they told me that it was fine, i can do it with that, i just have to take the test.

what did they tell you? you gotta wait the whole 26 months?? :eek:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So, in Ontario, my wife was able to get a DL with her passport. They need photo ID with a signature.

She wrote the test the same day, and walked out able to drive a car (under graduated licensing).

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
vanitasensei said:
really? i am in BC too and i went to ICBC office and they told me they can give me a full license, since ive been driving since 2009, all they need is a paper saying that i am doing the process for immigration, so i told them that i will get the AOR and i explained what it was and they told me that it was fine, i can do it with that, i just have to take the test.

what did they tell you? you gotta wait the whole 26 months?? :eek:
they said they AOR wont be enough as it need to give you stats like height eye colour etc becasue the AOR doesnt really give much info about yourself. IF you do manage to take your OAR in and actually come out with a licence let me know and ill try again!!!!

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
So, in Ontario, my wife was able to get a DL with her passport, her work permit, and her (translated) birth certificate.

She wrote the test the same day, and walked out able to drive a car (under graduated licensing).
sounds like ive been fobbed off....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
sounds like ive been fobbed off....
My wife corrected me. Just a passport (and I was standing beside her)

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
My wife corrected me. Just a passport (and I was standing beside her)
ooo i really was fobbed off then as i took in my passport, birth cert and practically every type of ID I own and wasnt given it..... :mad:
to be honest im more eager to get my OWP in the mail!!!!!! 22days waiting so far... I have an interview tomorrow... awkward

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
PatientlyWaiting4Thalia said:
I need help I need to fed ex my husbands stuff to Kingston for his police certificate but fedex won't do the return slip payment. How do I get this done guys I really need your help.
Not sure what you mean by return slip payment...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
ooo i really was fobbed off then as i took in my passport, birth cert and practically every type of ID I own and wasnt given it..... :mad:
to be honest im more eager to get my OWP in the mail!!!!!! 22days waiting so far... I have an interview tomorrow... awkward
tbh, I have only seen that kind of mail service from government offices. I can send mail and it's there in <= 3 days to any address in Canada. Has been that way since....1980? CRA is notorious for this 'delay'... like their printer is slow or something...

Anyway, sorry to hear that you got 'fobbed off'. In Ontario it's easy for foreigners to drive. If you possessed a DL from another place, you might even be able to bypass graduated licensing (depending, of course). My wife did do some driving years ago, but didn't hold a DL, so she starts fresh. And I have loads of Xanax! ;)

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
PatientlyWaiting4Thalia said:
FedEx should let you pre-pay the courier fee from Jamaica to your address in Canada. It's only going to be documents coming back so the fee is fixed. Fold the envelope in half and stuff it in the FedEx envelope you are sending down there.

I've done with this with FedEx and UPS in the past. Both seemed like a routine operation to the dude at the counter.

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
Finally I have received my first AOR last night. (36 days). Looking forward to receiving my letter to send my undertaking application to MICC.

Sep 9, 2016
polarvolcano said:
FedEx should let you pre-pay the courier fee from Jamaica to your address in Canada. It's only going to be documents coming back so the fee is fixed. Fold the envelope in half and stuff it in the FedEx envelope you are sending down there.

I've done with this with FedEx and UPS in the past. Both seemed like a routine operation to the dude at the counter.
Should I put the cic address as my return address or my address and then send it to cic