Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
Me too :)

God knows I have paid enough taxes my whole life in this country, and gotten very little back.
so what's the name of the progam Mrs. Profiler currently getting free english classes with? is it through CIC, the language assessment centre, a local school board, the ymca or other?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
so which program is Mrs. Profiler currently getting free english classes with?
Actually, if you had a quick look to the left
<-- right there

You'd see we submitted an IELTS. She attended only english schools. She received employment services assistance from a YMCA Immigrant assistance centre. And yes, they validated they could help her with just her OWP. No fear for losing the program.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
<-- right there

You'd see we submitted an IELTS. She attended only english schools. She received employment services assistance from a YMCA Immigrant assistance centre. And yes, they validated they could help her with just her OWP. No fear for losing the program.
so then why are you suggesting visitors can get free english classes? employment service assistance when you have a work permit is not the same as free english classes. why wouldn't she be eligible for these services if she is legally allowed to work? one thing has nothing to do with the other. as already linked, the eligiblity for free english classes that are specifically funded by immigration requires a person to be a landed PR or have refugee status. this is not the same thing as getting employment services from the YMCA when you have an OWP.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
profiler said:
heh. I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. Funny how Ms Profiler was able to access things that stated the same though...for free. Imagine that? She asked, they helped. Oh, and no AIP either. Barely an OWP at the time! :)

If he doesn't want to pay for it, call them. He has been given options. Up to him to decide what to do.
Seriously IDK if things are quite different here but everywhere I've been or called it's always about the damn AIP. I'm gonna definitely look at this but I confess I did some research but either I have too much bad luck or I'm looking at the wrong places

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
CDNPR2014 said:
then i'm guessing Mrs. Profiler is NOt accessing Free ESL classes that are through the LINC program that is funded by CIC. That is against the rules, and that place can lose it's funding if CIC finds out during an audit. glad mrs. profiler can access free services without being a PR. i'm not saying local school boards don't do this or the Language and Assessment Centre doesn't assess people without proper documentation in certain cases. i'm saying its virtually impossible for a visitor to get access to the LINC program without an AIP. again, if a place is doing this, then they are risking their funding and certification for that program.
Actually guys I don't care if it's LINC, ESL or any other thing. I need my wife to learn English and be able to communicate now. No matter where this is as long as we can have it for free or at low cost

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
fabianonetto said:
Seriously IDK if things are quite different here but everywhere I've been or called it's always about the damn AIP. I'm gonna definitely look at this but I confess I did some research but either I have too much bad luck or I'm looking at the wrong places
profiler said:
<-- right there

unfortunately your situation is not the same as mrs. profiler's. mrs. profiler did not get free services for english language classes. mrs. profiler received employment services at the YMCA, which makes sense because she has an OWP.

while i agree it doesn't hurt to call and ask, i'm doubtful your wife will be able to get eligibility for the CIC funded classes before AIP or getting PR.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
fabianonetto said:
Actually guys I don't care if it's LINC, ESL or any other thing. I need my wife to learn English and be able to communicate now. No matter where this is as long as we can have it for free or at low cost
again, check colleges and adult education classes through the boards of education. best of luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
so then why are you suggesting visitors can get free english classes? employment service assistance when you have a work permit is not the same as free english classes. why wouldn't she be eligible for these services if she is legally allowed to work? one thing has nothing to do with the other. as already linked, the eligiblity for free english classes that are specifically funded by immigration requires a person to be a landed PR or have refugee status. this is not the same thing as getting employment services from the YMCA when you have an OWP.
It wasn't about me. It was about the OP, CDNPR2014.

If they ask there are community services available. Including ESL. The college you work (ed) for is one such place. Conestoga for sure is another.

Free ESL. No ID. Just work it out with the co-ordinator. They get funding basd on services provided. You'd know that too...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fabianonetto said:
Community Colleges and schools have literacy programs that they may also be able to put your partner into. These programs are funded by government money, and exist because people are using them.

The co-ordinators keep their jobs by keeping the programs going. This is why it's important to try to reach the co-ordinator directly face to face. I got free classes years ago by the same means. And no ID requested -- meaning they have no idea if I am a citizem or not...

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Hey guys ..

Looks like CIC is processing applications really slow ...literally very low progress from last 3 months...

1)Which health plans did you guys go for ?

2)What all people with no jobs doin ?

LindsBell

Apr 13, 2016
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I am in the process of getting my drivers licence in Ontario. I have had a licence from my home country for more than 3 years and it unfortunately not from a place where they can do a straight swap over. I do however have a letter of authenticity from my government, so this means I just have to do the written test (which I passed) and now I can do my G test. So just checking if this is true-I cannot drive/practice on any highway with my wife who is Canadian (had her drivers licence for more than 10 years) but only with an instructor? And I see you have to have proof you have driven on the highway when you go for the G Licence. So is it true to say even if you have experience everyone will have to get an instructor at one point? Thanks in advance.... I always come on this site at least twice a day to get my fix..... and I would personally like to thank Profiler for all his updates/feedback/knowledge and information.... you make this process a lot easier for us :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LindsBell said:
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I am in the process of getting my drivers licence in Ontario. I have had a licence from my home country for more than 3 years and it unfortunately not from a place where they can do a straight swap over. I do however have a letter of authenticity from my government, so this means I just have to do the written test (which I passed) and now I can do my G test. So just checking if this is true-I cannot drive/practice on any highway with my wife who is Canadian (had her drivers licence for more than 10 years) but only with an instructor? And I see you have to have proof you have driven on the highway when you go for the G Licence. So is it true to say even if you have experience everyone will have to get an instructor at one point? Thanks in advance.... I always come on this site at least twice a day to get my fix..... and I would personally like to thank Profiler for all his updates/feedback/knowledge and information.... you make this process a lot easier for us :D
What class of licrnse did they give you when you passed your written test? G1? G2?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
Me too :)

God knows I have paid enough taxes my whole life in this country, and gotten very little back.
pfft, gotten very little back, yeah right. What about those $10,000 surgeries every year covered by OHIP you were talking about before?

EDIT: or how about your job in an industry subsidized by the Canadian government?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
pfft, gotten very little back, yeah right. What about those $10,000 surgeries every year covered by OHIP you were talking about before?

EDIT: or how about your job in an industry subsidized by the Canadian government?
And I pay 28% income tax for the last 25 years. Not to mention my forefathers. My family's presence in Ontario/Upper Canada dates to 1830. That's a lot of tax. Also the procedures are reasonably new (5years, once per yr; result of an MVA). The total is some where around 11k/yr. It's a spinal procedure, each nerve is 1k. Both sides at 1 level is 2k. 5 levels... well... you do the math.

He wants to do more now... scary since last time I actually stopped breathing..

Anyway, all that to say, an hour of time is an even trade I would say... ;). They can book it on my SIN if they like.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
And I pay 28% income tax for the last 25 years. Not to mention my forefathers. An hour of time is an even trade I would say... ;)
I think you're getting a pretty good deal. Bear in mind you're only going cost the system more as you get older. :)