IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
FHN is family Health Network. I am surprised a family doctor would not roster a patient who is a family member. Our doctor said he would roster anyone who is related to me who needs a doctor -- OHIP or not.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@Profiler: Couple of weeks back (Nov 4, to be precise) you answered my query on upfront medical examination. Here is the answer:

" Sent automagically through the ether (internets). It's also linked automagically to your app by UCI #.

But send a CSE with the copy your physician gave you as a backup.

Your UCI (from your visa or eTA) or application number works. "

Now, what did you mean by CSE? I am also trying to send the upfront medical with the OWP application I am gonna send in a week. Do I just make a copy of the sheet Doc will give me as my personal copy (hopefully in next 5 days I am gonna get it), and send in the OWP application package?

Thanks
Sam

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
fabianonetto said:
She is doing ESL but we're paying for it. 600 bucks a month. Yes, everytime she needs to see a doctor I gotta be there to translate. She's got visitor status valid till October 2017 but I really hope this ends before that.
while i do still suggest calling the colleges directly and talking to a manager in registration, i'm not sure the canadian ESL programs cost any less than that. generally, the colleges offer fulltime academic english programs. Sheridan College is a good place to start, however the canadian fees for the program is about $4000/year. not sure how much more affordable that really is...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: Couple of weeks back (Nov 4, to be precise) you answered my query on upfront medical examination. Here is the answer:

" Sent automagically through the ether (internets). It's also linked automagically to your app by UCI #.

But send a CSE with the copy your physician gave you as a backup.

Your UCI (from your visa or eTA) or application number works. "

Now, what did you mean by CSE? I am also trying to send the upfront medical with the OWP application I am gonna send in a week. Do I just make a copy of the sheet Doc will give me as my personal copy (hopefully in next 5 days I am gonna get it), and send in the OWP application package?

Thanks
Sam
Hey Sam,
Thanks for posting that (you can always just use a link to it as well). CSE = Case Specific Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx Yes just make a copy and send with the OWP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
while i do still suggest calling the colleges directly and talking to a manager in registration, i'm not sure the canadian ESL programs cost any less than that. generally, the colleges offer fulltime academic english programs. Sheridan College is a good place to start, however the canadian fees for the program is about $4000/year. not sure how much more affordable that really is...
I'll recommend going through Immigration Peel. They probably have a certain number of spots at the school allocated to them that are free; like "Community Service".

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
I'll recommend going through Immigration Peel. They probably have a certain number of spots at the school allocated to them that are free; like "Community Service".
he's already said he's contacted them and his wife requires an AIP to qualify for assessment. this is very typical if they are promoting free english classes. Trust me when I say the Language and Assessment Centres will NOT approve visitors for any of their free english programs. the program they are referring to is LINC and the the Occupational Specific program. I worked for these programs and with the language assessment centre here in ottawa. they will not risk funding for someone who can not prove at least PR eligibility through an AIP.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
9symmerty said:
I have sent my application on December 7th 2015 and it arrived in Mississauga on December 8th 2015. I will post all the updates to this Forum. Good luck to everyone this 2016 and may God be with us all!!
Hello 9symmerty,

You probably get this a lot, but would it be possible to explain and define what accorynoms stand for in your spreadsheet that you have kindly created. Such as AI wish to update it as well.

Thank you!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
he's already said he's contacted them and his wife requires an AIP to qualify for assessment. this is very typical if they are promoting free english classes. Trust me when I say the Language and Assessment Centres will NOT approve visitors for any of their free english programs. the program they are referring to is LINC and the the Occupational Specific program. I worked for these programs and with the language assessment centre here in ottawa. they will not risk funding for someone who can not prove at least PR eligibility through an AIP.
I just checked his posting history (7 posts) and did a find on "Immigration Peel" - 0 results? Could you show me?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
it's in the 3rd post on this page:

fabianonetto said:
No worries
Needs AIP. Have checked that already. The AIP is the damn pain in my b...
She's going to the English Cafe twice a week for conversation practice but that's pretty much all they have at least in Mississauga. Will check other places.
I do. She can't register with the doctor since she doesn't have AIP. What does FHN stand for?

I do but she's not eligible for them since she doesn't have OHIP.
She is doing ESL but we're paying for it. 600 bucks a month. Yes, everytime she needs to see a doctor I gotta be there to translate. She's got visitor status valid till October 2017 but I really hope this ends before that.
profiler said:
I just checked his posting history (7 posts) and did a find on "Immigration Peel" - 0 results? Could you show me?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That was to settlement.org's LINC link.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
That was to settlement.org's LINC link.
ok then:
click on the link for the langauge and assessment centre on the page you keep posting:
http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/en/about-peel-region/language-assessment-centres.asp

then click on each specific program. They each say this under eligibility:

http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/en/learning/Language-Instruction-For-Newcomers-to-Canada.asp
"Eligibility
To qualify for LINC classes or the LINC Home Study Program, you must:

Have your current English skills assessed
Be 18 years or older
Be either a permanent resident or a newcomer who has been allowed to remain in Canada, to whom Citizenship and Immigration Canada intends to grant permanent resident status and who has not become a Canadian citizen.""

like i said, the link you are providing is referring people to programs for ALREADY LANDED immigrants, not people who are in canada as visitors waiting for PR approval.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
ok then, also:
click on the link for the langauge and assessment centre on the page you keep posting:
http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/en/about-peel-region/language-assessment-centres.asp

then click on each specific program:
http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/en/learning/Language-Instruction-For-Newcomers-to-Canada.asp
"Eligibility
To qualify for LINC classes or the LINC Home Study Program, you must:

Have your current English skills assessed
Be 18 years or older
Be either a permanent resident or a newcomer who has been allowed to remain in Canada, to whom Citizenship and Immigration Canada intends to grant permanent resident status and who has not become a Canadian citizen.""
heh. I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. Funny how Ms Profiler was able to access things that stated the same though...for free. Imagine that? She asked, they helped. Oh, and no AIP either. Barely an OWP at the time! :)

If he doesn't want to pay for it, call them. He has been given options. Up to him to decide what to do.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
CDNPR2014 said:
AIP is also the key for OHIP. I tell you if I could get AIP that would solve 95% of my issues. We don't care waiting for another year as long as we have AIP asap

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
heh. I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. Funny how Ms Profiler was able to access things that stated the same though...for free. Imagine that? She asked, they helped. Oh, and no AIP either. Barely an OWP at the time! :)

If he doesn't want to pay for it, call them. He has been given options. Up to him to decide what to do.
then i'm guessing Mrs. Profiler is NOt accessing Free ESL classes that are through the LINC program that is funded by CIC. That is against the rules, and that place can lose it's funding if CIC finds out during an audit. glad mrs. profiler can access free services without being a PR. i'm not saying local school boards don't do this or the Language and Assessment Centre doesn't assess people without proper documentation in certain cases. i'm saying its virtually impossible for a visitor to get access to the LINC program without an AIP. again, if a place is doing this, then they are risking their funding and certification for that program.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
glad mrs. profiler can access free services without being a PR.
Me too :)

God knows I have paid enough taxes my whole life in this country, and gotten very little back.