+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit extension/transition time

UD Chigal

Aug 20, 2018
Thank you! But my question is do you know how long does it take to get the decision after submitting requested documents. Because its already 117 days after applying that.

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
No, I don't know. If you check for processing time, then it is showing its approximately 117 days but if your application is incomplete then it can take more time as well.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I think they only need 3 paystubs I am not getting why they have asked you for 5 paystubs. Though it totally depends on the officer who is reviewing our file. A friend of mine got his wife's OWP based on only 2 paystubs.
I have also just applied last week for my husband's OWP and I uploaded 2 payslips only as at that time I was having only 2 with an employment letter.

Wish you good luck!

CAN ANYONE please HELP....

I am an international student in Canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IR CC to submit my passport for TRV

I am an international student in Canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IR CC to submit my passport for TRV (within canada/holding valid work permit).

On 8 NOV I had mailed my passport through Canada Post (Xpress Post) to Case Processing Centre- Ottawa P.O Box 8780, STN-T-CSC. (KIG 5A9)

NEXT DAY I CAME TO KNOW THAT that it it has to be sent to Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I am really worried on.my passport is already delivered on 12 Nov.
whether thy our self will stamp my passport or send it to appropriate section?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019

I am an international student in Canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IR CC to submit my passport for TRV

I am an international student in Canada and had applied for the renewal of my trv. had received a confirmation from IR CC to submit my passport for TRV (within canada/holding valid work permit).

On 8 NOV I had mailed my passport through Canada Post (Xpress Post) to Case Processing Centre- Ottawa P.O Box 8780, STN-T-CSC. (KIG 5A9)

NEXT DAY I CAME TO KNOW THAT that it it has to be sent to Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

I am really worried on.my passport is already delivered on 12 Nov.
whether thy our self will stamp my passport or send it to appropriate section?
Do not have any idea about it. Maybe try to call them.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Do not have any idea about it. Maybe try to call them.
i called cic, thy said we dnt know.It was delivered on 12 th nov.
Thy said wait fr a week more and thn if u dnt gt any update call us ., will see.
Also, I cld cic a6 days back, tht day somebody said both addresses are fine fr passport stamping.But yesterday thy said we dnt know.

zeev1027

Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone! Can I ask help on understanding my OWP. My wife is currently on SP and I'm on OWP. Our permit will August 31, 2020. I have NOC C job right now, and when my wife studies finish, she will have NOC C PGWP. What's the best thing that we will do before our permit will expire and to continue my OWP thereafter? File my OWP extension together with my wife's PGWP or I will extend my OWP separately? Thanks in advance for the advice.

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Hi everyone! Can I ask help on understanding my OWP. My wife is currently on SP and I'm on OWP. Our permit will August 31, 2020. I have NOC C job right now, and when my wife studies finish, she will have NOC C PGWP. What's the best thing that we will do before our permit will expire and to continue my OWP thereafter? File my OWP extension together with my wife's PGWP or I will extend my OWP separately? Thanks in advance for the advice.
Hi,
If you are on spousal work permit/dependent you can not extend your work permit by yourself. To extend your work permit, your wife should have NOC 0, A or B job with at least 3 paystubs.

zeev1027

Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
If you are on spousal work permit/dependent you can not extend your work permit by yourself. To extend your work permit, your wife should have NOC 0, A or B job with at least 3 paystubs.
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean we can only apply for a visitor visa ( our child) when my wife will apply for her PGWP next year since her job is NOC C?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean we can only apply for a visitor visa ( our child) when my wife will apply for her PGWP next year since her job is NOC C?
If your wife does not have NOC 0, A or B job then all of her dependents can apply for visitor visa including you but after that, you can not work anymore so try to get NOC B job.

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My SOWP will expire on July 2020. Given the situation right now (COVID) if my husband can not find a job right away after applying his PGWP. What visa should I apply while my husband is in PGWP? and when should I apply for that visa? Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

My SOWP will expire on July 2020. Given the situation right now (COVID) if my husband can not find a job right away after applying his PGWP. What visa should I apply while my husband is in PGWP? and when should I apply for that visa? Thank you!
You would need to apply to change your status to visitor. Apply a few weeks before your current permit expires.

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
You would need to apply to change your status to visitor. Apply a few weeks before your current permit expires.
Thank you for reply canuck. Just in case I am in a visitor visit and my husband has a job can I re-apply for OWP? should I do that under his Visa or apply separately?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for reply canuck. Just in case I am in a visitor visit and my husband has a job can I re-apply for OWP? should I do that under his Visa or apply separately?
If he gets a skilled job and 3 payslips, you can apply for an OWP.

KPV

May 13, 2020
Hi
I have received my PGWP. I currently hold a 6-month NOC A job and have 3 pay slips. However, my contract will end at the end of July.

Considering that the processing time for spousal OPW is 3-4 months, there is a possibility that at the time the officer is making the decision, I will have completed my contract.

My question is:
Is it required to have a job at the time that the officer is reviewing the application? Or, I can apply now that I have all the requirements....?

Thanks for your help

jckv

Jun 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have question regarding SOWP extension. I know that Primary applicant have a job in NOC O,A or B and 3 paystub.
My question is if primary applicant job had in NOC B after study completed, and 3 pay stub secondary applicant can apply for their open work permit extension?
After 3 pay stub primary applicant job is not exist.